Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default University World Takes FOREVER to Load
I'm sure this has been asked many times before but is anyone else having trouble getting into the University World? Is it loading up until it gets to about 99% and just sticks there? I'm having the same problem and have been for a good while now. The same happens when I want to switch towns (say from Sunset Valley to maybe Twinbrook). My CD/DVD player doesn't work on my desktop (it's old, but not too old) so I had to download my games via Origin (if that has anything to do with it, which I doubt). How do I fix this? It's driving me nuts! I can't send my Sims to University (or move to a new neighborhood) if it's doing this (I haven't sent any to University yet; I just got back to playing after 3 years).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:54 PM Last edited by igazor : 12th Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM.
Hi there. My suggestion to your post on the EA forums was to have NRaas Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap in play to reduce the chances of broken travel transitions. I also provided a pretty long list of ways to reduce stress on the game before attempting such travel. I'm sorry that you didn't find any of that to be helpful.

But you never said, are you actually using the mods and if so are they kicking up any error logs at the time of the failures?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Hi there. My suggestion to your post on the EA forums was to have NRaas Traveler, Overwatch, and ErrorTrap in play to reduce the chances of broken travel transitions. I also provided a pretty long list of ways to reduce stress on the game before attempting such travel. I'm sorry that you didn't find any of that to behelpful.

But you never said, are you actually using the mods and if so are they kicking up any error logs at the time of the failures?

Yes I read your suggestion; I have not installed them yet, but will ASAP. I have tried everything else though. What error logs should I be on the lookout for?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:32 PM
The mods use the script error system to communicate with the player. The script logs land in your TS3 user game folder in Documents and look something like
ScriptError_(name of PC)_(date/time)_(some hexcodes).xml

They will begin overwriting themselves after 10-12 of them collect so there is no need to delete them. ErrorTrap is particularly chatty as it goes about performing its cleanup tasks, not all of the logs it produces on a regular basis are really errors. It takes some practice in reading them to tell the difference and we can help at NRaas with interpreting them if needed.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free wikispaces account and NRaas membership required to upload and open up a support thread)

But if the mod combo gets you through the travel transitions successfully, then that's the important thing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:19 PM

I forgot to update you on this; I've downloaded the Traveler mod and the Error Script mod (I forgot the name of the other one), and it looks like I can travel to different cities/neighborhoods/towns without actually having to close and restart my game. Thank you, igazor .
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3isfun
I forgot to update you on this; I've downloaded the Traveler mod and the Error Script mod (I forgot the name of the other one), and it looks like I can travel to different cities/neighborhoods/towns without actually having to close and restart my game. Thank you, igazor .

Was wondering why I got a pile of dirty laundry in the mail the other day. Must have been from your sim who was too busy having fun in Uni World to do laundry themselves or include a note with it.