Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2013 at 6:32 AM Last edited by Josepina : 23rd May 2013 at 12:07 PM.
Default Adding tsDesignModeEnabled and crashing
I've tried to make an edible icecream cone recolorable (from PCSims at the graveyard) following HugeLunatic's tutorial. It keeps crashing the game though. It originally had 5 blocks but only one line in the objectgraphnode. So I added the other four lines. The blocks begin at 0x0. I tried beginning the sequence at 0x0000 and then I tried beginning at 0x0001. Still it keeps crashing.

When the datalist extension reference lines are not present can you not just add them?

*************Something you might consider adding to the tutorial HL that we currently don't know how to upgrade objects that have this mismatch. Lest someone else run into the same problem.*******************
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:01 PM
It seems odd that there is a mismatch of lines, did the object work originally? To help debug it would be easier if you were to attach the object. But normally you can add lines to the Blocklist, as long as you have the same number of lines in the Datalist Extension part too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2013 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Josepina : 22nd May 2013 at 3:54 PM.
It is not just this icecream cone (easy to find at the sims2graveyard.com by going to downloads > PCSims > food-related > IceCreamStand). I've been having the same problem with a deco pond bridge by SavageSims, ie only one dl-ex reference w/ multiple blocks causing the game to crash even when they are added.

The icecream cone doesn't have a pie menu on the icecream stand for some reason so it needs to be added to the catalogue. It works fine though. Place it somewhere and sims have the option to eat which they do. The bridge is a buyable object. It's on the booty @ savagesims > objects > bridgeset
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd May 2013 at 6:29 PM
Quote:
I tried beginning the sequence at 0x0000 and then I tried beginning at 0x0001.

Why would you number the added lines like that?

When you add a line to the Datalist Extension Reference, you add a 1 to the end of the numbers in the Enabled box and the number of the line to the end of the numbers in the Index box.

So if there is already one line, you would add a 1 to the Enabled box and a 2 to the Index box; if there is already 2 lines, you'd add a 1 to the Enabled box and a 3 to the Index box and so on.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2013 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Josepina : 22nd May 2013 at 7:39 PM.
Yes. That's what I have done with other packages without issue. Usually they start 0x0001 and run sequentially. These packages have only one line which is 0x0000. As I am not versed in computer programming I didn't know if the value being zero was the problem. So after adding the lines beginning with 0x0000, I tried changing the initial line to 0x0001.

With the stone bridges the first package has one line 0x0000. The second and third packages have three lines beginning at 0x0001 to 0x0003. With the second package I added the 0x0004-0x0006 lines to correspond with the 6 blocks in the package inclucing the tsDesignModeEnabled block. It still crashes the game. I suspect there is something more to fixing these packages than just adding the datalist extension refs.

Actually maybe that wasn't entirely correct. Anyway, I can count and I added the lines consecutively from whichever values the package had to begin with and it didn't work.

It is curious how there are blocks without a datalist ex reference to them. Maybe they need to be removed and replaced properly for the package to work? Since I have found two downloads in the last week with the same problem it is likely there are many more.

BTW I really like your light switches and electrical outlets.