Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:54 AM Last edited by featherkeys : 26th Nov 2017 at 6:10 PM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [Solved] Moving house affecting Gold Digger LTW?
Why does moving households affect the way the Gold Digger LTW completes? I mean moving a family using the game's Edit Town options. My sim can complete his LTW as long as I don't move his household first. For story purposes, I wanted my sims to have a quick private wedding and skip town via the sim library, then have an "accident" in their new town. The LTW doesn't complete in the new town, and actually won't complete in the previous town if I move them around at all. It doesn't matter if it's out and back onto the same lot, something seems to break in the actual eviction.

The game recognizes my sims as rich. I switched households to verify/learn this trait. The game recognizes my sims as married. The relationship icon and text are correct for both sims, and husband gets a cheater reputation if he flirts in public even when his wife is dead. I've kept the wife's urn around for hauntings but the husband has a normal reaction to the ghost without completing the LTW. I've tested with and without mods. Anything else I could try to make sure my sims meet the requirements? Any other thoughts on the issue? I could cheat it fixed but the mystery is driving me batty.

More or less solved.

Some testing scenarios below with results. Does LTW complete? Y/N
  • Married sims move within the town via Edit Town: No, must divorce and remarry sims
  • Married sims move within the town via Phone: Yes
  • Married sims move to different town via Edit Town: No, must divorce and remarry sims
  • Married sims move to different town via Phone: No, must divorce and remarry sims
  • Rich Gold Digger marries poor Sim, then moves them in: No
  • Rich Gold Digger moves in poor Sim, then marries Sim: Yes
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 8:57 AM
Isn't it because they were already married when you started a new neighborhood with them in it? I mean, perhaps not the moving itself broke it, but for the LTW fulfilled, within the same Save, you need the single sim first with the LTW, then they marry, and then their partner dies, might be the right order. But - if I understand well - you started a new neighborhood and added your couple to the town as a married one already from the Library, so in your current Save, they were never singles before. - Just a tip, not a sure answer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:42 PM
Thanks Flora, I didn't think of that. I'll give it another go and report back.