Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 6:42 AM
Default What do You do When You're Bored?
I'm bored, so I'm making this thread. I'd like to hear what you guys do when you're bored, whether it be on your computer or not. Since this is a 'discussion' thread, I'd like to see more than a list, and maybe why you do each thing.
So, to start us off, this is what I do:
1. Go back and watch my favorite YouTubers old videos.
Maybe I didn't see one, or maybe I'm waiting for the new ones to come out, so this is a great form of entertainment for me.
2. Seeing what Pandora Radio thinks I like.
I love Pandora, but getting heavy metal suggestions after listening to Neutral Milk Hotel is odd, oh, and hilarious.
3. Correcting peoples' grammar.
I enjoy correcting people, whether it be 'your or you're' or spelling.
Your Turn!

Greetings From Nerdfighteria!
Helping to Decrease World Suck One Four Minute Video at a Time
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 8:59 AM Last edited by unalisaa : 25th Aug 2011 at 10:01 AM.
I am never bored, and I firmly belive that boredom is a sign of lacking intelligence.
Okay, that may be a bit harsh, but I do think "bored" is a word thrown around a little too lightly. There are plenty of times where I don't have anything to do, per se, but I haven't experienced mind-numbing boredom since I was a child. When I'm idle, I usually stop it by doing something interesting.

One S, two As.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:32 AM
Three words; Grand Theft Auto!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by unalisaa
I am never bored, and I firmly belive that boredom is a sign of lacking intelligence.

Hah. I became an academic because I can't bear being bored.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unalisaa
Okay, that may be a bit harsh, but I do think "bored" is a word thrown around a little too lightly. There are plenty of times where I don't have anything to do, per se, but I haven't experienced mind-numbing boredom since I was a child. When I'm idle, I usually stop it by doing something interesting.

And that something interesting is what is supposed to be discussed.

Greetings From Nerdfighteria!
Helping to Decrease World Suck One Four Minute Video at a Time
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 5:32 PM Last edited by unalisaa : 25th Aug 2011 at 7:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimTek
And that something interesting is what is supposed to be discussed.

I suppose so. The thing is, I fundamentally disagree with the notion that one can rid oneself of boredom by doing something, because being bored means not feeling like doing anything.
When I'm out of things to do, I usually surf the Internet, watch my guilty pleasure reality show, embroider, read a book, hula hoop, go to sleep, or ask the devil if he'd like to play a game with my idle hands. If it's really bad, I sometimes consider doing my homework. The thing is, that's what I do when I'm not bored, too, because it never gets to the point of boredom. Does that make sense? I know a lot of people who claim to be bored on the bus or while waiting in line or whatever, but I cannot see how spending a few hours or less without a real task is all that horrible. Not having anything to do =/= being bored, unless you expect to be entertained constantly. Maybe I'm just spectacularly good at pissing away time.
I just don't think it counts as being bored unless we're talking about ennui, and ennui is pretty rare when you think about it.

What I do when I'm board is pine, though. HA HA HA GET IT PINE

One S, two As.
Alchemist
#7 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 6:19 PM
When I'm bored, I usually have s...

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 7:34 PM
When you are bored you just have to deal with it, , If you cant play sims3
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 11:52 PM
I touch myself in all the wrong ways in all the right places.
Typical
#10 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 12:06 AM Last edited by lewjen : 26th Aug 2011 at 5:56 PM.
Hm... I'd say that when I'm bored, I come onto this site, (although, I do do that when I'm not bored, too :p) and/or probably start building, mostly in sims 2.
Inventor
#11 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimTek
3. Correcting peoples' grammar.

Let's hope you don't get bored too often.
Inventor
#12 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:30 AM
I'm rarely bored. I have too much stuff to do, and never enough time to do it all!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 4:27 PM
I don't remember the last time I was bored. I agree with Saturnfly, I have way too much to do and not enough time to do it. If I find myself not wanting to do something like cleaning which always needs doing, I will read, play Sims, build on Sims, walk the dog, do a puzzle, paint, play cards, call a friend, surf the net, bake a cake, or whatever.

My simblr