Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 5:55 PM
Default Kick out option
What makes the game decide to simply erase a sim from everyone's existance over just placing him to a valid random empty lot?
I was playing a challenge and had to eliminate one sim per week.
The first one I kicked out, using the move...option, got completely eliminated...while the 4 others, sims weeks later, all got placed into empty houses in Town.

That first sim is no where to be found, and does not even shows up in everyone's relationship panel...just as if he never existed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 6:33 PM
Sims who get kicked out, get moved to a random lot. I've kicked out a lot of sims and they reside all around town. It's very possible that the sim moved away, I'm pretty sure the sim is deleted when that happens and there's no recovering the sim. I'm no expert on how story progression works though, don't quote me on that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:46 AM
This is what I thought too...but I got no pop up or anything, though i am aware of so and so cooking skill...now THAT, the games told me.
So He would have moved away, right away. The game gave him a car...he drove off the world...I guess, oh well.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:10 AM
I used to have that issue a lot before I started using NRaas Mods and I use NRaas story progression which stopped that from happening.I also don't use the kick out and would MC add sims to a lot before using kick out.I would just make the sim moving out active and switch back after getting them settled and assigned to their household caste.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:26 PM
I have Nraas SP and a bunch of other Nraas mods. I could not control him, I was playing a challenge. Why that sim got erased in spite of NRaas SP? No clue.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:08 PM
Well, it might have been NRaas StoryProgression itself and not the default game.

The moment I read that you get notifications of other Sims gaining skill points I knew that you were using NRaas SP. In that case anything that happens to your population is NRaas SP's fault. Because it completely replaces any EA mechanism in that respect. I'm sure there is some option in the settings that determines what happens to Sims that were kicked out. But as I don't use it I don't know where and what. But SP allegedly has a setting for everything.

You might want to ask the NRaas SP pros at NRaas Industries as this is most certainly a mod problem.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:51 PM
If you have instructed Nraas SP to manage your homeless (this is set to true by default), then the sims were probably deleted. If you don't have Nraas Mover, the kick out option will normally just boot them to be homeless if there isn't an available home with the starting fund money the game gives them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 12:38 AM
Yes...but what I do not understand is why him got deleted so set as homeless...while the 4 others got placed in empty houses...I was kind of hoping that the sim I am currently playing could meet them all..but one is missing. This is just too bad.
As my original question was...what tells the game (or nraas sp) to delete or move in house. Why thembut not him etc. I will live you know...I was just wondering.