Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 6:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, University Life
Default Sims disappearing and ErrorTraps notifications?
Hi. I have Sims 3 + Ambitions + Generations + Late Night + Pets + University Life.
It's a clean install from 0. PC was formatted yesterday.

I installed this mods: Overwatch, ErrorTraps and Story Progression. It's my first time using this mods, I know little about them, just the basics.
I also used the 4GB Patch on my TS3W.exe

Now, I have this two problems:
- When I started playing with my Sim I got a lot of ErrorTraps notifications... Why is this? It's a clean install, new game, new town, new Sim... and I'm already getting errors? Is this something normal with ErrorTraps?
- My Sim was socializing with another Sim, and suddenly they both disappeared from the place. My Sim appeared at home, and the other Sim wasn't listed in her friendlist, as if they've never met, they forgot each other :\ ... I had to search for him all over the town to meet him again.

Is this caused by the mods or am I doing something wrong? The sims disappearing and forgetting about each other never happened to me until now.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 7:38 PM
I used Errortrap only one time recently: while my architect was taking a job i got error notification and she disappeared only to show up at home, where 2 of the 4 daughters of the family vanished.
De-installed errortrap immediately.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 7:39 PM
Are those the only mods you have installed? It sounds like a mod issue. Are you sure you got the correct version of the mods? It can be easy to get the wrong version of the mod on the Nraas site. I have used all the Nraas mods for years and never had problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I used Errortrap only one time recently: while my architect was taking a job i got error notification and she disappeared only to show up at home, where 2 of the 4 daughters of the family vanished.

Seems like the same problem, except from family members vanishing... oh my :\ I hope that doesn't happen to me.

Quote: Originally posted by Persian
Are those the only mods you have installed? It sounds like a mod issue. Are you sure you got the correct version of the mods? It can be easy to get the wrong version of the mod on the Nraas site. I have used all the Nraas mods for years and never had problems.

I have the skintone "ESkin-nAtural+" http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=493687 (non-default) and 9 hairstyles, nothing more.
And yes, the mods version are correct, I checked that.

Do you guys use the 4GB Patch too?

Thanks for replying btw
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alerie
Hi. I have Sims 3 + Ambitions + Generations + Late Night + Pets + University Life.
It's a clean install from 0. PC was formatted yesterday.
I installed this mods: Overwatch, ErrorTraps and Story Progression. It's my first time using this mods, I know little about them, just the basics.I also used the 4GB Patch on my TS3W.exc
Now, I have this two problems:
- When I started playing with my Sim I got a lot of ErrorTraps notifications... Why is this? It's a clean install, new game, new town, new Sim... and I'm already getting errors? Is this something normal with ErrorTraps?
- My Sim was socializing with another Sim, and suddenly they both disappeared from the place. My Sim appeared at home, and the other Sim wasn't listed in her friendlist, as if they've never met, they forgot each other :\ ... I had to search for him all over the town to meet him again.
Is this caused by the mods or am I doing something wrong? The sims disappearing and forgetting about each other never happened to me until now. Thank you.

Error Traps purview is save-game cleanup and error reporting. It is unlikely it would make your sims disappear.
You mentioned you were using a clean folder game. When you started this game did you just restart a new game and then move folders from your original game into the new game without checking for conflicts or bad content?
Are you using Nraas Overwatch ?

Please consider uploading your script errors over at NRaas where the mod lives and the Developer and other members experienced with the mods can read them. It is more than likely they will be able to tell you what is causing your problem and help you fix it. Registration is needed but it's quick and easy see Becoming A Member On This Page and for uploading your script errors: See the Section How Do I Upload.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana

Sorry to hear you had problems with your game. Error Trap and Overwatch are really "must haves" to keep a clean game. In addition to error reporting, they clean up junk in the game, unused items and tons of other things that cause conflicts and/or eventually bloat a game creating lag. Having script errors read over at NRaas could have told you what caused your sims problems in the game. Sometimes errors can go on too long undetected and eventually corrupt the entire game. You might want to consider giving ET more than one try
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 1:11 AM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Feb 2016 at 1:33 AM.
I will add to what my feline colleague has said that when one first introduces ErrorTrap to a game that was already in progress, it is not unusual for some sims to reset either right away or soon thereafter, but just once. Depends on the state of their data at the time. Can also happen when you update ET to a new version. It does try to be gentle but it is a core mod, after all.

Having them disappear out of the game completely and not even have a relationship with your sims anymore is not at all typical and should never really happen unless something else was wrong. I've already responded to the OP on the EA forum post earlier today; hopefully they will make their way to NRaas and upload some of these script logs so we can help see what's going on.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is the 4 GB patch?

ETA:
Okay, I found the 4 GB patch. It is not needed if you are caught up on EA's patches. TS3 has been Large Address Aware (LAA) on Windows and able to use up to 4 GB on Windows ever since Patch 1.17 with no player involvement or extra steps necessary provided you have enough RAM to work with.