Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:16 PM Last edited by SY_89 : 28th Nov 2017 at 5:57 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Kitchen Counter Texture/Graphic/Jagged Glitch
Hi everyone!

I have been experiencing this annoying counter glitch. I don't really know what to call it. (searching the internet for a few weeks now and couldn't find a fix)
It only happens with the Custom Counters. They were fine before but apparently I did something to mess it up. It happens when I connect the counters to the corner.

Two things I did I'm guessing caused this to happen:

- I had turned my .dbc files into .package files and added them in CCMagic which I always use for CC. (Deleted all of them, glitch still happening)
- I decrapified all my cc

I recently made a Youtube tutorial on how to fix this with Nraas Debug Enabler but it's an extra step you have to take. I'd rather just have them act normal in the first place.

Can anyone help me
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:31 AM
This is why counters are on the list of things best left as sims3packs....

IIRC using the CAST tool on (all of) them can also usually fix it. But again, it's another step.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
This is why counters are on the list of things best left as sims3packs....

IIRC using the CAST tool on (all of) them can also usually fix it. But again, it's another step.

Yeah I’ve read this before. What I don’t understand though is that they have always been working fine, even installing them through ccmagic so I wonder where the problem is exactly.. what did it alter to make this happen..
Site Helper
#4 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:31 PM
I am not a technical expert, but decrapifying a file turns it into a new file, so if you did that after you installed it with CC Magic you could easily have broken the counters. Or you could have installed another counter or something that reminded the old ones that they were "supposed" to be broken. (Not likely, but with this game and its inexplicable interdependencies I wouldn't rule anything completely out.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook