Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 1:55 AM
Any good universe-friendly vehicle mods out there?
I, for one, am not a big fan of Fresh Prince's real life cars. Are there any good ones that fit the style of the game?
I know about phodede, but they have very few cars.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 7:55 AM
There is a slight chance that this is not what you are looking for. But sorry, couldn't resist.
http://modthesims.info/d/487831

(runs away)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 4:18 PM
VPN's garage had a lot of "based on reality-but not quite realistic" cars. Most were modeled from cars in the 60s-80s. Unfortunately, that site went offline earlier this month. You can try the graveyard or Archive.org and see if you can still find some links.

Some of the cars were pretty cool, although I think polycounts were an issue.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:33 PM
I know how you feel. I hardly ever download vehicle mods because seeing a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 on the Sim universe breaks immersion in my opinion.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There is a slight chance that this is not what you are looking for. But sorry, couldn't resist.
http://modthesims.info/d/487831

(runs away)

Oh, you troll.

I really think that car should be made craftable for Ambitions players...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:42 PM
This so much. I'd like to say I don't mind real life brands in Sims games, but I do. I mean, I've come to accept that the Sims live in the same world we live in, and as a result speak English and use non-ficitional products, but still. My Sim might drive a Porsche 911, but I'd rather have her drive a Yomoshoto Temptation luxury sedan...as long as it looks good enough to both fit in in the game, and good enough to look like a real, believable car design.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 11:56 PM
What kind of universe-friendly vehicle are you looking for. Vehicles are always changing to suit the time but you should google sims 3 cars and see what comes up but there should be some family fords brands cars for the sims knock around.But you should look again at prince line up again he may have a few universe friendly cars.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:08 AM
what about the lada kalina sedan? i find that fits the style of the game. i'm not into realistic stuff either.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 12:34 AM
Morphead created a few "lore-friendly" fictional vehicles.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#9 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CheeseFlannel
I, for one, am not a big fan of Fresh Prince's real life cars. Are there any good ones that fit the style of the game?
I know about phodede, but they have very few cars.

How come you don't like them?
Alchemist
#11 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
How come you don't like them?

It's a matter of preference. I don't like non-maxis stuff used in the game either as it breaks the immersion. It looks really contrasting that one particular object is definitely different from the others. A realistic car may look stunning irl, but if it stands out from the others, it looks odd at least to me.

Just call me Nikel