Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Columns in CAS v1.9.1 for Legacy Edition

by weerbesu Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 8:18 PM - Updated 17th Aug 2022 at 12:31 PM by weerbesu

750 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 408 Feedback Posts, 341 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 31
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#401 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:54 PM
THANK YOU!!! I have been trying to figure out why my CAS wouldn't work, and it was because my favorite mod was outdated...So thank you for updating this!!!<3<3
Test Subject
#402 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeadMansChest
Is it possible to fix that spacing bug where items start to go way off-screen when using items with high swatch counts?

is *that* what causes that bug? i've been trying to figure out why that was happening for ages. i kept looking for a mod conflict, or anything and couldn't figure out what was causing the columns to start to shift out of alignment i guess the solution is to get rid of my clothing with a high swatch count?
Test Subject
#403 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:40 PM
It can be used for 1.36.104.1020?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#404 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeadMansChest
Is it possible to fix that spacing bug where items start to go way off-screen when using items with high swatch counts?

I don’t use CC myself so I’ve never even seen this issue in my game. I feel like people should bring this issue up to EA first (I don’t know if anyone has done so). If they allow items with that many swatches, then the UI should be able to show these items without any glitches.

ΔΤΔ
Test Subject
#405 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by weerbesu
I don’t use CC myself so I’ve never even seen this issue in my game. I feel like people should bring this issue up to EA first (I don’t know if anyone has done so). If they allow items with that many swatches, then the UI should be able to show these items without any glitches.

Can it be used for 1.36.104.1020?
Test Subject
#406 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:27 PM
I love your work my friend! Are you able to add even more columns like 6-10 columns? it will help a lot especiallys if you have more than 4000 mods and you have to look through within 2 columns lol Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#407 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EGC31848
I love your work my friend! Are you able to add even more columns like 6-10 columns? it will help a lot especiallys if you have more than 4000 mods and you have to look through within 2 columns lol Thank you!

It might be counterproductive to have that many columns so I won't be adding more flavors.

Here's what my game looks like with 10 columns (running at 7680x3200 with uiscale set to 50). Pretty difficult to find anything as you see so many items at once.

ΔΤΔ
Top Secret Researcher
#408 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:04 AM
It might be counterproductive to have that many columns so I won't be adding more flavors.

Here's what my game looks like with 10 columns (running at 7680x3200 with uiscale set to 50). Pretty difficult to find anything as you see so many items at once.

That looks awesome haha. Though I think it'd give me a headache!
Test Subject
#409 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
FOR THOSE HAVING CAP COLUMN ISSUES:

If your CAP columns are going off screen, you can circumvent this by changing your UI scaling. Go to Your Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4 folder, open options.ini. Find where it says "uiscale". Change this number to anything between 100 and 200. I suggest 125. Counter intuitively, the larger the number, the smaller the UI elements. This will makes elements in CAS smaller and allow extra columns to appear properly.
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 6:46 PM Last edited by AlHollandiyah : 28th Nov 2017 at 7:14 PM.

I see in this image that the bar with "search filters" stretches as long as the columns. When I use the mod (4 column version) this bar is only above the first 2 columns, do you know how this is possible and/or if this can be fixed?

Also, with a GUI scale of more then 100 (I'm guessing you mean 150 not 50), also on your screenshot, there's a large blank area at the right of the CAS columns. That is probably caused by scaling, so I assume that probably can't be fixed right?

Screenshot:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#411 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlHollandiyah
I see in this image that the bar with "search filters" stretches as long as the columns. When I use the mod (4 column version) this bar is only above the first 2 columns, do you know how this is possible and/or if this can be fixed?

Also, with a GUI scale of more then 100 (I'm guessing you mean 150 not 50), also on your screenshot, there's a large blank area at the right of the CAS columns. That is probably caused by scaling, so I assume that probably can't be fixed right?

Screenshot:

The length of the filter bar can be changed, but it’d be much more time-consuming to make (it needs to be written to dynamically adjust its length based on the context) so I’ve only done it in the personal version I use.

And no, I meant 50 (4 times as large as the normal UI), not 150. The large blank area is always there if you have extra screen space, since the number of columns is fixed & doesn’t adjust based on how much space you have.

ΔΤΔ
Lab Assistant
#412 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 12:46 PM
The length of the filter bar can be changed, but it’d be much more time-consuming to make (it needs to be written to dynamically adjust its length based on the context) so I’ve only done it in the personal version I use.

And no, I meant 50 (4 times as large as the normal UI), not 150. The large blank area is always there if you have extra screen space, since the number of columns is fixed & doesn’t adjust based on how much space you have.

Would the blank space disappear if I make it 5 columns for example? Also, if 50 is 4 times larger, is 150 like 25% of 100? Or am I missing a logic here?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#413 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlHollandiyah
Would the blank space disappear if I make it 5 columns for example? Also, if 50 is 4 times larger, is 150 like 25% of 100? Or am I missing a logic here?

If there are enough columns then the blank space obviously won't be there. In your screenshot it seems like you're just a little short of having enough space for 5 columns, so using 5 columns might cause the scroll bar to get cut off from the screen.

When I say "4 times as large" I mean it in terms of the area, since both width and height are twice as big so we have (100/50)^2 = 4.

For 150 we have (100/150)^2 = 0.444, or 44.4% of 100.

ΔΤΔ
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#414 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 7:40 AM
Very good idea!
Lab Assistant
#415 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackBinimbul
FOR THOSE HAVING CAP COLUMN ISSUES:

If your CAP columns are going off screen, you can circumvent this by changing your UI scaling. Go to Your Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4 folder, open options.ini. Find where it says "uiscale". Change this number to anything between 100 and 200. I suggest 125. Counter intuitively, the larger the number, the smaller the UI elements. This will makes elements in CAS smaller and allow extra columns to appear properly.

ive removed the 4 columns flavor from my game after so many bugs with swatches not showing up. im def gonna try this!
Test Subject
#416 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:32 PM
will you be doing a new version for the December update?
Lab Assistant
#417 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KirstyLouisee95
will you be doing a new version for the December update?

Did you have problems with this mod? I have played yesterday and for me it works just fine with all of the latest patches!
Test Subject
#418 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:55 AM
I have the latest patch plus the Cats & Dogs Expansion and this mod works perfectly. Thank you!
Test Subject
#419 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 11:55 PM
Default resoluton
i am wondering what resoultuion is recommended in order to see all top tabs in CAS the only one not showing for me is swimwear thanks in advance love your work!
Test Subject
#420 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 8:52 PM
Would you by any chance be able to fix the issue when you're looking at something at the bottom of the list, say it has 30 swatches, but half of them get cut off and put below the bottom of your screen so you can't see nor select those other swatches?
Test Subject
#421 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:59 AM
does this work for v1.37.35
Test Subject
#422 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chisomiscool
does this work for v1.37.35
YUP! Just tried it. It does.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#423 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:08 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#424 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:12 PM
Default Help
In my game the columns go off the screen and are much too wide. It also pushes the swimwear outfit off so I can't click the icon and make swimwear for my sims. If anyone knows what to do, please HEEEEEELLLLP.
Field Researcher
#425 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangerSim
In my game the columns go off the screen and are much too wide. It also pushes the swimwear outfit off so I can't click the icon and make swimwear for my sims. If anyone knows what to do, please HEEEEEELLLLP.

That has to do with your screen resolution size than it does the mod. The mod works perfectly fine without pushing things off the screen.

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Page 17 of 31