Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
In the Arena
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 6:18 PM
Are you able to start CAW if you exit out of EADM? Right-click the icon on the system-tray to quit EADM.
That error is EADM needing a kick in the butt to get it started.

Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Common_Errors#...when_starting_Launcherwiki
Same workaround as for the Sims3Launcher error with the same error message that can be applied to CAW, if the above does not work.

ps: I've also disabled EADM from auto-starting at bootup, and start it manually when I need it. Reduces such annoying errors when starting CAW and Launcher.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:09 PM
I cant start CAW even without EADM running. I uninstalled EADM and same problem.

Oh and none of thoes help thingies applies to my problem... ::Sigh:: My game is wack
In the Arena
retired moderator
#28 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 4:48 AM
Updating
If you want to update CAW, you have to update the games as well. They must all be at the same code level BG-1.11, WA-2.6 & CAW-1.6.
That Common Error for Launcher is applicable to CAW, too because it is trying to start EADM first.
You cannot update CAW from EADM? Are you able to patch the game to 1.11 and 2.6 using Launcher?
If not (and EADM has already been uninstalled now), the direct download links are available here Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Downloadwiki, CAW's update .exe file is at the bottom of the page.

Without EADM, without CC and have new User files
Do you still get the same error message when trying to start CAW after EADM has been uninstalled?
Have you tried starting CAW without any CC:
- with the Framework Disabled (via File menu in MonkeyBars), or
- moving the \Mods\Packages\ folder containing your CC out of ProgramFiles to the Desktop?

You have uninstalled the games multiple time before? do you always delete The Sims 3 user files as well?
If not, rename this folder to "Electronic Arts backup", and then start a New game once more to regenerate it
Quote:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\
Quit the game and try CAW again now.

Specs
I'm still waiting on the System Specs; you did manage to run CAW before? And you didn't have any issues with it, then?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 8:30 AM
I cant update the game either. Not the base game or WA. And I still get the error message when EADM is uninstalled. And the renaming the EA folder... I cant play the game because I need to update the base game first but I cant update...
And yes, I was able to run CAW before, with no issues.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#30 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Specs
I'm still waiting on the System Specs; ...
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Also, post Game_Help:System_Specswiki, please. Just the Quick Summary would do, for now.
You get the same error even with no EADM when starting Launcher and CAW? That's weird.

Can't do a manual update either? with the .exe files directly downloaded to your Desktop and double-clicked on?
What error do you get?

For example, if you have Region 1 TS3 game disc, you downloaded this update file Sims3_1.11.7.005001_from_1.10.6.004001 to the Desktop?
And you need to look for corresponding 2.6.11 for WA version further down the page in the Patch download wiki page I provide above.

All the instructions you need are outlined in the FAQs
Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki
Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki

I think it is best for now, to backup your files and uninstall and start over again.
Select custom installation so you can confirm each step and that you uncheck EADM when prompted. Do not restore CC or framework at all.

So, here's what I need you to do:
  1. Backup your user files and \Mods\Packages folders
  2. Uninstall and clear up everything TS3-related; games, packs, EADM, CAW; inclusive of all registry entries for these programs and their folders.
  3. Reinstall TS3 base game only. Remember to uncheck EADM option when prompted.
  4. Test with unpatched new base game on 1.0 first, if OK - don't save and quit
  5. Then patch to 1.11.
  6. Test the patched 1.11 with new game.
  7. If OK, don't save and quit.
  8. Install CAW, then patch CAW to 1.6
  9. Test the patched 1.11 with new game again and then test CAW
  10. post back here with status of all this.
  11. If you get an error at any stage, let me know which stage and the exact error you get
We'll proceed with WA if all that is a success. But if you get an error, hard to proceed without Specs...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:18 AM Last edited by Minibus Taxi : 17th Apr 2010 at 9:15 AM.
My computor is in for fixing, it had a virus now a uge booting error, so I'll pobably post here again by next week or so ......

I got my PC fixed and everything works. Thank you all for your help... I hearby pronounce this case closed... Or resolved... Or whatever!

A BEER FOR EVERYONE
In the Arena
retired moderator
#32 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 7:03 AM
Page 2 of 2