Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 3:04 PM Last edited by darklighthim : 16th Aug 2007 at 6:56 PM.
Default Trying to create a stb ( a few questions)*EDITED*
right i decided to try my hand at creating an object that i want to use in my sims 2.I have tried to read a few tutorials but having some trouble

The object i am creating is a Set top box to go beside a tv. I have created a 3d model and exported it to .obj file. after that i get lost and stuck.

any help would be apreciated greatly
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 4:40 AM
You need to clone something in SimPE and replace its mesh and GUID. Your best bet is something decorative. However, you are going to run into a little trouble placing it on top of the tv. There isn't any slots up there, so you'd have to either use move objects, or mod the TV. Read more tutorials, they are a godsend.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 2:56 PM
thanks for advice, the box is not going on top of tv but will sit next to TV like the games console does and will purely be decorative untill such time as i am able to do more with it