Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 11:00 PM
Default If someone can explain to me in english how to get mods to work
I have read all of the tutorials. Done everything possible yet my mods are not working. I would like to know:

A. how to add acessories to sims
B. How to add sims
C. How to add items

I have only succesfully gotten items in game but they wont interact. What I have done.

Gotten resource file (This got SOME items into game)
Made a succesful mod and package folder

and thats where I am at.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 11:47 PM
If some of your .package files are working in game then it means you're installing them properly. If only some stuff doesn't show up, but others do, then it's possible there's something wrong with the items you're trying to install. Also make sure you don't have the old way still in place (the .dll file in Program Files and so forth) as that can cause issues.

.Sim files get put in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims\ - if you don't have a folder called that, make one there. Call it EXACTLY that. "SavedSims" - two capital S's, one small s at the end. You'll find them in Create a Sim in the premade sims bin (big button, down at the bottom, looks like silhouettes of people's heads). You'll need to make sure you're looking at the right age/gender for the sims you've downloaded. You can click the * button to show only custom sims.

Put accessories on sims in Create-a-Sim (it's done per outfit) to do it on a new sim, or send a sim to a dresser and plan them a new outfit.

Objects show up in-game in the same place as any other object - in the buy/build mode catalog. Custom items installed the new way in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages will have a little icon on them to indicate they're custom items.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 11:52 PM
items are in game but i cannot interact with them
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:19 AM
Okay figured everything out. I need one thing...Framework...

Where do i get this and how do i install it???
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:45 AM
If your game is patched to 1.12 or higher, the "framework" required to install cc is simply
• the Mods folder you place in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/,
• the Packages folder you place inside the Mods folder, and
• the Resource.cfg file you place inside the Mods folder (download from Step 2 here)

Place any .package files inside the Packages folder.
Place .sim files in the SavedSims folder as described by HP.
Install Sims3Packs via the launcher.

I realize there's a lot of conflicting information floating around about how to install TS3 cc, but that's just because until patch 1.12, EA had not made the game cc-friendly. If you had cc in the game prior to patch 1.12/Ambitions, then you need to remove any cc installed in the old location.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:51 AM
I am not at 1.12 how do i update? the launcher says im up to date but i am at like 1.09....
transmogrified
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:53 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:55 AM
I am using monkey helper and it still states. No framework installed. any suggestions?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 12:58 AM
Don't use the monkey helper. It's designed to place .package files in the Program Files path, which is the outdated method of installing cc.

Patch your game to 1.12 or higher and use the more recent method for installing cc, described above.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 1:08 AM
patched and when i put my .sim programs in SavedSims folder they wont appear in game. is the resource file inside the mod folder? i need to know locations. can you kindly post screenshots?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 1:14 AM
We already have. The message that appeared before you could even post a thread (or three) in the help section pointed you to installation FAQs for all three types of custom content: http://www.modthesims.info/announce...ouncementid=146

Visit those FAQs, and you will see screen shots. If you still have questions after that, please do what the introductory message asked:
Quote:
If your .package format custom content is not showing up and you have followed the above FAQs: Please see CC Not showing? Read this!!! You MUST provide the requested information there when posting a Help thread about your custom content!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 1:20 AM
ill try everything until then thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 1:50 PM
Im still having no luck. If someone could just help me out with getting framework installed that would fix my problem.
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:17 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify Gameversions + Framework
    1. What is your gameversion?
      Windows OS: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Game_Help:TS3_Patching_Find_Gameversion#info.plistwiki

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist from the following locations, for whichever games you have (adapt as appropriate for OSX):
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 <EP or SP name>\Game\Bin

Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
      WA: GameVersion =
      HEL: GameVersion =
      AMB: GameVersion =
      FL: GameVersion =
      LN: GameVersion =
    2. Take a screenshot of:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
      ... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable.

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:16 PM
Wow alright big words. Before it gets really complicated I found a forum link and it seems im missing a file called d3dx9_31.dll. Do you know this file? It should be in your game/bin.

BTW: I am running on a windows computer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:20 PM
1.18.9.009001 this is my version

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

^ Resource
retired moderator
#17 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:27 PM
Don't mess with the .dll files. You don't need to bother with them at all if your game is fully patched. Messing with .dll files was only necessary before the 1.12 patch - if you're on 1.18 it's irrelevant to you, and installing a .dll with 1.18 can actually make some mods -stop- working.

Your Resource.cfg is incorrect. You should be using the one linked in the FAQs instead. Delete it and download this one: http://skuld.modthesims.info/Resource.cfg

Make sure to put it in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:23 PM
alright. You can read the above info. Id also like to know how to take screenshots and where to find them on a windows?
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:28 PM
There's a link on how to take screenshots in the section of my post where I requested screenshots. It has full instructions there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:28 PM
placed in new resource and now the items wont even appear in game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:42 PM
I really would like the dll please
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 2:59 PM
Where did you put the Resource.cfg?

You do not need or want the dll with 1.18. It can only cause problems - it won't help whatsoever.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:14 PM
in the mods folder
retired moderator
#24 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:39 PM
Have you gotten those screenshots yet?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 3:37 PM
no. I must be going somewhere. I looked at the picture in the guide and i match exactly.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-framework fail
Page 1 of 2