Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:16 AM Last edited by MichelleandMikayla061 : 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Default The Sims 3 Teen Pregnancy Challenge
Hello guys! Welcome to the my first challenge I came up with, I saw some many Sims 3 teen pregnancy videos it's amazing! So why not come up with a challenge?

For this challenge you'll need some mods.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Woohooer : Nraas Woohooer

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController : Nraas Master Controller

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Mover : Nraas Mover

Now you must be UPDATED to 1.55!

Now for your sim it needs to be a Female teen. Unless you want a male teen it's fine with me! Also make sure you make their parents.

You can have any traits for the teen, but make sure you have "Flirty" as one of them. <- (If you want!)

Story (How it could be, But you can make it more interesting):
So your a typical teenage girl/boy that just moved to (any world) you meet this guy/girl and you guys fell in love, then started to date. One day you invited your boyfriend/girlfriend, he/she really loved you so he took it to the bed. After that you felt really sick vomiting everyday and night, After a week you decided it was time to go to the doctor. The doctor took some test and his final word was "You are pregnant" Do you think you can handle this baby? Can you tell your parents? Can YOUR boyfriend accept this baby?

~
RULES

Now you'll need some rules for this game okay? So here we go!

•You can't cheat with the baby gender

•You must be able to provide food with the baby so you must get a job! *Part Time*

•Your teen needs to go school, but after her belly is showing let her skip school for awhile

•You can't buy/build a house until you have the right money

•Don't cheat with the money! (No MOTHERLODE!)

•You can't talk to young adults/adult/elders, You don't want them to take your baby away.

•Don't dumpster dive in this, you want to earn the money to buy a new crib or any furniture

Now now, for the point of the challenge

You just found out your pregnant, you told your mom and dad they kicked you out you moved to the father of the child place and told him he's mad/happy that he's going to be a father, They both needed jobs so they got a part time to earn some money.

The point of this challenge is to rise a child at a young age.. Can your teen sim do that?

Your sim can be any race I don't really care it's your sim! :3. Now your sim finally will be about to start with 16,000 or 20,000? Well make you sure you pick "Furnished" house in the beginning so you don't have do any building for the parent's house.

Also something really important:

•You CAN have continually babies, But it kinda would be like (The 100 Baby Challenge) Up to you!

•Put the lifespan on Epic and make the teen stage extremely long and put the earlier stages on normal.

That will tell you when the challenge is over, Thanks guys for helping me with my first challenge!

Any Questions or comments? Put them below don't be afraid to ask..
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:30 PM
One question: you say that the point is to raise a child until the mother is an elder. Won't it stop being a child long before then and be able to support itself? Are you supposed to have babies continually or mess with the age sliders so that it'll still be a kid by the time your sim is an elder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:19 PM Last edited by MichelleandMikayla061 : 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Messed up
So sorry I edit the post! I kinda switch it up, I put the point is to raise the child at a young age. So you have to raise a child at a young age and I also added to turn aging off! (So you can take care of the baby as a teen forever.) You can have as much babies as you want only if you handle it. Sorry I confused you there :\ This is my first time.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:40 PM
Okay. That's better, except now it doesn't have an end point; it's just a long string of taking care of a baby with a teen.

Maybe players could put the lifespan on Epic and make the teen stage extremely long while putting the earlier stages on normal settings. That way, the kid will still age and you'll know when the challenge is over, but the teen will stay a teen for the entire challenge.

Don't worry about it. Most first challenges don't turn out nearly as well as this one.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:17 PM
I can't install mods (im a dummy) so i can't do this I was really hoping to!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Okay. That's better, except now it doesn't have an end point; it's just a long string of taking care of a baby with a teen.

Maybe players could put the lifespan on Epic and make the teen stage extremely long while putting the earlier stages on normal settings. That way, the kid will still age and you'll know when the challenge is over, but the teen will stay a teen for the entire challenge.

Don't worry about it. Most first challenges don't turn out nearly as well as this one.

Thanks so much for the help! I'll it on asap.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lillym16
I can't install mods (im a dummy) so i can't do this I was really hoping to!

I could give you a link how to download the mods above! :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:45 PM
Xd
Quote: Originally posted by MichelleandMikayla061
I could give you a link how to download the mods above! :D

Hmmm, I know how to to download them XD, but when I put them in the Mods folder, they don't work in my game... The NoIntro and the NoBuildingSparkles one (idk if thats right) works, but not the rest. I really want the Dexter The Bear Mod to work, but no luck... :'(
Any help is thanked!

