Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Steampunk Ahoy!

by ninotchka Posted 25th Jul 2010 at 1:29 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2010 at 2:38 AM by ninotchka : Replacing rar file with 7zip file for MAC users

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 7:49 PM
This is awesome. One question how did you get the ballon in the air mine is just sitting on the ground.
Scholar
#77 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:42 PM
You've now got me convinced to buy Infinite BioShock :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
#78 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:07 PM
FINALLY!!! A earth base for my Dr. Who sim. It's the first one I've found that suits! Thanks for another awesome lot!
Test Subject
#79 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:33 AM
Wah!! So cool! I want to download it T-T
Test Subject
#80 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 2:19 AM
Very Nice...

by playKIMSIM TS3 ~ Creations at: http://www.playkimsim.com
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:19 AM
There are a lot of nice sim houses but this is simply the most beautiful and awesome sim house ever. Even if they couldn't live in it, it would any neighbourhood look prettier and be worthy of downloading for that alone. Thank you so much for sharing. Lovely!
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 10:49 AM
Oh my goodness this is so being downloaded once I get Ambitions. Beautiful work, I'm in love.
Test Subject
#83 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:41 AM
This remind me of Howls moving castle! ^_^
Test Subject
#84 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:31 PM
Wonderful! I don't own ambitions yet, but I am so looking forward to bring that house into my game. Heck, I'd even like to live there in real life *laugh* - but at least my sim can, as soon as I get the expansion pack. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:43 PM
This is neat! Where is the top image from? Also, do I need to buy the items from the sims store for this to work?
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 6:21 PM
I just heart this house, and downloaded it immediantly! But, sadly, my Mac won't support .rar files, only .zip files. Would it be possible to get it in .zip format?
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 9:05 PM
O...M...G...
Overwhelmed and speechles...
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:32 AM
i absolutely love this!! there is not nearly enough steampunky goodness going around the sims! This is just Perfect! I can't wait to use it!
Test Subject
#89 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 2:21 PM
This is such a unique house! Great job, ninotchka.

Peace, Love, Happiness.
Test Subject
#90 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karobb
I just heart this house, and downloaded it immediantly! But, sadly, my Mac won't support .rar files, only .zip files. Would it be possible to get it in .zip format?

I feel your pain, my computer is the same way. Windows only supports zip. files.

Peace, Love, Happiness.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 5:33 AM Last edited by skarecro : 8th Oct 2010 at 3:46 PM.
Excellent design.

The Air Balloon is not included in your down load.

What makes you think anyone knows what an "Organ trompette" is?
I down loaded the file "Modular Organ.rar" The file contained 30 packages.
Not one of those packages are named "Organ trompette".
Please help.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 3:55 AM
Whoa this is just brilliant. i was really blown away when i was looking through the pics! This is one of the most impressive Sims 3 builds i have seen for a long time. Abso fab!
Instructor
Original Poster
#93 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 2:07 AM Last edited by ninotchka : 14th Oct 2010 at 2:41 AM.
Thanks for the great feedback guys

Darktangent: The lot will install without the store items and replace them with default items from the game.

Karobb: I have replaced the rar file with a 7zip file which I will do from now on - sorry for the delay.

Popcorn2: If you install the hot air balloon first before you install the lot, it should show up where I positioned it. Otherwise you could build two story box using the walls, use the moveobjects on cheat to position the hot air balloon on top of that box and then use the delete hammer to delete the walls underneath. Then it looks like the balloon is floating about...

Skarecrow: The airballoon shouldn't be included with the lot, I didn't create it and it is not permitted to package cc with a lot - read the MTS guidelines.

I believe they were actually the ones called Chamades - there are four files with this name, and since they all have the same file name within the decor catalogue, just install the four of them. If you install them first, they should show up with the lot as intended.

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Test Subject
#94 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 3:07 AM
I can't get this or any other sims3pack from here to install, why ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#95 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rickman2k
I can't get this or any other sims3pack from here to install, why ?

Why do you post this in this thread?

Why not search the site for an answer to your problem, read the installation instructions here or go to the MTS help section help section and ask there?

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Test Subject
#96 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninotchka
Why do you post this in this thread?

Why not search the site for an answer to your problem, read the installation instructions here or go to the MTS help section help section and ask there?

I had the same problem. Came to re-download this content and StuffIt wouldn't read it . You can get the .7z archive reader here : http://www.7-zip.org/
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 8:47 PM
Ninotchka
Thank you for helping me find those Chamades. I installed the 4 of them. They look so cool on your Steampunk house. I also installed the converted Hot air balloons. However, they look so drab compared to the one in your photo.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:14 PM
you're gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
You know what this reminded me of as SOON as I saw it: HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE!

Quote: Originally posted by dexicola
This remind me of Howls moving castle! ^_^

That's the first thing I thought too. Although I'd love one like Howl's; all leggy and uneven and is moved by a fire demon called Calcifer.
That doesn't mean I don't love this one, though! It's awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 6:06 AM
this is fabulous!
Page 4 of 5