Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 7:43 AM
Problems Making a Bed
Ok, First let me say I am sorry if I have overlooked any forums discussing this, I have looked with no luck. And also sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I am trying to make a better Cheap Eazzze Bed. I am also cloning the Teak Single bed to make a Cheap Eazzzee Single bed. When I clone it I am NOT making it a stand alone item so it will use maxis and custom bedding. I then go in and register a new guid. Well, needless to say, my new mesh was working fine...It is the orignal Cheap Eazzze Bed and Carress of Teak bed that stopped functioning properly. It is in my catalog, but I am not able to use it anymore.

So after searching the forums, I got rid of the 1st meshes I did, and recloned the two beds again, but this time make it a stand alone item, and use the "repository technique" to get the beds to use the textures from the frame and bedding of the of the Cheap Eazzzeee Bed. But now when I load the catalog and click on the bed icon, MY GAME CRASHES!!! Please help!!!

I want to be able to clone the Cheap Eazzzee Double Bed to make it better for energy and comfort and clone the Carress of Teak Single Bed to make a Cheap Eazzzeee Single bed. I would like to be able to use the same textures as the Cheap Eazzzeee bed, and still have the original beds still functioning as well.

PS. Sorry for the "book"

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:14 AM
it's best if you actually post the file here so we can try and figure out what's wrong.
Without that we are just guessing; which at this point ... it sounds like you may have done something wrong with the repository.
Also, you say "GUID" did you get only one, or did you replace each and every GUID in the file (which is what you need to do)?

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:27 AM
OMG!! I am such a DORK!! I will do that with the guid again. I did it the 1st time around (attempt not mentioned above, lol) but made it a stand alone item, and of course I ran into the problem with the bedding all showing up as custom. And that is when attempt #2 occured (1 above). In my 3rd attempt (again not mentioned) I used the repository and I had the 2 custom beds using the frame texture of the cheap eazzzeee bed, but when I checked it the bedding wasn't available and the original cheap eazzzeee bed was still not functional. It is the actual 4th attempt, that I tried the repository on the bedding, and the game kept crashing. Each time after the 1st attempt I wan't changing all "GUID". I completely brain farted on that part.

I was so frustrated, I ended up deleting both beds again. I will see if I can find them in my recycle bin, restore them and give new "GUID" for all, and then see what problems are still there.

(AGAIN SORRY FOR THE BOOK) THANK YOU Simaddict99.

Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:12 PM Last edited by rebecah : 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:16 PM. Reason: added more information
To get a higher energy and comfort use the Majestically Medieval and extract the bcon file that relates to sleeping and replace the ones in your bed. If you want a higher environment rating you would want to change the tuning environment file.

Another way is to just type in the same constant settings from the Majestically Medieval Bed.

For example Tuning Environment is 0X000A.

The constants are what actually control these things with beds and many other items. The code has to be inplace just changing the catalog description does not work.

These are the constants from the Medieval Bed for Sleeping:

I hope I explained it ok if you don't understand it please tell me and I'll try to explain better. I'm not great at wording things.

To check your other problems I would need to look at the file. If you could post it I'll be happy to check it out.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:48 PM
Ok, found my 2nd set (the one that made the cloned beds unfunctional). I went into Object Data again, and changed the GUID for ALL on both beds. I also used the repository again for the frame texture. I checked it in my game, and the original beds are now functional, and the custom beds have all the frame textures as the Cheap Eazzee Bed, but the only bedding available for the custom bed is the black one. I have no bedding choices for my custom bed...

As far as the "better" part, I haven't updated the bcon yet. As you will see under Object Data-RAW data files, I was experimenting by changing, ENERGY, COMFORT, FUN, & ENVIRONMENT to 10. But like I said I am REALLY NEW at this, so I had no idea how things work.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bettercheapeazzzedoublebed_senesi2003.zip (91.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  cheapeazzzeeesinglebed_senesi2003.zip (63.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 7:15 PM Last edited by rebecah : 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:01 PM. Reason: added information
I will check it out for you.

Ok the first thing I see is your GUI's are not changed. When you say you changed the gui did you remember to update and the first one you have to check the box to update all MMATs.

You also have 2 tsMaterialMeshName in your GMND section. You only need one. I fixed it up and replaced all the tuning files needed to be the same as the Mideval bed. I hope this helped you. If you need me to explain what I did just let me know. I did not get actual gui's as you do need to get some from you account. I just put some made up ones in for testing.

I don't know of a bed that actually has 10 for sleeping and comfort. So I can only update to 8. I know some creators put that in the catalog that they are 10's but if you test them they aren't any better than the original bed they cloned. I'm also not that good with the bcon section to know how to increase the fun. Maybe someone else can help you with that part. I know Inge is very good with the bcon files and what I do know I learned from her posts.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bettercheapeazzzedoublebed_senesi2003.zip (89.8 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:27 PM
Thank you so much, Rebecah. I will take a look at it and change the GUID properly now. And then change everything on the single bed. THANK YOU THANK YOU