Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Port Jones (Map Only)

by Krrank Posted 15th Oct 2010 at 2:38 PM - Updated 30th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by Krrank : Renaming Post

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mad2dend
hi selty,
well, give me a few days. I'm putting something together.
Cheers.

Great news, thanks! I was having trouble finding+converting buildings with all the uncommon lot sizes (I am not much of a constructor/architect heh.)

Can't wait! :lovestruc

Sowoneul Malhaebwa.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
You need CAW to install it. Sorry if my wording confuse anyone, but I was stating since I don't use CAW, I can't install the world. Thus, I can't play it.

Seriously???? UGH! Well, guess I pass on this one then Bummer.

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 3:03 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:29 PM
Thanks for the hard work ,looks great
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 3:52 PM
First, thank you for sharing your lovely world with us. Second, now that I've read the comments I find myself wondering if I CAN install this world at all. I do not have and do not want CAW, so I am grateful you added the sim3packs. But, if there are no buildings AT ALL, that seems too much work for a simpleton like me, who just wants a new world to play in without having to put vast amounts of effort into it. Guess I'll wait a few days and check back to see if there's a new version for dummies like me.
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 4:14 PM
I love your creation!!! Congratulations
And working perfectly in my game!!
Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 9:47 PM
This is an awesome island. I think I'll download it. Really great!
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 11:53 PM
hi, it's a MAP ONLY world upload. If you have problem putting your lots, don't worry. A simple trick is to borrow the rabbit holes and community lots from the other default maps. Just save them to bin and place in the world. if you look at the Picture attachment on the overview tab called 'lot places", which you can also download, i have labeled the plots for you to ensure easy placement. the names of the lots are in the readme basic file.

finally, you may have to wait for the full version, if you prefer.

Sorry... :D

Hi.
First of all, congrats for this beautiful world, I´ve downloaded it and it works perfectly. But... you say "borrow the rabbit holes and community lots from the other default maps. Just save them to bin and place in the world." My problem is: I dont have a clue how to do this.
Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#34 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lempika
Hi.
First of all, congrats for this beautiful world, I´ve downloaded it and it works perfectly. But... you say "borrow the rabbit holes and community lots from the other default maps. Just save them to bin and place in the world." My problem is: I dont have a clue how to do this.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Lempika! There are two options you can go for:

1. Download Jynx's custom rabbit hole pack here. Tutorial here.
2. Wait for mad2dend to upload a new version of the world with lots included.

Sowoneul Malhaebwa.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 2:17 PM
Thank you Selty.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 1:43 PM
Looks very great! Congratulation!

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 3:50 AM
I wish you would make a version where you could just download it, install it, and play without the CAW (or whatever) that I don't have (nor want lol) ... and then pm me once you do XD
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skywalker195
I wish you would make a version where you could just download it, install it, and play without the CAW (or whatever) that I don't have (nor want lol) ... and then pm me once you do XD

He did.

(No, I am not stalking this page to see updates... not at all! )

Sowoneul Malhaebwa.
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 4:14 PM
Well, actually to "borrow the rabbit holes" is quite easy...

~Go to edit town
~Click on the lot
~Save it to the library
~Input it in your new world

You might want to do it in a new savefile, as it cancels all relationships in you town.

At least that's what I think xD haven't tried it yet, but worked for me with residential lots, so I don't see a reason for it not to work with community lots.

(Uhm I haven't got the english version game sooo... The actions might be called a bit differently.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 7:06 PM
hi all,
I just want to apologise for the delay in releasing a full version of the town, my CAW is having issues and what not, but I haven't abandoned the project. Thanks for your support just the same.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:23 AM
Thanks for putting so much work in this. Question? MUST you have WA to use it? are there terrain paints or trees etc that are from that game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jerin8
Thanks for putting so much work in this. Question? MUST you have WA to use it? are there terrain paints or trees etc that are from that game?

hi hi,
well, i suppose if you DON't have WA, some objects would be replaced. Most likely you won't have the world monuments and the bridges.... so yes, I guess you do need it. But if you are a CAW user, you can download the CAW version and edit it first...?
Truth is, I have WA and Ambitions, so there's a mish mash of objects used, most especially the bridges...and you cannot have a functioning world without those.
Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:41 AM
hi all,
I just want to apologise for the delay in releasing a full version of the town, my CAW is having issues and what not, but I haven't abandoned the project. Thanks for your support just the same.

Can't wait!!!

Sowoneul Malhaebwa.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 7:17 PM
Thank you!!!! It's a great job. I love it
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 8:05 AM
Hi,

I would like to know if with all EP and SP fully updated, your town could work. (1.17.60/2.12.8/3.8.6/4.5.6/5.2.4/6.0.81)

Thanks for your work, even if it is not the case.

Sorry for my English, I'm French ... Nobody is perfect ... (I read you pretty easily but write to you with much more difficult). However I would like to say that French women do not resemble those seen in the Sims ... Alas!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 9:08 PM
I tried to extracted them and it says no files to extract.
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 12:50 AM
emmm I cant open it in CAW >.<
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 12:53 AM
When i install the Sim3pack file, it says that i must verify that my game has the latest version and try again
I have 6.0.81.009017
It says that my game is up to date
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 6:34 PM
@rob hot i got 1.17/2.12/4.56/6.0...it works fine for me

@mousiejean, I'll need to know which files you downloaded to help out

@lololol74, did you follow the instructions on which folder to place the world files? and please download the readme CAW file to more help

Also, usually that means one of your games might not be up to date...it helps to download the patches manually and install them individually. one for each game pack you own.
try this link http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...:Patch_Download
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 2:47 PM
Ugh, I love this world to bits but, it needs WA, the only game I don't want or have! NOOOO!

Is it possible to install it without WA, or will something may go horribly wrong if I do so?

EDIT: Ah, well, now I've seen the WA bridge. I'm sure that's necessary. I guess I'll just admire this world from afar. Thanks for creating it anyway, it's gorgeous. It might motivate me to get WA, even though I'm sure that EP would kill my comp.
Page 2 of 4