Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:24 PM Last edited by snowynix : 26th Sep 2017 at 10:23 AM.
<SOLVED> Default skin replacements not showing up in-game, only in CAS.
I was being annoyed by the censor mosaic in TS3, so I downloaded NRAAS Decensor and then, so as to avoid my sims looking like barbie dolls, I downloaded HystericalParoxysm's nude skin mod (a default skin replacement) from SXS2 and plopped it in my Packages folder, deleted my sim compositor cache file and everything, just how it said in the thread. I was met with a peculiar situation, all my other mods worked like nothing was wrong, but this skin just didn't show up. After several google searches, several deleted sim compositor caches, and even downloading a different nude skin mod (CmarNYC's EA nude skin mod), I confirmed that all my other mods work, but it's just these default skin replacement that don't.

But then I opened CAS (Stylist in NRAAS) and found that my nude skin does, in fact, show up - but only in CAS. Not in-game. So, anyone got any idea why?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:27 PM
If it is pre-made Sims you're looking at or Sims you added to a world before you got the skin then this is quite normal. Especially pre-mades tend to keep their initial default skin for most outfits and often the new skin only applies to those outfits they haven't worn before you installed the skin but will show on those previously unworn outfits if you force them to change outfits.
One way to fix this is rather time consuming: take every single Sim into CAS. But maybe somebody else knows some easier solution.
Site Helper
#3 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 10:48 PM
If you have Supernatural you can put a few magic Mirrors on Community lots, and several of the visiting sims will all take themselves into CAS when they get a Magic Makeover from it, thus reducing the number you have to do on your own.

Although this probably isn't a lot of help.

Dresser by NRAAS might solve the problem of getting the entire town into CAS. Tell it to add an accessory to everyone in town, and then take sims into CAS when you see one wearing something totally inappropriate for them. (Like Pappy Wolff wearing pink glass fairy wings, or the town gigolo wearing Clark Kent birth-control glasses.)

And this may not help, either. It just struck me as a way to get them into an outfit they've never worn before.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:22 AM
Thanks, this actually helped me. I don't really care about the rest of the town - thankfully, this is a very fresh game and I've only created two sims. Took them both into CAS with testingcheatsenabled and it worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch!