Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#6276 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:55 PM
Apartment Life's message about sub-neighborhoods; it seems Vacation Destinations do not apply to that.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6277 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:53 PM
That kids will slide down the bannister rail while holding dishes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6278 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That kids will slide down the bannister rail while holding dishes.

That's an accident waiting to happen!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6279 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:08 PM
I know right. Smashed plates everywhere.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6280 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:07 AM
I once had a teenager slide down the bannister while holding an infant. I was too astounded to get a screenshot, and then I couldn't replicate it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#6281 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:58 AM
I discovered that when eating Chinese food, Sloppy Sims will empty the whole box into their mouth instead of eating it with chopsticks. Still takes just as long, though lol.
Inventor
#6282 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:07 AM
Today I discovered that Young Adults don't put on their work clothes when the carpool arrives :0. I'm using @Lamare's Let me check my schedule mod and it's great

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
just a girl
#6283 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Today I discovered that Young Adults don't put on their work clothes when the carpool arrives :0.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I forgot to see if I can do something about it. Might be a lack of age flag in the outfits, might be something simpler to fix.
Test Subject
#6284 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 3:12 PM
1. Sometimes after a date you can gain a cleaning skill point as a reward

2. When a dorm cook dies, a new cook doesn't show up. I waited for several days, no one came
Forum Resident
#6285 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:15 PM
Sims at University can roll wants to 'Be Tutor' and tutor other sims for money! I'm sure this is in here somewhere already, but I've never seen it happen before.
Mad Poster
#6286 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:36 PM
The game should regenerate a new dorm cook. Unless you have No Townie Regen.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#6287 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The game should regenerate a new dorm cook. Unless you have No Townie Regen.

Hmm, that's strange. I don't have no townie regen, so I don't know why a new cook didn't come then
Mad Poster
#6288 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 7:37 PM
The antirespawn mod for NPCs is antiredundancy not notownieregen. If you only have one dorm cook in your game and he/she died, the game should have respawned a replacement anyway, even with antiredundancy in your game. If you have more than one dorm cook in your game (the Maxis default is to have three of them), the game should have selected one of the remaining cooks and summoned that NPC to the dorm.

I sometimes have a similar problem after installing a mod that causes lot resets. The dorm cook will think it's a lot visitor and eventually leave the dorm never to return. What I usually do in that situation is to use the batbox to Nuke > Scenario Controller and Nuke > Sim Schedulers. This only works if done before the cook leaves though, so I don't know if it would help in your situation.

Have you tried playing a different dorm to see if it has the same problem? If it is only one dorm that's having the problem, you may have to evict your playables and move them back in. This will usually reset the lot and its NPCs back to normal.
Mad Poster
#6289 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 8:00 PM
Sometimes it helps to delete the stove, go to live mode, then go back to buy mode to replace the stove. This wasn't following a death though but rather the dorm cook forgetting she's an NPC and leaving like a guest does.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6290 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I forgot to see if I can do something about it. Might be a lack of age flag in the outfits, might be something simpler to fix.

Yeah I took a quick look in SimPE and the career outfits are set to 08. Maybe it's possible I can edit them to 48 to see if it works

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
just a girl
#6291 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 11:29 PM
If you do, post your discoveries
Lab Assistant
#6292 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:23 AM
I discovered that Great-Grandparents have no memory of their Great-Grandchild being born and are not connected on their family tree!!! I was surprised by that. I guess they thought no Sim would live that long.
Mad Poster
#6293 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 1:18 AM
Hmm, maybe I should figure out how to create a "Great-Grandchild was born" memory to go along with my extended family hack. I guess it could reuse the graphic from the grandchild memory, maybe?
Mad Poster
#6294 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:58 AM
I wish there was a want for "Get a Great-Grandchild." It's weird that Maxis didn't even consider the possibility, especially since there isn't any sort of story progression so in theory you could have an infinite number of descendants (I say in theory because I don't believe splitting up households was possible until Uni or NL).

Inventor
#6295 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:13 AM Last edited by Primavera : 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:31 AM.
If you do, post your discoveries

And I'm back. I made the ambodysecurity outfit 48 and tested it out in SSU. My test sim went and returned from work as normal, but he didn't change into the security outfit. Looks like the ambodysecurity is missing the Product and Version flags, which I read can enable outfits for YA here by hat-plays-sims. Gonna try and see if this will work.

EDIT: well SimPE gave me a warning pop-up saying that changes cannot be saved, so I took it as a sign to stop before going any further . I'll probably put in Squinge's 'always wear casual to work' mod to make things match

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6296 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:10 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I wish there was a want for "Get a Great-Grandchild." It's weird that Maxis didn't even consider the possibility, especially since there isn't any sort of story progression so in theory you could have an infinite number of descendants (I say in theory because I don't believe splitting up households was possible until Uni or NL).

I'm not sure it is possible to add new wants or change the triggers for wants to appear (other than restricting or unrestricting the situations in which certain wants *can* appear). I think this is handled in some XML resources rather than in objects.package, but those resources may not be loaded at runtime, and may just be residue of some process that EA used to set things up in the first place. I remember seeing an old post, maybe it was here, where Pescado was discussing the possibility of changing want triggers, in which he said he was working a hack called moarfight.package that changed them. I found moarfight.package on his site, but not in the collection of officially released hacks, and installed it to see if it would cause my sims to roll more wants to fight each other or something, but it seems to do nothing. At the time I was trying to find out if it was possible to have non-knowledge sims roll wants to become supernatural creatures. I did ask on MATY, but I never received an answer.

Edit: I misremembered some things, but the thread is here: http://modthesims.info/t/270812 Long story short, it is possible that moarfight.package actually does do something, but adding new wants is not practical because you cannot add custom texts for them.
just a girl
#6297 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
EDIT: well SimPE gave me a warning pop-up saying that changes cannot be saved,

Interesting!

Quote:
adding new wants is not practical because you cannot add custom texts for them.

I remember trying to add new lifetime wants. Failed miserably. I think I tried to overwrite the whole Wants file. When it didn't crash my game it didn't do anything. (Just rambling.)
Theorist
#6298 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:11 PM
Sims has sucked up most of my life since 2004...then again, it's my therapy, so it's all good.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#6299 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:03 PM
Interesting!

I remember trying to add new lifetime wants. Failed miserably. I think I tried to overwrite the whole Wants file. When it didn't crash my game it didn't do anything. (Just rambling.)

Oh, well, new LTWs have been done. There's a Pescado mod that adds LTWs for University careers, which does involve overwriting a wants file. You can also overwrite the same file to change the numbers of things you have to do for the LTWs, which I've done, and I've seen other modders' versions of the same thing. But LTWs are special.
just a girl
#6300 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:17 PM
Were they new, though? The LTWs? Or has he unlocked the existing ones that were disabled or something like that?
Page 252 of 442