Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Issues with Ambitions?
For those with the game, have you run into any glitches or technical issues?

If you've attempted to play with CC, how is it working? And how is custom makeup affected by the new ability to adjust makeup transparency?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:18 PM
I have one issue. I can't click on the active sim any more. There's no "self-menu". At first I just thought it was just a change they made. But now that i think about it, that can't be right. The hard part now is figuring out which of my bajillion downloads is causing this issues

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:25 PM
I'm just going to take them all out and re-add one at a time based on dire need.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:36 PM
I heard they changed a lot in this pack so I would not use downloads until they are updated or at the very least, add them one at a time...and post here so we know what works! :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:38 PM
New question: has anyone installed 1.12/2.7/3.3? How is it working?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
I'm just going to take them all out and re-add one at a time based on dire need.

That's what I should have done. Now i'm noticing a butt load of glitches. They're all no doubt due to my CC so I should have done what you said.

You know those animations a sim does while they're idle? Like when someone skilled in martial arts will do karate movements while they're just standing there.

My sim is doing that...but every few seconds. Even while he SLEEPS, you'll see him stand up, do a karate move, then be sleeping again. Weird glitch.

So time to remove the CC until they're updated

----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Forum Resident
#7 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rainbowtwilight
New question: has anyone installed 1.12/2.7/3.3? How is it working?

My launcher STILL doesn't work, and hasn't since the 1.8 patch. I have reinstalled countless times, but still, nada. Has it been posted online anywhere yet?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:56 PM
I'm taking out all the scripting mods and trying only with the CC when I finally get to install the game. I guess we'll see what happens. I have so much CC and my game takes so long to load that I'm afraid the trial and error method would be more pain than it's worth.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:56 PM
I have all my custom content in and am playing the game. No problems. However, I only have things like hairs and objects. I don't have any mods, and I don't have that much custom content in the first place.

No glitches or problems with install either.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM
By the way, if any of you guys can narrow down your problems to specific files, especially those available here on MTS, could you post which ones? Conversely, if you find files that you suspected might have caused a problem but don't, that might be something you could also mention. I'll do the same when I get my game up and running. I think we could help each other find out what's compatible and what isn't.
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kletus4pres
That's what I should have done. Now i'm noticing a butt load of glitches. They're all no doubt due to my CC so I should have done what you said.

You know those animations a sim does while they're idle? Like when someone skilled in martial arts will do karate movements while they're just standing there.

My sim is doing that...but every few seconds. Even while he SLEEPS, you'll see him stand up, do a karate move, then be sleeping again. Weird glitch.

So time to remove the CC until they're updated

Thanks, that image is the best laugh I've had all day. And some of the glitches may not be due to CC, some may be bugs in the game. That's why it's important to play mod free for awhile to see what bugs are part of the game and which ones are being caused by outdated mods. And it gives the modders time to update their stuff.
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:59 PM
People really shouldn't even try to play with mods right now. I dare to say, Ambitions changed completely Sims 3. Also did the new patch, so mods won't work properly. The good mods were made by good people, that I'm sure will update their creations ASAP.
Instructor
#13 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:00 PM
I've been playing Blaise and let her join the Firefighter profession, she started as Water Girl. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but now I hear running water where ever she goes, even after a promotion.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:01 PM
I had an issue with my game. Installed ambitions, and the launcher said my base game wasn't supported by the expansion, and to update by the launcher. Well, needless to say that didn't work. I had to uninstall ambitions, patch the game using the launcher, then reinstall ambitions in order to get ambitions to work.
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
People really shouldn't even try to play with mods right now. I dare to say, Ambitions changed completely Sims 3. Also did the new patch, so mods won't work properly. The good mods were made by good people, that I'm sure will update their creations ASAP.

I think it depends on the mod. I know better than to stick a core, global, story telling, neighborhood effecting mod in my game right now. But I will be highly surprised if the "reading is more fun" mod manages to break my game. And if it does I'd just take it back out.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Thanks, that image is the best laugh I've had all day. And some of the glitches may not be due to CC, some may be bugs in the game. That's why it's important to play mod free for awhile to see what bugs are part of the game and which ones are being caused by outdated mods. And it gives the modders time to update their stuff.

Oh it was funny to see too. Some glitches are entertaining. It was almost as if he was having a dream about karate. It stopped after I removed some of my fun mods

Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:46 PM
The only issue I have is all the mods that I used they won't work, so perhaps I'm hoping delphy will come up with an updated monkeybars installer for it, i've removed the mods for now, I played it for like ten minutes so far, I need my mods still! ugh! A couple of bugs still though...lets see how long it takes them to realize this.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:49 PM
I have removed all of my mods, CC, and even resource.cfg, and deleted my cache files, and the game is still not working. I have patched correctly and everything should be normal, but Ambitions hangs on the loading screen indefinitely at 0% and doesn't even start playing any sort of loading music. Should I just wait longer? I don't know what else to do.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:50 PM Last edited by HeyBubbe : 1st Jun 2010 at 7:53 PM. Reason: don't want to double post
I took all my mods and package files out before installing and haven't put them back in yet. Everything is running great except for one thing: 90% of my male accessories hairstyles are gone. All female accessory hairs seem fine, and regular male hair seems fine. Just male accessories hair is mostly gone. I have a several WA styles, a couple store styles, one or two basegame styles, and no ambitions styles. Weird.

I guess ambitious sims don't like hats.

PS-Still no in-game store for mac users. I'd have thunk EA would'a fixed that in the expansion pack. Oh well.

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Stupid monkey! "
Instructor
#20 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by masterforger
I have removed all of my mods, CC, and even resource.cfg, and deleted my cache files, and the game is still not working. I have patched correctly and everything should be normal, but Ambitions hangs on the loading screen indefinitely at 0% and doesn't even start playing any sort of loading music. Should I just wait longer? I don't know what else to do.

The only time my game hung at loading is when I didn't copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the new expansion folder. But since you removed the resource.cfg file that shouldn't be an issue. Are you sure you removed the right one? Not the one in the Game\Bin folder but the Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff folder, and it might be in the Sims 3 folder and World Adventures folder if you never took it out. If none of that works, I would suggest putting the resource.cfg back and copying the dll file to Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin folder.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:59 PM
I don't have HELS. I found a stray Resource.cfg in my WA folder, though. You sure are smart! *hyuk hyuk* Let's see if it works now.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:00 PM
You're my hero. I mean heroin. Er, heroine. It's loading like a charm!
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:01 PM
Someone on NN99 said the new patch did something to her CAW tool and it won't work anymore.

Its really funny, but the forums have been buzzing with people having no problems whatsoever and now I see glitches and issues all over the place. I wonder if those posts are deleted on the forums....

Twallan says they made huge changes to the core so it will be a little longer to see updates to mods.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:04 PM
I put in (almost) all of my CC, not including my extra sliders and skintones and other stuff that requires mods to work correctly. Everything seems peachy so far.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:16 PM
My game crashes to the desktop everytime it tries to get to the loading screen. I'm sure that my mods are the reason WHY it's doing that, but don't want to play without the mods.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: Free-for-all? Not!
Page 1 of 2