Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Port Jones (Map Only)

by Krrank Posted 15th Oct 2010 at 2:38 PM - Updated 30th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by Krrank : Renaming Post

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 10:02 PM
PROJECT PORT JONES (FULL VERSION) - DISCONTINUED.
My apologies to everyone, most especially Selty, who was waiting for a 'furnished' ready-to-play version. I really don't want to upload something sub-standard, and with the new patch and ep, there are so many new build options which i haven't learned to used creatively yet. I suppose I could upload the version I play around with, but it's pretty basic stuff and I'm sure most of us don't want another barnacle bay.
But thanks for all the support and great feedback. Hopefully, when I do upload another world, it will be fully loaded this time. Cheers

@ faceblind, if you're handy with CAW, you could upload that version and edit out the WA stuff, it's pretty much just the bridges and the monuments, maybe some palm trees too.

@everyone else....if someone would like to take up the challenge of making a furnished Port Jones, that'll be great too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 8:13 AM
Hey it's alright I understand Good luck in the future!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 11:51 AM
Can you upload part 4 basic again? The upload link leads to a service error messege
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reang
Can you upload part 4 basic again? The upload link leads to a service error messege

sorry for the late reply, try the link again (if u havent already), it should be perfect.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 2:52 PM
i tried to download the basic version, but when i try to extract the file to my desktop, it says that the file is broken, what should i do now?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iseraqua
i tried to download the basic version, but when i try to extract the file to my desktop, it says that the file is broken, what should i do now?

hi, you must download ALL 4 parts for the file to extract. that is basic part1 to part4. thnks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 10:18 AM
thanks for this. Just noticed that Twallan's custom careers mod don't seem to work on this map. Story progression does though...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 5:46 AM
Wow! This neighborhood looks great once I add all the lots...thank you so much for this
Test Subject
#59 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 7:12 PM
FYI, If you don't have CAW tool, or use a disk to play your game, you can't install this to your game. I get my games as digital downloads so I don't use a disk to play. I tried to install this world because it's gorgeous, but it tells me I need to put in a disk to finish installing. I don't have any use for the CAW tool at this time. Any suggestions?
Theorist
#60 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 6:48 PM
I downloaded the world file and installed it in my game a little while back and after taking an initial look at the world (which I absolutely love the sculpting, terrain, fields of sunflowers, etc.) hastily ran back to retrieve the C-A-W files.

I'm going to post an honest, objective opinion here and I hope not to cause an offense but here goes. There are still fish spawners that are buried way too deeply in the water. It looks to me like these were placed with the grid turned on, which causes this to happen. There are street signs in the strangest places, some of them don't make any sense to the streets. The street lights are placed haphazardly. Some are on sidewalks, some are beside sidewalks; while mainly pointing toward the sidewalks they are angled in strange directions. Mainly there is only one type of tree used except for in special areas. Often, all the trees in a particular area face the same way so they look like carbon copies. Just a simple twist of the mouse makes a wooded area look so much more natural. There are also quite a number of lot tears that are relatively easy to fix.

I've tested many worlds for people and my opinion is that the finished product here is nowhere near ready for playing. I will plod along with doing the edits in C-A-W so eventually I'll be able to play this world. I know how many hours go into building a well-crafted world because I have my own world projects in the making and while this one got off to an absolutely beautiful start, I can't help but think it was abandoned along the way which is really sad for anyone who isn't able to use C-A-W to finish it.
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:19 PM
were any tomb objects placed in strange places...?

I was building a tomb in this world (Which I LOVE by the way), and I placed one of those eyes that transports you to the other eye. Well, when test playing, I clicked on the eye and chose go to right eye. My sim was teleported to the bottom of the ocean. I couldn't move the camera at all. I couldn't get the sim to do ANYTHING.

Eventually I reset the sim and all was ok, but this means I can't use the eyes in my tomb...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:55 AM
Hi misty,
thanks for taking the time to give me such a detailed feedback. I am always happy to learn from good criticism. Alas you are right, there's always more to be modified in world building...one of the reasons i made the CAW files available is to sort of give CAW users a base to work on>>>> sometimes its hard to work on an empty slate, so port jones was not a complete world, although it's still playable. Hopefully the next world i come up with will be more ... well, more
I will be more careful with the spawners in futer>>the grid can be funny...but am learning. Thanks again and feel free to point out anymore finds. sometimes i lose track of what i put in the world, though i try to keep notes.

Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I downloaded the world file and installed it in my game a little while back and after taking an initial look at the world (which I absolutely love the sculpting, terrain, fields of sunflowers, etc.) hastily ran back to retrieve the C-A-W files.

I'm going to post an honest, objective opinion here and I hope not to cause an offense but here goes. There are still fish spawners that are buried way too deeply in the water. It looks to me like these were placed with the grid turned on, which causes this to happen. There are street signs in the strangest places, some of them don't make any sense to the streets. The street lights are placed haphazardly. Some are on sidewalks, some are beside sidewalks; while mainly pointing toward the sidewalks they are angled in strange directions. Mainly there is only one type of tree used except for in special areas. Often, all the trees in a particular area face the same way so they look like carbon copies. Just a simple twist of the mouse makes a wooded area look so much more natural. There are also quite a number of lot tears that are relatively easy to fix.

I've tested many worlds for people and my opinion is that the finished product here is nowhere near ready for playing. I will plod along with doing the edits in C-A-W so eventually I'll be able to play this world. I know how many hours go into building a well-crafted world because I have my own world projects in the making and while this one got off to an absolutely beautiful start, I can't help but think it was abandoned along the way which is really sad for anyone who isn't able to use C-A-W to finish it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:58 AM
hi,
i dont think you need CAW to install the Basic version>>> but since i dont own a digital copy of the game,can't say much about that issue. But thanks for the feedback, I'll see what i can find out.

Quote: Originally posted by sexygranny1962
FYI, If you don't have CAW tool, or use a disk to play your game, you can't install this to your game. I get my games as digital downloads so I don't use a disk to play. I tried to install this world because it's gorgeous, but it tells me I need to put in a disk to finish installing. I don't have any use for the CAW tool at this time. Any suggestions?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 9:00 AM
I don't think so....at least am sure i didnt.... I dont know much about tomb making.>>> but u know sims...theres always a conflict somewhere.

Quote: Originally posted by absolutelyabby
were any tomb objects placed in strange places...?

I was building a tomb in this world (Which I LOVE by the way), and I placed one of those eyes that transports you to the other eye. Well, when test playing, I clicked on the eye and chose go to right eye. My sim was teleported to the bottom of the ocean. I couldn't move the camera at all. I couldn't get the sim to do ANYTHING.

Eventually I reset the sim and all was ok, but this means I can't use the eyes in my tomb...
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 9:06 PM
Ok so im trying to download your world to CAW but when i download part one it says i need part two....so how do i do it? do u like place them all in a folder or wat? help plss D:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jess7994
Ok so im trying to download your world to CAW but when i download part one it says i need part two....so how do i do it? do u like place them all in a folder or wat? help plss D:

so sorry for the late reply....been off.

Well for CAW you needto download

"port jones.part1" to "port jones.part4" (4 files).

Put all four files in one folder and unrar or extract.

Download the 'Readme CAW' file for more detailed instructions.

Hope this message isn't too late.

Take Care. :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:00 PM
My caw was broken so now i am just dowloading it as a package hope it works )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 7:34 PM
hello
i'm playing on this map for over a year now and just realised i never said thanks, so thank you for the map. i like it a lot
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kyo-shi
hello
i'm playing on this map for over a year now and just realised i never said thanks, so thank you for the map. i like it a lot

That's the sweetest thing...thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 4:33 AM
Absolutely lovely! I might move my legacy family here. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 4:21 PM
playing on this city now, it is amazing, a loooove it, thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:23 PM
@Raminess and Marcelachata...Thanks so much and you are welcome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 2:36 PM
I can't get it to install, it is in my folder with all my other custom content that is installed and works fine but it just doesn't show up. I'm having the same problem with any worlds I try to install but this is the one I actually want so has anyone got any suggestions? I don't know what I'm doing wrong,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:11 PM
awesomeee thanks sooo much <3 love it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 12:30 PM
COOL MAN THNX
Page 3 of 4