Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 10:49 PM
Default Clone not working with Nectar Rack
In buy/build mode:
SHIFT + CTRL + Click for the special options pie menu.
Set Treasure Component to Amazing Nectar
Make Buyable
Make Tasteable
CLONE: does not actually make a copy of the item, instead it "picks up" the item as if using the Hand Tool.

Holding shift and placing the item does not make a copy. Using the eye dropper does not make a copy. Using the special options menu clone does not make a copy. In fact, Clone does not work AT ALL even with a non-modified rack (though the shift+place and eye droppers will make copies). Clone works fine with other items other than the rack.

So how exactly can I clone a nectar rack? I have a few dozen in my Nectary and I dont want to have to modify each and every single one of them.

I have even tried using DebugEnabler to clone the rack, and it doesn't work either :/

This applies to both The Necteaux and the Flavor Savor Rack.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 10:59 PM
In my experience, the nectar racks work like chairs; once you select one, you can place as many as you need to place. I have no idea what this clone thing is on the menu; never tried to use it.

However I have only ever filled them one rack at a time. I've not ever heard of a way to create ones that are already filled with nectar. I will be interested in learning if someone knows of a way to do it.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:14 PM
Yes you can place multiple copies of empty racks. I am working with the treasure settings once the racks are placed.

Clone is exactly what it sounds like: an exact copy of the object. If you have upgraded an object in live mode and you clone it in build/buy mode, it will make a copy of the object, including the upgrade. Same thing if you add triggers to an object -- it will clone the triggers as well.

Works with every object I have tried so far -- except these racks.
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:53 PM
Are you using the clone function that is part of CASt? Or is there some kind of clone function within the menu for the racks? And yes, I was talking about empty nectar racks. Personally I've never tried to clone a full one because it's a 'treasure component' that can vary - that feature was created for the WA EP for use in WA worlds. I consider it a neat bonus that we can use many of the WA features in our regular 'hoods.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM
Probably because the racks and their contents are separate objects?

I would try using the debug clone function on the contents instead of the racks and see what you get.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Are you using the clone function that is part of CASt? Or is there some kind of clone function within the menu for the racks? And yes, I was talking about empty nectar racks. Personally I've never tried to clone a full one because it's a 'treasure component' that can vary - that feature was created for the WA EP for use in WA worlds. I consider it a neat bonus that we can use many of the WA features in our regular 'hoods.

I outlined the steps I am using in my OP. There are just too many racks in this nectary to do one at a time. Where I am building doesnt really matter; it doesnt work in a vacation world either.

Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Probably because the racks and their contents are separate objects?

It wont even clone an empty rack. The problem seems to be with the racks themselves not being cloneable.
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I would try using the debug clone function on the contents instead of the racks and see what you get.

I dont see how I could do that. You cant click on the contents specifically; it will only target the rack itself. The (treasure) contents are (as far as I can tell) a function of the rack; they only exist as an interaction with the rack. They might show up in MasterController's object manipulation, but trying to clone copies of THAT (assuming it could even be done) would be even worse than stocking each individual rack manually.
Theorist
#7 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vrusso
I outlined the steps I am using in my OP. There are just too many racks in this nectary to do one at a time. Where I am building doesnt really matter; it doesnt work in a vacation world either.

It wont even clone an empty rack. The problem seems to be with the racks themselves not being cloneable.

I dont see how I could do that. You cant click on the contents specifically; it will only target the rack itself. The (treasure) contents are (as far as I can tell) a function of the rack; they only exist as an interaction with the rack. They might show up in MasterController's object manipulation, but trying to clone copies of THAT (assuming it could even be done) would be even worse than stocking each individual rack manually.

They are "cloneable" when you first place them, empty, as I said.

I know that you are attempting to clone FULL nectar racks. What you want is (once again) not possible as far as I know. If you have too many racks to fill manually, try making a smaller nectary!

And here's a suggestion; you seem to have a lot of high expectations of this game. Maybe you should attempt to learn to mod! If nothing else it might give you a more realistic idea of the complexity involved with some of the things you seem to want it to do.

BTW, I have no issue with asking if things are possible. It's just that you tend to get crabby when people don't tell you what you want to hear.

Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
They are "cloneable" when you first place them, empty, as I said.

I know that you are attempting to clone FULL nectar racks. What you want is (once again) not possible as far as I know. If you have too many racks to fill manually, try making a smaller nectary!

And here's a suggestion; you seem to have a lot of high expectations of this game. Maybe you should attempt to learn to mod! If nothing else it might give you a more realistic idea of the complexity involved with some of the things you seem to want it to do.

BTW, I have no issue with asking if things are possible. It's just that you tend to get crabby when people don't tell you what you want to hear.

They are not cloneable (using the clone function as described in my OP), even when empty; they are however copyable (using the eyedropper tool).

People use "clone" to mean alot of different things (including the eyedropper tool), which is why I laid out my steps in the first place, to ensure everyone is on the same page with what I am doing and to avoid confusion due to terms being used.

When someone asks a question that is already answered, referring them to that answer is not "getting crabby". It is referring them to the answer. I didnt think I needed to spend 6 paragraphs explaining that when a sentence will do, sorry.

No interest in modding. I know my own limitations. Which is why I come to the boards to ask those with more knowledge of the game if there is something I am missing. Before I ask a question, I have already experimented and searched extensively on the subject. But I know that just because I can't figure it out doesn't mean it can't be done.

Now I really didnt come here to squabble or to be told "make a smaller nectary" (Thats rudely passive aggressive BTW). Obviously I know that is the final option if I can't get cloning to work on the racks and dont want to do each rack individually. The nectary is exactly the size I want it to be, and if the clone can't be done, I will have to suck it up and set each rack. But I dont see why it should be an issue for me to ask if anyone knows a way to address this problem. And one person saying "that cant be done" when they obviously were not on the same page with me to begin with isnt a definitive answer. Now, if you understand this time what I was actually talking about and STILL say it cant be done -- well thats a different thing entirely

It's also entirely possible someone else ran into this problem, figured out how to mod it, and I simply havent found it yet -- once again going back to relying on the greater knowledge of others on that subject.
Theorist
#9 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 2:26 AM
Actually, I understood you the first time but then your second post made me wonder if you were referring to the CASt tool instead of the menu for the racks.

But I am done here. Hope you get the answer you're looking for.

Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:11 PM
Well someone over at the NRaas boards tried it and got the same results -- unable to clone the racks at all. So I have to assume its not just a glitch in my game, and the racks simply can't be cloned

So if anyone stumbles across a modded version of the racks that allows them to be cloned, I would appreciate a heads up. It will undoubtedly be too late for this particular project, but I can use it on others I have planned. Thanks.