Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 10:56 AM
A lot of things about TS3 excite me. At first I was all "Nuh-uh, I aint gettin no new sims game, i love TS2!" But then I saw more stuff like hospitals, the fact we can have funerals etc etc and I changed my mind.
And I just started buying EPs and SPs for TS2 last year. I now have all EPs and SPs (but M&G) and that cost a lot! But I figure I will still love and play with TS2. I'll play both.
It's definitley not good-bye for TS2. It's one of the greatest games ever. No sims games will ever be fogotten. The sims created a whole new gaming phase.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 11:24 AM
I doubt if I will buy TS3 for a while. I'm happy with TS2 at the moment, and TS3 doesn't appeal to me all that much. I will buy it because I want the whole collection. I have TS1 and TS2, so I may as well complete my collection anyway. Eventually I will buy it and play it, but I don't think I'll abandon TS2. I love it too much.
Test Subject
#53 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 5:19 PM
Nahhh. Sims 2 all the way. For one thing, I hate the way the sims in Sims 3 look. :P
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:05 PM
I know I'll buy the game up right away. I can't wait I'm not going to ever be able to say adios to my Sims forever, though. I have the entire TS1 and TS2 collection (excluding AL, M&G, and Ikea) on my PC and the entire TS2 collection on my Mac (for Mac users, obviously.. I don't have FT, AL, etcetc) I'll be uninstalling TS2 on my Mac and putting TS3 on it. If I ever get the itch to play TS2, I'll just power up the ancient PC I have sitting in a dusty corner, lol. I occasionally play TS1 as well, so I know I'll do the same with 2.
#55 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:20 PM
I plan on uninstalling Sims 2 as soon as I get Sims 3. Lots of space for something I will probably never play.

Don't know why so many of you are so attached to the game. To me, it's like replacing my old beat up car for a newer model.
Alchemist
#56 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiShek
I plan on uninstalling Sims 2 as soon as I get Sims 3. Lots of space for something I will probably never play.

Don't know why so many of you are so attached to the game. To me, it's like replacing my old beat up car for a newer model.

I feel the exact same way. :thumb:
#57 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 7:17 PM
For me, it's the other way around-to replace the old classic with a brand new untested model that may not last.

I'd rather have a Rolls Royce than a Ford. Call me fussy, but the Sims 3 does not seem to have as much appeal as the Sims 2 does.

Perhaps I will change my mind, but from what I've seen and read, it is not going to be that much of an improvement in the basics-gameplay and graphics-unless EA pulls a rabbit out of its' ass.
Highly unlikely.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 7:26 PM
I'm still playing The Sims and on occasion SimCity 2000. I haven't experienced most of the TS2 expansion packs, so I'll be playing the game for a long time to come.
Alchemist
#59 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee
I'm still playing The Sims and on occasion SimCity 2000. I haven't experienced most of the TS2 expansion packs, so I'll be playing the game for a long time to come.

Until the rest of us get our hands on TS3 and tell you all about it
Test Subject
#60 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 12:22 PM
I'll stay with TS2 for a while. I'll wait until the price of TS3 goes down, because it will likely be $30.00 at first. I'd rather buy the same thing for $20 than for $30. Anyway, I've got all the expansion packs, and I need something to move my TS2 files to. I also might need a new computer. (My computer runs slowly.)
Field Researcher
#61 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 1:43 PM
Psh. I *never* buy a brand new game. I wait at least until the first patch is out and the first reviews are in. The way game companies are lately, 'hot off the press gamebuyer' is another phrase for 'beta tester', unfortuantely.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:39 PM
In five years maybe. I may be overreacting, but not much. It took me three years to get the sims 2 since it was released.

First, the sims 1 took ages to load. When I got a new computer it was advanced enough to play sims 2 on it, so I took the step inmediatelly. I don't like the same thing to happen this time. I'll get a better computer and play the sims 2 like I've never played it, and maybe later, get the sims 3.

Answering the main question: NO
Alchemist
#63 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blueny01
I'll stay with TS2 for a while. I'll wait until the price of TS3 goes down, because it will likely be $30.00 at first. I'd rather buy the same thing for $20 than for $30. Anyway, I've got all the expansion packs, and I need something to move my TS2 files to. I also might need a new computer. (My computer runs slowly.)

try $49.99
#64 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:59 PM
I've already ditched sims 2, but It was partly due to a vista re-installation, plus my new hood had started to crash, and the loading times we're ageing me.

