Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Age/Story Progression glitch and Save Sim to Bin glitch
Hi yall!

Haven't been on here in quite some time. College is extremely time consuming. Anyways, I have a few problems with my Sims 3. I have the Base game and Into the Future. I have plenty of just basic CC (hair, objects, patterns) but NO mods.

I was playing one legacy family for quite some time with story progression off, and then i went and made a new family. I went and played them for quite some time, and when I exited to the neighborhood, my first legacy family had all aged and some had died. I really don't have very many sims in the world so I didn't notice if any others were affected. Anyways, I went to choose the first legacy household to see the damage of this age progression, but every time I click on their house, the game just freezes. Indefinitely. Music still plays, but the HUD/GUI goes away and nothing happens. I've left my PC on that screen for multiple hours and still nothing. I just find it odd because I know for a fact that I did not turn age progression on, so I don't know what happened.

I also have a problem with my sims in the new family. Every time I go into Create a Sim while in gameplay to save them to the Sim Bin, they...just don't appear in the Sim Bin, even when I go to create a new family. I've tried saving them several times and it never gives me an error or anything of the like, but they just...never show up. I just decided to poke around a bit in the Saved Sims folder and there's three copies of one of the sims, so I know it saved, but I just can't see it in game, so I can't select them when I make a new family.

I just got S3PE thinking I could somehow fix it (like you could with S2PE) but I'm...very lost with it and honestly don't want to use it if I don't have to.

I've had a lot of issues with this copy of Sims 3, to be honest. I bought a hard copy the day it launched and after dancing with EA for 2 years, I gave it up. I recently reinstalled it about a year ago and none of my previous issues are back, but these new ones are just as perplexing.

Thanks in advance!
Elizabeth
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 4:41 PM
Where you said this is hard copy (disc) install of the game, have you patched it up to 1.67? Unpatched games will tend to be much more unreliable. Even if the Launcher says you are on 1.67 and current, you may want to force the SuperPatcher to run as that tends to fix a lot of issues that non-existent or seemingly complete but not really so patch jobs tend to provide.
https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/the-...3-super-patcher

I've always found the sim bin in CAS to be fussy. Often I have to filter to user-created sims to see mine even though they should show up alongside the others unfiltered or by selecting gender and age.

There is no control at all over inactive sims in a modless games with or without aging and story progression on, though note these are two different settings in Game Options. It's more common to find inactives have been emigrated out of town (therefore out of the game, sometimes referred to as "culling") than been subjected to unwanted aging and death, but none of these would be surprising. The game out of the box is just not well-suited for active household switching even though all the functionality is there. EA's philosophy for TS3 seems to be that inactives exist solely for the convenience and amusement of the active household and are expendable. Again with the emigration, some of this is probably not intended but when the game "thinks," often incorrectly, that your town is over-populated it will keep removing sims from it in a misguided effort to protect gameplay.

This is why modded forms of story progression and other mods that protect the world around your sims are so popular. I hear those from the NRaas collection have quite a following ( ) as does our less customizable but friendly "competitor" known as AwesomeMod.