Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#76 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiatyn
Just a note, for those (like me) who purchased the Versailles set and found the knee britches to be annoying, Megativity13 kindly found for me these two tights, for men, to wear under the knee britches. Both are free, so yay.

There's a pair of thigh high stockings for men (free) at TSR
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ngs/id/1107673/

...and a pair of accessory leggings from the same creator
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...%29/id/1089123/

Edit: I finally got to try them out, and they work. Thank you, August Killjoy, for being a most handsome model.
Links give me "Page not found"
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#77 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 11:31 AM
That's truly odd. I am guessing the website is having issues, since the error message page also had this information:

Additional info:
Not found (controller:down...ngs)!

Hopefully it will be back soon.
I think your linking truncated the URL as the second link gives me "controller: down...%29" and this is also the visible middle part of the link:
Quote:
There's a pair of thigh high stockings for men (free) at TSR
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ngs/id/1107673/

...and a pair of accessory leggings from the same creator
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...%29/id/1089123/

What's the name of the creator? I couldn't find it by going to their site and browsing through the free accessories (and, boy, do they have a lot of advertising )
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I think your linking truncated the URL as the second link gives me "controller: down...%29" and this is also the visible middle part of the link:

What's the name of the creator? I couldn't find it by going to their site and browsing through the free accessories (and, boy, do they have a lot of advertising )

Oh it totally did! Thank you for pointing that out. I went back and fixed them. I hope they work now!
Theorist
#79 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 5:37 PM
so.....what's the new set that's coming to the EA Store on March 7th?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:34 PM
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/653426.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#81 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

Oooh, something I can waste money on instead of buying SimCity.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 7:02 PM
After ALL of the most recent store releases (except MV), since october/november, I'd think twice about getting anything from the store. Wait for the suckers to get it and brag about it before spending money on it - they can't be convinced otherwise, so use their blind ambition to help you know what to and not to buy.

It'll probably be buggy or crap, like everything else. Don't let their smile faces and exclamation points fool you. They just want to sell you something.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
After ALL of the most recent store releases (except MV), since october/november, I'd think twice about getting anything from the store. Wait for the suckers to get it and brag about it before spending money on it - they can't be convinced otherwise, so use their blind ambition to help you know what to and not to buy.

It'll probably be buggy or crap, like everything else. Don't let their smile faces and exclamation points fool you. They just want to sell you something.

Why did you talk about me like that? I thought we were friends.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 7:46 PM
I talk to you like this because I love you.

Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 8:00 PM
Me think the premium will be a popcorn machine. Kinda lame since it will probably be the season ice cone machine reskinned. Modify the mesh a tiny bit so that no-one notice the cut&paste job and do the same with the animation. I even wonder if they will bother to make a real eating animation and not just the gulp-it-all-in-one-go method. Chances of that are really low. Wait they could use the island bowl eating animation! Meh even that will require too much work.
And the Dr Pepper theater seaters are way better than these.
Theorist
#86 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40

~~hazards a guess~~

They're opening up the theatre and it won't be an RH anymore? Sims can really go to the movies, watch them, have a popcorn and a drink while watching the movie... have some food fights...

~wonders if she's hoping for too much from EA~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#87 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:41 PM
It's a 'Simema'!! :p
Ok, that totally doesn't work unless you call it a cinema. Well, I laughed anyway.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
One Minute Ninja'd
#88 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Ok, that totally doesn't work unless you call it a cinema. Well, I laughed anyway.

'Simema'

I don't think they can call it that in a T rated game.
Instructor
#89 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 11:18 PM

Edit: I finally got to try them out, and they work. Thank you, August Killjoy, for being a most handsome model. (He has the accessory leggings on, btw.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I must remember those if I ever get that set. Also got to admit August does look fairly regal in that doesn't he? :D
Field Researcher
#90 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie

Yeah, "Sinema" doesn't have the same ring to it, although it's oddly appropriate for EA.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:04 PM
I've completely given up on the store.

Really... it's just a really big TV (that we already have, mind you) with a sprite to make it look like a projector. I'd understand if it was playing new movies and had a film grain kind of look to it - that would justify the price, but this is just wrong. They KNOW some fans have been asking for open venues, but to resell us something AGAIN (looking at you cloned plant pot) and over-charge for it for a shitty venue that looks like crap - I wonder how much time they spend on it? I can't, I'm sorry.

I can't even express in written form how angry I am that they're doing this. And I already know people will purchase it. I just... ugh!

Lab Assistant
#92 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:05 PM
Yes, it's a venue!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:07 PM
Matrix,
they didn't tell us everything about it yet.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:14 PM
http://simsvip.com/2013/03/06/sims-...-plumbob-venue/

More pictures. ^^
It doesn't look bad actually, it looks like there's a snack bar? And a ticket machine, cool.
I really hope that's an NPC behind the bar... It would be ridiculous to serve yourself at the Cinema!
Mad Poster
#95 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:17 PM
I swear, the other crap it comes with better be worth it. My words wont do anything to stop them. I saw a ticket machine, so I can only assume it a pay to enter kind of thing.

I hope the TV isn't classed as a premium item. THAT would be miserably shady, but the venue is lacking, from the pictures released:

http://simsvip.com/2013/03/06/sims-...#comment-279703

Way to disguise the candy bar as a bar, EA. Way to bait consumers!

One Minute Ninja'd
#96 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:25 PM
I wonder if the big screen will just play the same animations you get on the TV channels? That would kinda suck.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:26 PM
It will.

Field Researcher
#98 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:37 PM
Maybe that bar is a Candy bar and not a regular bar made to look like a Candy bar, because it sounds like there will be more than just one PC item. When someone on the official forum said they suspect the ticket machine is the PC item, SimGuruTaterTot corrected them saying "*a pc item"... I hope the second PC item is the bar, and not a TV.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:00 AM
It's more than likely a normal bar. I saw a Sim using the bar as usual. Look at the drinks:

And someone on simsvip had the nerve to call me out when I called out EA on their BS. It's not my fault they want to take advantage of your wants to get paid. Good business is always fair, and a theater is not something you put in a store set - this is EP content, as there are too many facets to a theater than just a screen and a ticket machine. Way too many. This is just a quick cash in.

Field Researcher
#100 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:14 AM
I agree, which is why I hope we don't get restaurants or any other rabbit hole they plan on opening up in the store. Please, just put it in an EP and flesh it out properly!
Page 4 of 124