Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 8:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Mods don't work....
I did all steps right, again and again, but i can't use them in the game!!!! the only mod that works is "no intro" .... what's wrong with me people?!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 10:29 PM
Any number of things could be wrong. Could you give us more details?
What type of mods don't work? Are they in the right place inside your Mods folder? Are they compatible with your patch level?

If the No Intro mod (that came with the framework from there) works, then I want to assume that you have set your Mods folder right.
But maybe you could also provide us with a screenshot of it, just to be on the safe side? And this way, we could first make sure everything is where it should be?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss
What type of mods don't work? Are they in the right place inside your Mods folder? Are they compatible with your patch level?

If the No Intro mod (that came with the framework from there) works, then I want to assume that you have set your Mods folder right.
But maybe you could also provide us with a screenshot of it, just to be on the safe side? And this way, we could first make sure everything is where it should be?

here is my screenshot!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blyss

Thank you for your time.. I'm trying to be kind but I don't speek english so... forgive me ! :/
I download mods and i unzip them into that folder that you saw on screenshot.. Then I open the sims 3 and I had nothing....My patch level is compatible... What else do you need to know so you can help me? Thank you again and sorry If my english s@cks .. :D
Instructor
#5 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 6:35 PM
No wonder it doesn't work, you have to put your Mods folder in your TS3 Documents folder;

C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\..

not;

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\.. (as in your screenshot)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
No wonder it doesn't work, you have to put your Mods folder in your TS3 Documents folder;

C:\Users\<YourName>\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\..

not;

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3\.. (as in your screenshot)

Ok now I feel stupid... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :D
Inventor
#7 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:32 PM
Careful about having blank spaces and/or special characters like square brackets, etc. It will slow down your game if you have many files with special characters or spaces. "-" and "_" are OK. I actually tested this in my niece's PC. She had around 500 files and it took around 5 minutes to load a savegame. After bulk renaming these files to delete all special characters, it takes less than 3 minutes. One file won't make a difference, but be careful.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Careful about having blank spaces and/or special characters like square brackets, etc. It will slow down your game if you have many files with special characters or spaces. "-" and "_" are OK. I actually tested this in my niece's PC. She had around 500 files and it took around 5 minutes to load a savegame. After bulk renaming these files to delete all special characters, it takes less than 3 minutes. One file won't make a difference, but be careful.

thank you for your advice !