Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Okay, I got a response.

I can reset Llamacake's password easily enough, but I really need him/her to contact me directly to do so. That way I can explain what needs to be done after the reset. As for the others, in theory, I can create accounts for them, but again, I need for them to contact me directly. On the other hand, it's entirely possible Victor has closed new memberships for the time being while he decides whether or not he's going to renew the site when it comes due in January and forgot to tell me. At any rate, tell Llamacake I can still be contacted via PM, or if that doesn't work, I can be sent an email if he/she goes to my Profile Page.
How do I contact them directly?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#227 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:37 AM
It says how directly above. Go to their profile page and send them an email or PM.
Test Subject
#228 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:54 AM
It says how directly above. Go to their profile page and send them an email or PM.
Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!!
Inventor
#229 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:41 AM
Seem to be having the same issue regarding registration. It took my email addy and said an email had been sent, but it hasn't arrived yet. Too bad, just as I decided I wanted to give the alternate pregnancy controllers a go
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#230 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 7:43 AM
Well you can also ask using the method above. Maybe if they have shut down new registrations a lot of interest will make them change their minds.
Field Researcher
#231 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 8:08 AM
Okay, I got a response.

I can reset Llamacake's password easily enough, but I really need him/her to contact me directly to do so. That way I can explain what needs to be done after the reset. As for the others, in theory, I can create accounts for them, but again, I need for them to contact me directly. On the other hand, it's entirely possible Victor has closed new memberships for the time being while he decides whether or not he's going to renew the site when it comes due in January and forgot to tell me. At any rate, tell Llamacake I can still be contacted via PM, or if that doesn't work, I can be sent an email if he/she goes to my Profile Page.

Thanks! Does CH mean to pm him on mts?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#232 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:16 AM
Ah sorry. I'm so used to dealing with him that I forgot that you guys have no idea who I'm talking about. The person to PM is here. http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...3854-Cdpierson5
Field Researcher
#233 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:48 AM
Thanks for the link, Charity.
Inventor
#234 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:39 PM
Ah sorry. I'm so used to dealing with him that I forgot that you guys have no idea who I'm talking about. The person to PM is here. http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...3854-Cdpierson5

Unfortunately, that just leads to a log-in page for me. Ah well, Sharla gets a reprieve from being the first teen mother in my game
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#235 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:02 PM
Ugh. That sucks. I'll try and see if there's another way.
Field Researcher
#236 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 10:28 PM
Ah, I got the same thing :/
Inventor
#237 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:13 PM Last edited by Sketching : 11th Nov 2017 at 5:21 AM. Reason: clarification
So I've decided to test The Globe. I was particularly interested in Visit Other Sims and I didn't have a chance to try the original version. From what I've read from other simmers, the mod makes visiting houses a bit like Sims 3 and 4 and something like visiting apartment neighbors in Sims 2. In TS3 and TS4, I was able to squat in others' houses for days and I enjoyed the nomadic playstyle for some sims. Well, our internet signal's been horrible the past few days so I figured I might as well see it for myself in a essential mods-only game since I can't read the feedback.

A few things I discovered - note that this happened with households that haven't been played before and only using the walk to option so things may be different when played in other neighborhoods:

1) Premade scenarios keep their scripts when you visit certain households. The first thing I did was send Juliette and Hermia over to the Summerdream residence. In a turnaround of events, it was suddenly up to Juliette and Hermia to make the Summerdreams' party a success. Making a visiting Don use the wedding arch at the Goth house will result in Cassandra running away instead. I predicted that but I was hoping Don would run back to his house.
2) In line with the above, when you load a house you visited, you'll find them starting at the time the visiting sim left the house. Don left the Calientes around 3:00 AM and when I loaded their house, it was 3:00 AM as well. The Summerdreams also loaded at the time Juliette and Hermia left and the party had already ended.
3) I don't know if this was a hiccup or whatnot, but I had Dina stay at the Brokes for a few hours and Nina ended up arriving afterwards. Because she wasn't selectable, she ended up suffering a miscarriage; I'm guessing that though she was unselectable, motive protection didn't apply to her. She eventually left the lot on her own later.
4) Save for babies and toddlers, the hosting household can't sleep on their own. If you overstay your welcome, the hosts will constantly be passing out on the floor. I don't know if they'll sleep on their beds if you've previously assigned them to any. I hope they do, but at least they autonomously take care of their other needs.
5) The welcome wagon comes over to new households even if they aren't your own.
6) You'll receive 2 Humble computers if you just started playing the households - one will be given when you visit another house that hasn't received it yet, and again if you load that house for the first time. I wonder if I can get more computers this way.
7) People will call the hosting household's phone looking for your visiting sim. That's not creepy at all.
8) You'll receive notifications intended for the household members, like Darren wondering if he and Beau are still friends and Dustin failing school.
9) From the above then, it seems that relationship decay and work and school performance are taken into account. That's something I need to watch out for.
10) The household ages while you're visiting them (along with your visiting sim) and when someone ages up, they become selectable, yet you can't actually bring them back home. I wonder - if Wait on Community Return is disabled, is it possible to age twice as fast since you can age as a visitor and age up again at home?
11) This might be another hiccup, but if you make a host selectable then unselect them, they could leave the lot out of needs desperation. Also, it seems that if you have a household member who is supposed to be home but is in a host's lot as a nonplayable, they become selectable after unselecting a host. Basically I made Puck selectable and when I made him unselectable, Tybalt became selectable instead at the Summerdream house party. Puck later left the lot out of needs deprivation.
12) Miscarriages can happen to your visiting sim when you're visiting another household. Brandi Broke didn't suffer a miscarriage the entire time so I'm not sure if that affects the hosting household. I didn't get a chance to stay until she could give birth either. Maybe I'll get a Baby Name dialog if that happened.
13) Your carpool will come for you while you're visiting another household.

