Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
My package installer on my macintosh is NOT working.

title says all. but here's the problem. on my mac, i try to open package installer. for the COMPLETE dumb dumbs, you have to DECOMPRESS the files BEFORE YOU PUT THEM INTO THE DOWNLOADS FILE!!! i tried stuffit expander, but it says its not compressed. now i try package installer, it says it needs 1mb free of space. NOW I HAVE A LOT MORE SPACE ON MY COMPUTER
PLEASE HELP! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 12:48 AM
Calm down. Are you trying to open a .zip or a .rar file? My guess would be a .rar, since macs open .zips by themselves. Maybe Stuffit isn't working for you, so download a different program. I use rarexpander and it works fine. I haven't used any package installers, but my guess is you got that error because it is still compressed, and I'm almost certain they won't touch compressed files. However, you certainly don't NEED to use a package installer at all. It's just as quick to do it yourself without the middleman (so to speak) and will help you track down files that may be conflicting later on. Provided you can get it unzipped, anyway. Try a different program or a different .rar file to see if it's only that one that brings up an error.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
Are you in the right forum? Sounds like you might be talking about sims 2. They have a package installer. And if you're trying to run the game by clicking on the icon on the disk, you'll get that 1MB free space error.