Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default S3 Package Editor Help: Changing Gender and Age Categories for Parts
Good evening.

Before I begin, I will provide a little background with the issue at hand.

I enjoy disabling the Filters for Everyday Clothes, that I may have my Sims wear anything I wish for their common outfit. The problem is that it enables nudity as well, which I am fanatically against seeing in my game. I recently discovered the Blacklist feature, and have since right-clicked scores of items out, including the nudes. All of this worked well.

However, I had realized one of the Sims I installed had corrupted package content.

1. I saw a maternity outfit (boobs included) on a male, Teen Sim. Clicking any outfit on the list fixed this instantly.

2. A female Sim ends up nude in Formal, Athletic, and other such Outfits. Choosing any top or bottom (etc.) immediately corrects it.

3. Horrendous, nightmarish mutants have spawned due to clothing glitches since the Blacklist and No Everyday Filter worked in tandem. I've seen demon babies because the game tries to put a top and bottom on an infant Sim as opposed to the SINGLE outfit they are capable of wearing. I've seen demon toddlers as well.

4. The same maternity top as the mother Sim, for some reason, has appeared on multiple offspring in every stage, resulting, as stated in point three, in horrible mutants.

After working through my files and seeking help on NRAAS (which I initially believed was the source of my mistakes), I narrowed it down to a heavilly modified version of a Sim named "Elspeth Cook".

I uses "Sims III Package Editor" to extract the files, and I immediately recognized the problem. There were multiple Accessories, Clothing, and other CAS Parts that were causing the glitch. Why? It's because they were listed for EVERY age, BOTH genders, and EVERY category. I now know exactly what needs to be done to fix all of this, but I don't know how to edit the package in the Text Editor. I chose "Notepad Plus Plus" for my work.

This is what I want to do:

1. I want to change all packages with the CAS glitch from all ages and both sexes to Teen/YA/Adult females. On some, I also want to include Elders.

2. I want to make some items Invalid For Random.

Also, if I delete some of the constituent Packages (such as glitched "nude" items), will it screw up the Sim, or will the game replace it with proxies like it does Store content or lots that you don't own?

Thank you for any assistance.
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:45 PM
Here is an example of a glitched item:
Unknown1: afCostumeMakeUpFeline
SortPriority: 0.0000
Unknown2: 0x00
Clothing: 0x00000015 (Makeup)
DataType: 0x00000004 (FaceOverlay)
AgeGender: { Age: 0x7F (Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, YoungAdult, Adult, Elder); Species: 0x00 (None); Gender: 0x03 (Male, Female); Handedness: 0x00 (0) }
ClothingCategory: 0x0020013F (Naked, Everyday, Formalwear, Sleepwear, Swimwear, Athletic, Career, ValidForRandom)

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!