Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 11:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Teen Sim Not Aging Up
I have a serious issue with one sim in game, a teen that won't age. I am using several Nraas mods, and Awesomemod. If I trigger age transition using Mastercontroller, or testingcheatsenabled, the camera will zoom in, he will cheer for a second then it drops from his queue, and birthday cakes don't work either. At this point, I usually try resetting using Mastercontroller, and the sim's genetics get re-rolled. Which is distressing, but even after that, trigger age transition is still a no go. Weirdly, after a failed transition, edit sim in CAS doesn't appear on MC menu at all; however, I have managed to get him to an adult using edit in CAS, but I know that's not recommended (and of course, he looks totally different).

If I just leave Overwatch to try and deal with him, he disappears every night and has to be recovered by using Overwatch/immediate commands. The in game clock stops when this happens, although time is still passing. He is the only one affected, other sims are aging just fine. One of his parents is a University sim I added to my household when I was in University neighborhood (using MC), but his brother and sister age properly, so I don't know if that's the issue. Using Awesomemod's fixall command doesn't clear the problem. I've also tried using the family's computer to move to a different house, although I haven't tried moving them using edit town.

He will also throw random script errors, disappear from the portrait panel for a moment and then is added back. The last 2 errors were "System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required" referencing outfits, but I've redressed him in all base game clothing, and this still occurs. I know with all the references to the Nraas suite I perhaps should have posted there, but the issue isn't directly concerning the mods, so I wasn't sure. I hope this is an appropriate place to post. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 12:37 AM
Well yes, that's one way. I still suspect a bad outfit or outfit assignment from what has been described, possibly one of the categories that cannot be reached by whichever version of CAS or its subsets that you were able to bring him into. If you bring us the script logs at NRaas and have some patience, we might be able to work through which outfit(s) it might be. Maybe.

But sometimes for the sake of sanity we do have to give up and declare the sim corrupt. You could try reverting to an earlier game save and hope to avert whatever caused this along the way. Or while there you could make a template out this sim in CAS (a saved sim, I mean) and apply that to the more current one. That's essentially replacing the sim with another who looks the same, but might be worth a go.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:43 PM
Check the other male teens in your town, if they can't age up either then it's a conflict in your adult male cc.

Had the same issue recently but with female teens, eventually tracked mine down to a conflict being caused by adult female default replacement meshes.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:17 PM
Try this:

If a sim has unfinished homework in the inventory, finish this before age-up (applies to children and teens).
Make sure the sim is wearing everyday outfit before age-up.
If several sims have age-up pending, finish one at a time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:53 PM
Thanks for the replies! I did finally just decide to TA him, poor simmie. He was just so messed up for some reason, even MC threw an error when checking his skills. I will definitely keep an eye on the other male teens in town; I get so nervous now when anyone ages up, lol. At least he wasn't in my main household, but he was a cousin!

And he didn't have any homework in his inventory, I guess that was from Overwatch resetting him, but I definitely did try making sure he was in everyday clothes before aging and sadly, no dice. Now, if none if my boys can grow up, I'll have to dig deeper but atm it's all good. RIP Phoenix, your memory will live on, although technically you never existed...
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jdewdrop
I did finally just decide to TA him, poor simmie. He was just so messed up for some reason, even MC threw an error when checking his skills. ...

Sorry for the loss of your sim. After reading your description I began imagining the colours and sparks from what should eventually become his tombstone.