Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10801 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM
What use could it have? Can you enable testingcheats from the main menu?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Alchemist
#10802 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:36 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I think the last cheat used is remembered across save changes i.e. you play a game, exit to menu, then load another save (or the same one). As long as you don't close the game completely, it should remember the last cheat.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10803 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:09 PM
I also dimly remember that in order to use the cheat that adds lifetime happiness points to individual Sims you have to have testingcheatsenabled on before you enter a save.
Theorist
#10804 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM
I know that some cheats I have set up to run automatically via NRaas Overwatch (freerealestate, disableclothingfilter on, and restrictbuildbuyonlots false) can suddenly randomly not work despite the code being entered, which sucks massively

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#10805 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Don't quote me on this, but I think the last cheat used is remembered across save changes i.e. you play a game, exit to menu, then load another save (or the same one). As long as you don't close the game completely, it should remember the last cheat.

This may explain what just happened to me. I was working in one of my story saves and I had both 'testingcheatsenabled' & 'moviemakercheatsenabled' set to on. As I usually do when working on stories, I shift clicked on the mail box to make motives static. When I'd finished shooting I quit (without saving) to the main menu and decided to play another save for a little. When it had loaded I immediately notice that my sim, who had just gone to bed the last time I played, was out of bed with the 'well rested' moodlet. When I checked, all her other needs were at maximum. I was going to leave it at that, but then I noticed the needs bars weren't falling and the energy bar had green arrows to the right as if it were still increasing. I've had that happen before, and now I see that it must have been caused by the cheats I used in the previous save. In future I shall have to remember to turn them off when I've finished.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#10806 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:58 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 19th Oct 2017 at 5:26 PM.
I made a post earlier about populating a building world with sims using nraas debug but recently I've just been going through store and ea worlds and saving those already developed families and placing them on lots in this large building world. It's nice to have a world of familiar families as well to pull from whenever I want to fill some houses. I call it "Gene Pull"

(or you could also do what I do and just save all these families copy them from the library and put them in a folder that says "[ep] Families" )
Top Secret Researcher
#10807 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I made a post earlier about populating a building world with sims using nraas debug but recently I've just been going through store and ea worlds and saving those already developed families and placing them on lots in this large building world. It's nice to have a world of familiar families as well to pull from whenever I want to fill some houses. I call it "Gene Pull"

(or you could also do what I do and just save all these families copy them from the library and put them in a folder that says "[ep] Families" )

This will probably annoy the hell out of you at this point but just in case you want more of them, someone has done that already. This one has all the premades from all the EA worlds:
https://app.box.com/s/e6igicu8ucq0rrrpboxq
Scholar
#10808 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
This will probably annoy the hell out of you at this point but just in case you want more of them, someone has done that already. This one has all the premades from all the EA worlds:

Ummm this is actually a blessing I refuse to squander. Thank you so much.
Mad Poster
#10809 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175

Shame they all come separately.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#10810 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:59 PM
Right click on the actual folder to download instead of left clicking and opening it
and you should be able to download the entire folder with all families
Scholar
#10811 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 11:26 PM
That is super handy, thanks for the link! (though I wonder what happened to the Roaring Heights families?)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#10812 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:09 AM
If you have a frozen pond on a festival lot and your sims ice skate on it, they will get festival tickets.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#10813 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
That is super handy, thanks for the link! (though I wonder what happened to the Roaring Heights families?)

Huh. I never bothered with that folder since I don't like this specific aesthetic much, so, I have no idea. Maybe worth finding out who uploaded it and ask?
Scholar
#10814 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:35 AM
Some brief detective-ing suggests it might be @Maranatah? Not sure if they're still active here (haven't posted in a few months), so I might try contacting through twitter/tumblr. Idk.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#10815 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 2:11 AM
Three things while playing World Adventures:

1. Always use toilets in tombs. Never know if you find a hidden door or a hole in the wall to inspect.
2. Evil gnomes can photobomb! I had my Sim take a picture of another Sim in Egypt, and the photo showed an evil gnome peeking in.
3. If you're going to set up a tent and sleep in the marketplace in Egypt, use the Sultan's Tabernacle. If you have someone doing some snake charming in the marketplace while you're trying to sleep, if you're in a regular tent it'll wake you up. If you're in the Sultan's Tabernacle, it's soundproof.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#10816 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 3:11 AM
My Sim's house was just burgled and it was almost as if I just started playing Sims 3 all over again. It's been so long since I played a Sim that doesn't have a burglar alarm outside their house, I forgot what to do...lol!

Once I got over, "what the hell do I do?" I had him call the police. I discovered that when there's a burglar on the lot, and they're talking to the police on the phone, they cover their mouth/the phone mouthpiece and speak in hushed tones.

Off topic: The burglar stole the shower my active recently could afford to buy, the police woman came and kicked the burglar's ass, and the shower was returned to the family inventory. Awesome!
Field Researcher
#10817 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:18 AM
Children can pet raccoons! I expected the raccoon to bite his finger off like always but it didn't. It even played with him by chasing him.
Top Secret Researcher
#10818 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Children can pet raccoons! I expected the raccoon to bite his finger off like always but it didn't. It even played with him by chasing him.

How many fingers have you lost to raccoons?

The "raccoons chasing"... that's real. They're like little bears, you know.
Field Researcher
#10819 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
How many fingers have you lost to raccoons?

The "raccoons chasing"... that's real. They're like little bears, you know.

Like, several hundred? I always thought raccoons were Crumplebottoms disguised in a cute fur suit.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#10820 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:23 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 6th Dec 2017 at 5:03 PM.
I was playing around with OMSPs and I just discovered that sims can still use objects that are on the OMSPs and my child looked so cute on that little mini chair!

But when I put the chair on the smallest OMSP, she didn't really fit it, I keep thinking she's gonna break it, or her legs!

I couldn't remember if sims in the sims 2 could use objects that where on a OMSP.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#10821 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 10:24 PM
I'm going to sound like a complete noob, because I expect this is something I should have known all along. Anyway, it's always bothered me that I could never place a new lot at just the angle I want: for example to a road, or to another lot. Well today I discovered that by holding down the Alt key and the left mouse button I can turn the lot anyway i want. But, how come its taken me all these years to work that out?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#10822 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I'm going to sound like a complete noob, because I expect this is something I should have known all along. Anyway, it's always bothered me that I could never place a new lot at just the angle I want: for example to a road, or to another lot. Well today I discovered that by holding down the Alt key and the left mouse button I can turn the lot anyway i want. But, how come its taken me all these years to work that out?

...you are the hero we all needed.
Top Secret Researcher
#10825 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 3:58 AM
I learned that sim stage moms get their kids off to an early start for life in the limelight. This fab mom walked on stage during a SimFest. She placed her toddler on the stage and then walked away. At least she was thinking about him as she walked away, in her fantastic game- chosen garb (and the kid's a flashy dresser, too).

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Page 433 of 490