Its only one month to go now, and I'm kinda looking forward to living in shoebox with £500 to my name in sims 3. There will be no swimming pool at first, and no money cheats (at first) and will be hard, but at least there will be free-roam, and new things to try out. I just hope all the interactive objects like arcade games, train sets and popcorn machines are not too far away, cos they are what really decorate the town. I can't wait.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:06 PM
$49.99? Try $60! At least that's what I've seen it at!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:54 PM
I won't be buying the Sims3. I had a look at the specs needed for TS3 and I don't think my computer can handle it. I'm not planning on getting a new computer for the forseeable future so it looks like I'll be sticking with TS2 for a while.
Alchemist
#67 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kayleigh83
$49.99? Try $60! At least that's what I've seen it at!

That's the Collector's edition, the regular edition is $49.99

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...=the%20sims%203
Test Subject
#68 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 4:50 PM
Nope. I actually have NO interest in the Sims 3. I don't like the way the Sims look, and TS2 suits me just fine.
#69 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 5:05 PM
I know I'll keep playing sims 2. I mean, sometimes I still play sims 1
It really depends on how I feel (and if the computer's been formated (witch happens alot in my house lol) then I can choose what game to put back on)
#70 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 5:19 PM
I'll be playing sims 2 only for my sims next top model that im starting.

I'll probably get sims 3 in like August
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:55 PM
How many of you still play sims1? i think most of us will say our farewells and lock sims2 away forever...this makes me sad, though i haven played in over a year (my laptop broke down with all my files).But i will deff say goodbye to sims 2 once S3 is released.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:00 PM
I have bought all the expansion packs and almost all of the stuff packs and I have no interest in starting all over again. I don't really like the look of the new sims and given the fact that I would have to buy a whole new computer to run the base game alone, it seems that it will cost a bit more than its worth. I'm happy with the sims 2 and play almost everyday. I recently got into photoshopping the pictures and got some modeling hacks and have found a whole new aspect of gameplay. So I won't be joining the Sims 3 wagon......I don't have the money or the interest!

It's funny how at the end, you think back to the beginning, and wonder how you got here......
My Blog
#73 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:01 AM
I'm waiting for the deluxe edition. I know it'll be tempting to get it when it first comes out, but I feel it'd be best to wait, so I can get two games in one. I made the mistake of getting it when it first came out twice, only to get the deluxe later, when I loose something vital (Sims 1 it was the code, Sims 2 was one of the loading disks) o_o For some reason I never loose anything with the Deluxe....Well, now I'm rambling.

I can't say that I'm attached to my sims, since I've had to restart so many times; Computor crashes, new expansion packs and me having little clue on how to install them properly, my hardrive frying, loosing the disks/codes (as said before), getting bored too easily and making new characters, getting a new computor and not being able to transfer the files, etc. =(

I will say I'll miss this game. I hope they'll still have Strangetown. I LOVE that place =) Or at least some of the characters.

I also need to consider how much space the game will take up. I might have to live with the basegame only with no CC, if it fits on my tiny laptop at all.
Theorist
#74 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:56 AM
Most likely there won't be an upgrade for me. I'm like many here in many circumstances. My computer barely meets minimum specs. I don't have money right now to spend on a computer upgrade and even if I did I would be thinking twice about it since my computer can do everything else I need it to do quite well, and excellent in many cases.

There are features about TS3 I find interesting but I'm not nearly as interested in it as I was TS2. Criminy, TS2 did everything I wanted TS1 to do.

As for getting tired of TS2 I actually did take a break from it for about a year-and-a-half because it basically lost its magic. The magic still isn't back, of course, but I am enjoying it again, which is all that matters. As many others have said, I still have a lot to do with TS2. I am still missing one expansion pack and only have one stuff pack. I don't know whether I'll get them or not yet.

When TS2 came out I started playing it and never looked back. I left unfinished CC projects and had a ton of CC made by others I never even got to use. I am also determined not to let that same thing happen this go around. I still have a TON of projects for TS2 that I want to finish and a bunch of new ones I've not yet started.

I admit, some of the new features of TS3 intrigue me, but other features I find extremely disturbing. For now, at least, I'll be sticking with TS2.
Inventor
#75 Old 1st May 2009 at 11:55 AM
I didn't buy Sims 2 until 10 months after it came out. Partly because I didn't have a good enough computer until that spring, and partly because I was still attatched to Sims 1! Without my best friend's nudging I probably would've waited even longer.

There are still a couple packs I want for Sims 2, and I pretty much plan on sticking with it for another year just to get my money's worth. Sims 3 looks interesting, though, and I know I'll be really excited when I see people's pictures.

Sometimes I still go back to my 1989 Gameboy even though I have a DS, there's something comforting about sticking with the old games

"to be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings
Treejen's Sims!
Page 3 of 7