In short, it seems that visiting other sims makes it as if you're also playing their hosts' household without actually doing so - hence the relationship decays, school/work performance, scripted events, and continuity in terms of time.

I couldn't seem to make Community Time work - they keep coming home at the time they left. It must be conflicting with something else or I'm doing something wrong, but I'm too pooped out from work, testing, and fried snakes to do more testing at the moment. Maybe my brain's not working at a proper capacity anymore and I missed something completely obvious. I'll test it some other time.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#238 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:55 PM
Alright! For those people who can't PM on BAS use the same log in name Cdpierson5 on MTS.

Also, I'd post any troubles you're having with the Globe on BAS. Chris would probably be interested in them.
Mad Poster
#239 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:26 PM
According to PBK:
Quote:
Backalleysims will close soon - in Dec 1st!

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...&p=94674#p94674

Perhaps we can get Chris to finally make the jump to his own file sharing pages on Sims Fileshare or something!

But I would really like to know why (besides some things that don't work very well, like the log in process..).

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#240 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:33 PM
I went to BAS to check it out .. and since it's Adult I'll just copy/paste what is posted

This is from Cdpierson5
Site Closing December 1, 2017
The title pretty much says it all. BAS will be closing up shop on or about December 1, 2017. We've been around, in one form or another, for over ten years, but the decision has been made to finally shut the doors. There are a number of reasons for this, but it's mostly because there are almost no new creations being posted here and the site has become a financial drain on the owners. Over the years, we went from a tiny site that no one knew about to one of the premier sites for Sims custom content. Unfortunately, as the old saying goes, all things must come to an end.

On a personal note, I've been a part of the site, in one capacity or another, since its inception (long before it became Back Alley Sims), so it's not without a little sadness that I make this post. To be perfectly honest, however, Victor, Goldingurl, and I have discussed closing the site a number of times over the last five years, but we felt the needs of the community warranted keeping it open. This is the first time we've all agreed that it's time to move on to other things.

To the friends I've made here (and you know who you are), I hope you'll keep in touch.
Mad Poster
#241 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:34 AM

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#242 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 12:35 AM
Well damn.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#243 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM
@Sketching try traveling a different way, for some reason in my medieval game my sims have to take a taxi or their own wagon, if they walk it doesn't kick in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#244 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:49 AM
Ah, that's too bad about the site closing. I hope Chris Hatch and anyone else who is still creating will make their work available elsewhere.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#245 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 5:51 AM
Yeah. Chris was just coming out with some new stuff. I'll miss the site. My sims are a lot more perverted thanks to it. XD

Unfortunately a lot of sims sites run into money problems now that there are less Sims 2 players to support them. I sometimes wonder if people would be prepared to pay for specific mods to be made. I know I would. Of course after it was made it would have to be available to everyone or you just get the paysite problem. I mean paying for the specific work.
Mad Poster
#246 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:21 AM Last edited by gazania : 14th Nov 2017 at 2:49 PM.
It is always awful to see one of the more well-known sites close. I feel really bad about this, and like others, hope that the downloads could at least be archived somewhere. I would hate to see everything just disappear.

The family-friendly stuff, at least, could be archived on Save the Sims or (should it ever revive ... I'm getting a little nervous here) the Graveyard. I'm not quite sure where the naughtier stuff could go, but I'm sure there would be some place for it. Other creators have left master files of their stuff on OneDrive or other storage providers. And of course, there is SFS.

I suppose I should not have been surprised. Things were pretty quiet over there for some time. Not entirely dead, but quiet. And that site seemed to be constantly dogged by registration woes.

That forum has always had very helpful members. I know it has "that" reputation, but for some reason, this other reputation gets buried. Chris has always tried to help out if I had a problem with any mods.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#247 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:27 AM
A problem I can see is that a couple of the free places - tumblr, blogspot, etc - might shy away from some of the more adult-oriented stuff.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#248 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:31 AM
Thanks, joandsarah77. I'll give it a try.

Would the booty work? It sounds appropriate, at least.
Mad Poster
#249 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 6:47 AM
SexySims or InsimAdult can work as well, but they are pretty quiet, too. There are certain adult Sims 3 and 4 sites, but I don't think they are that interested in Sims 2 stuff.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#250 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:01 AM
Yeah, it sucks it's shutting down, especially since I could use a lot, if not all, of the family friendly mods listed. Like others said, hopefully the stuff will be archived somewhere.
Page 10 of 12