Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:15 PM
Default Aircrafts models for Sims 2
Hello guys, im intrested to begin a project, Create aircrafts for decorative purpose. Just an example: Put an aircraft next to the computer at a computer table, or just put on a cofee table also.
Just like i said, DECORATIVE AIRCRAFTS.

Here i got a list with some aircraft meshes i can get on a posible format:
A-10 Thunderbolt II
F-14 Tomcat
F-15 Eagle
F-19
F/A-22 Raptor
Su-27 Flanker
EF-2000 Eurofighter Thypoon
and much more.

L I N C E R - 5 5 6
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 10:25 AM
Okay.... sounds like a fun project. I didn't really see a question in there, but since you're posting in our create forum I'm assuming you're asking how to do it...

Aircraft are going to be about the same as any decorative object - a combination of a mesh, properly mapped to use a good texture, at as low a poly count as you can manage. You'd want to start with the recolouring tutorials if you've never recoloured an object mesh (that gets you the plugin you need to do it right, and teaches you some about what uv mapping is, and texturing). Then move on to the object tutorials - make a table. Then work on learning uv mapping a little more, do some simple, well-mapped decorative objects, and then work up to creating your planes.

If you're using Milkshape, by the way, I know there's a tutorial -specifically- on creating an airplane in Milkshape's help file.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.