Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Kitty25939 : 20th Dec 2015 at 12:04 AM.
Edit in Game mode makes Origin open instead of the game!?
Okay, I've done a lot of research on this already and can't seem to find any answers that can help me. I know that the only fix is to buy a different copy of the Sims 3. The only issue is since the Sims 4 is out, Origin has recently removed a lot of the Sims 3 content. Not only that, but I know that they used to have the Sims 3 version without the "go social" caption on the cover, which, sadly, is the version I'd need to make it work (the only base game on Origin is in the starter pack, which will not work with CAW (the starter pack is also the only physical copy of the game that I own), I also don't have a disk drive, which is why this is relevant to this problem). If I get a disk drive and a copy of the Sims 3 disk, will I have to keep the disk in when I want to play it? Will it affect my saves and CC? Will I be able to run all of my EPs with the disk version of the base game? It seems that trying to fix this annoying issue has raised more questions for me than answers. I've also seen a forum similar to this one, and it said to NOT use a registry cleaner on the game after uninstalling it, and then reinstalling, as it's been proven to not work. I just really didn't want this to come to having to buy another copy of the base game. I'm asking this because I really want to create worlds for all of you great people on MTS, but I can't create custom community lots without the edit in game feature! Or do you think it may be possible to put the world in the game and then make changes and somehow get the world file back in CAW? I'm just asking for general info on this and I want to research it deeply before doing anything, because I don't want to break my game by accident. Thank you! (for taking the time to read this lengthy thing and try to help)

EDIT: I'd really like some help! Can someone please tell me the answer to at least some of these questions?? I don't want to do anything without knowing the results for sure!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 7:43 AM
How do you know the only fix is to buy different copy of sims 3? Does your game start normally?

Have you read this http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595 ? There is a part "CAW loading Launcher instead of Edit-in-Game" that might be related.

I have a disk version of the sims but I use Nraas' No CD mod so I dont have to use the disk when playing. Your saves and CC will be fine.