Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 13462 (Who?), Viewed: 295500 times.
Page 539 of 539
Instructor
#13451 Old Yesterday at 6:13 PM
Now that I see your post @marka93 I remembered you sharing that info here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578679. I knew that I'd seen it outside of MATY but I couldn't remember where. Thanks for reminding me; someone else asked me about it and now I can give them your link.
Top Secret Researcher
#13452 Old Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Is there a way (easy way) to find out how a sim died w/o seein their ghost? Is the info in SimPE, but not hidden in the code somewhere that would make my eyes cross :P
Mad Poster
#13453 Old Yesterday at 10:47 PM
If you have the Urnstone Spawner found here, you can see what type of death...now all you need to learn is..the different types of death!
lol..we have the same picture..
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885
You don't have TO spawn it, but at least, clicking on the object will let you know.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#13454 Old Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Interestin ... I know I've used that before but forgot bout it :D

However, I do wonder if it would tell for the ancestors too since most of them don't have data... prob not huh?
Mad Poster
#13455 Old Yesterday at 10:59 PM
I'm not sure, but if the deceased sim has a tombstone/urn, then you probably can be informed...

Test Subject
#13456 Old Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Why is Darleen's ghost always angry at Dirk?
Instructor
#13457 Old Today at 1:09 AM
I think EAxis just messed up on programming ghosts. They're only supposed to be mean if someone kicks their urn/tombstone, if the spouse remarries, or if there is no family member on the lot, but it seems to me that they're just plain mean all the time. Jill Smith was so terrorized by her dad's ghost that I had to send her to university in the middle of the night, just to keep her alive - she couldn't get enough food down between scares to survive until morning. Dora Ottomas treated her granddaughter, Lynne, in the same way, despite having had a high relationship score with her when she died. Darleen's ghost went berserk when Darren and Dirk adopted a kitten, having a constant thought-bubble with a red x over the poor kitten. Cassandra I could understand, but a kitten?

It's a pity, because a family ghost who continued to act towards relatives according to their relationship during life would have been a really good feature, especially if children, at least, could talk to the ghost and maybe get some sympathy and social interaction during bad times. I would have loved it if Ophelia could have talked to the spirits of her murdered parents. And if the ghost would scare off burglars, that would be great! But instead we just get ghosts who scare their own kids to death and hate kittens.
Top Secret Researcher
#13458 Old Today at 1:16 AM
Check out Cyjon's Ghost Mod.

Cyjon says his is based on TJ's Ghost Mod at Simbology.
Mad Poster
#13459 Old Today at 1:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat

I have that too.

Question of mine :
Does using the sim blender to add a Parent/Child also adds relationship? I want old Raoul to get a visit from the son he never knew he had...
So both sims should never have met, until they...meet in person.

Scholar
#13460 Old Today at 8:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
I have that too.

Question of mine :
Does using the sim blender to add a Parent/Child also adds relationship? I want old Raoul to get a visit from the son he never knew he had...
So both sims should never have met, until they...meet in person.

From what I recall setting two Sims to be Family does not change their relationship. I have set several different Sims to be related to each other and if I recall correctly setting them to be Family does not change their relationship, it just makes them Family.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#13461 Old Today at 9:05 AM
BlueAlien, EA absolutely messed up the coding on ghosts. It also has something to do with deleting their beds, I believe? It makes them angry. Of course, this is silly, because a bed is likely to be deleted when a sim dies.

I use Cyjon's ghost hack, which helps me with the problem a lot. I find it doesn't do everything it's intended to (could be some kind of conflict perhaps), but it doesn't cut down on the scaring a lot.
Scholar
#13462 Old Today at 9:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAlien
we just get ghosts who scare their own kids to death and hate kittens
Ditto. I think I read somewhere on Wiki that the ghosts sometimes clean toilets and help around the house, but I've never seen it happen, ever.

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter
Test Subject
#13463 Old Today at 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat

Cyjon says his is based on TJ's Ghost Mod at Simbology.

Thanks! I should've assumed Cyjon had a mod for this.
Page 539 of 539