Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4501 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's quite ironic. Neglecting one's health to work as a nurse, lol.

Yo, I'm starting san myshuno project. Will be recreating that map's lots, and If possible - might even recreate the whole mp plotted with those. Might done vanilla and CC editons seperately.

There is a set of vampire-friendly maxis jobs on this site. I don't remember the name of it, but it has vampire friendly in the title.

Wait:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=311610
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310844
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=263536
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=260626

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4502 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 10:54 AM
(I ended up editing the stamps anyway; they're not generic little evergreen trees with no ornaments. After the first 20 or so, lining the new stamp up wasn't even hard, just a bit tedious.)

But anyway...totally new thought for today:
I just now, while trying to find suitable baby names for Sasha Aires' inevitable spawn, got the pun in her surname. Turns out I was pronouncing it wrong: like "Ares," when it's meant to be pronounced more like "heiress."
Edit: Just realized maybe this "random thought" would be more appropriate for the "what did you discover?" thread, though of course it wasn't actually something I discovered while actually playing TS2.
Inventor
#4503 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:30 AM
That moment when you wonder why your sims are suddenly talking in English and discussing the digitalization of humanity and rebuilding the world by placing our brain scans in robots.

And then you realize that you actually left another game running in the background.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4504 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:33 AM Last edited by maxon : 20th Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I just wish I'd noticed the little Christmas tree stamps on the templates before I'd already edited 87 of these things...

I just DL RL life stamp images and shrank them down and stuck them over the Xmas tree - I developed quite a line in faking postmarks.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4505 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:36 AM
Sharon Foss and Jane Harlow, at least in the version of Four Corners I'm playing, are half-sisters; neither one has any memory of getting married, and yet they have different last names. The wiki claims Jane's maiden name is Foss, but I see no evidence of that being the case in game.
Mad Poster
#4506 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:28 AM
Maybe they share a mother and took their fathers' surnames.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#4507 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:09 AM
Speaking of games running in the background, sometimes I'll have Sims 2 and my favorite RTS game, Sins of a Solar Empire, running on my laptop. Although Sins is also a fairly old game that revolves around having many things within a scene, I don't have to worry about RAM or CPU problems. In fact, I sorted out both games into separate cores, and I have five cores left to do whatever other stuff and ting.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Forum Resident
#4508 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 5:01 AM
I figured it was finally time to transfer my Sims folder over to UC since I have it. It's really been a long time coming...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#4509 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 5:58 AM
I just spent about three hours replacing Strangetown and Pleasantview with Tarlia's versions, then making a megahood with Riverblossom Hills, Strangetown and Desiderata Valley added to Pleasantview (with a little help from a Steam FAQ that explained where to find the installation location!).

The daft part is, I don't even want to play it; I just wanted to see how it was done.
Inventor
#4510 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
The daft part is, I don't even want to play it; I just wanted to see how it was done.

FOR SCIENCE.

My random thought: I like how genetics works in this game. As much as I would've liked for some of sims' descendants to suddenly pop up great-great grandmother's nose or whatnot, what we have is great, considering how robust the system is especially for the time it first came out. (Just be careful with parents with strongly contrasting features.)

Samantha Cordial's facial features are so dominant, she has a clone in every generation, even into the 7th. Too bad the Beaker brows aren't strong in my game, but Loki's nose still lives on in his inexplicably 10 points nice descendants, and words can't express how bittersweet it felt to see Titania's facial features continue on 5 generations in (since Titania sacrificed herself to save the supernaturals from extinction ).

(Amusingly this doesn't work in my real life lineage - 10 generations of pictures barely show any common features!)
Mad Poster
#4511 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:19 AM
IrfanView is NOT simple or easy to figure out. Not even close...
Inventor
#4512 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Sketching : 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:24 PM.
My game only accepts Fraps. It's nice but I like options!

Edit: (Someone, tell me it's possible to take bigger pictures with it...)
Mad Poster
#4513 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:29 PM
Bigger than what?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#4514 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:31 PM
I thought I could take bigger pictures than 800 x 600. I like the current size, though I thought it was an option. I see some simmers with HUGE pictures and I poked around using their suggestions, but apparently it doesn't work with Windows 8.1.
Instructor
#4515 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:39 PM
What's your game's resolution? I can take pictures bigger than 800 x 600, but it's only because my game's resolution is higher.
Inventor
#4516 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
What's your game's resolution? I can take pictures bigger than 800 x 600, but it's only because my game's resolution is higher.

1024 x 768.
Instructor
#4517 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:13 PM
Oh.
Okay.
I'm sorry, I don't know...
Mad Poster
#4518 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:17 PM
Are you sure the game is set to that, not your computer?

Try running in windowed mode.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#4519 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Sketching : 23rd Oct 2017 at 5:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Oh. Okay. I'm sorry, I don't know...

That's okay. Thank you.

Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Are you sure the game is set to that, not your computer? Try running in windowed mode.

My computer has 1600 x 900 resolution but I was so traumatized by earlier graphics problems I was scared to set it higher.

Windowed mode only gave 800 x 600 pictures. Maybe I should set the game resolution to max?

Edit: Okay, that didn't work. The game looks so much better now though, but while I'm sorely tempted to keep it this way, I might not since the lightning and snow storms would probably wreak even more havoc on my computer.
Mad Poster
#4520 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
My game only accepts Fraps. It's nice but I like options!

I didn't try that one. Maybe I should have.

Also, a cheerful eff you to whoever pushed "disagree" on my post. Between my husband and myself, it took us most of an hour to figure out how to even take a screen cap, and then we could only take screen caps of the freaking desktop while the game was running...so...yeah. Kindly take your "disagree" and shove it.
Mad Poster
#4521 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:28 PM
Scholar: may I join in your salutations to "The Disagreeable"--but it happens ALL OVER; it's nothing personal, just some jerk. "Hay, JERK! You talkin to ME!? Hay, step over here..."

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#4522 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching

Edit: Okay, that didn't work. The game looks so much better now though, but while I'm sorely tempted to keep it this way, I might not since the lightning and snow storms would probably wreak even more havoc on my computer.

Sketching, you might try an FPS limiter. My game, graphics card rather, was having trouble with rain and snow ; I installed the limiter and am running at least 20 fps with rain. I had originally downloaded it for Sims 3, and ended up using it for 2. Works fantastically with 3 as well, fyi...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#4523 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:59 AM
I really should be going through and fixing extra greys and garbage ages from hairs before I have such a long list of hairs that need fixing! (No wonder "change appearance" always takes so long to load!)
Inventor
#4524 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blueskii55
Sketching, you might try an FPS limiter. My game, graphics card rather, was having trouble with rain and snow ; I installed the limiter and am running at least 20 fps with rain. I had originally downloaded it for Sims 3, and ended up using it for 2. Works fantastically with 3 as well, fyi...

Good idea. I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#4525 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Scholar: may I join in your salutations to "The Disagreeable"--but it happens ALL OVER; it's nothing personal, just some jerk. "Hay, JERK! You talkin to ME!? Hay, step over here..."

What point is there even with the "disagree"-button? It only serves as an excuse for people to not explain why they disagree with a post. :P
Page 181 of 516