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:46 PM
Which unzipping program are you using?
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:04 PM
Which unzipping program are you using?

Well, I'm really stupid and I have no idea what that is XD
But here is what I have in my "Mods" folder:

-Overrides (Nothing)
-Packages
-Resource.cfg

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:19 PM
Okay, you're going to need an unzipping program. Most of the mods on this site are zipped up to make them easier to send through the internet, like putting clothes into luggage so you can send them through the mail instead of sending them all loose. You need to unzip them to get everything out, and you need a program for that.

I use 7-zip. You'll need to figure out which one you need. If you're using Windows, then open the start menu, click on the link that says Computer, and then click on the C: drive. There should be two files labelled Program Files. One of them will have a number by it. If it's (x84), then download the first 7-zip in the menu on the site. If it says (x64), then download the second.

When you right-click on the zipped up files, there will be a menu. One of the options should say 7-zip. Click on that, then click Extract here. The file will be ready to use. Just place it in the Mods/Packages folder and you'll be good to go.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:37 PM
Okay, you're going to need an unzipping program. Most of the mods on this site are zipped up to make them easier to send through the internet, like putting clothes into luggage so you can send them through the mail instead of sending them all loose. You need to unzip them to get everything out, and you need a program for that.

I use 7-zip. You'll need to figure out which one you need. If you're using Windows, then open the start menu, click on the link that says Computer, and then click on the C: drive. There should be two files labelled Program Files. One of them will have a number by it. If it's (x84), then download the first 7-zip in the menu on the site. If it says (x64), then download the second.

When you right-click on the zipped up files, there will be a menu. One of the options should say 7-zip. Click on that, then click Extract here. The file will be ready to use. Just place it in the Mods/Packages folder and you'll be good to go.

Okay, thanks! I'm doing that right now, I have already downloaded the program. I'm going to Extract now...
*extracting*

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:44 PM
Quick question: SO you might have a different computer than me (I use Windows) and are the programs (when unzipped) suppose (to the left of the name) to have a red icon with a very fancy "A"? Well, it looks like an "A" to me XD

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:47 PM
Idk about flirty being a trait, can't I just kind of avoid that? Like maybe this particular female sim is stereotypically nerdy as hell and accidentally got pregnant because of a broken condom? Like the couple weren't really completely oblivious to things?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jthm_nny
Idk about flirty being a trait, can't I just kind of avoid that? Like maybe this particular female sim is stereotypically nerdy as hell and accidentally got pregnant because of a broken condom? Like the couple weren't really completely oblivious to things?

LOL! Okay you don't have to have that trait. :3
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 7:29 AM
This sounds like a fun idea to play with, do we make the father and mother in CAS or do we choose someone who already is in the town?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:27 PM
Quick question: SO you might have a different computer than me (I use Windows) and are the programs (when unzipped) suppose (to the left of the name) to have a red icon with a very fancy "A"? Well, it looks like an "A" to me XD

I've never seen that before; mine just have generic page icons by them. Are they working in your game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maddstar
This sounds like a fun idea to play with, do we make the father and mother in CAS or do we choose someone who already is in the town?

Make the father and mother in cas (:
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:49 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:11 PM
I've never seen that before; mine just have generic page icons by them. Are they working in your game?

Well. I'm so stupid I think I messed my computer up XD. When I open 7-zip, it doesn't show Documents as a folder... IDK why.... They were working, but when I went to download another mod, the folders got messed up on 7-zip...

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maddstar
Thanks

No problem :3
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 7:28 PM
Well. I'm so stupid I think I messed my computer up XD. When I open 7-zip, it doesn't show Documents as a folder... IDK why.... They were working, but when I went to download another mod, the folders got messed up on 7-zip...

You don't have to open 7-zip as a program. Just click on the zipped mod to select it, right-click on the selected program to bring up the menu, go up to the 7-zip menu and click Extract Here. Like so:

Blue means that I selected it.

You're not stupid. You got through my instructions. Usually, when I try to give instructions, people warp to an alternate universe.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 1:59 AM
Thanks. I'll try that out right now, I have to re-download my custom content, because when I move EA to different folder, EVERYTHING GETS DELETED... even my families. : But thanks! Thanks a ton!

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:01 AM
Oh great. Now the downloads wont show up in my Launcher >:0 I hate this computer

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 4:45 PM
Oh great. Now the downloads wont show up in my Launcher >:0 I hate this computer

Sorry i'm late with this..What computer do you have? If it's videos heres a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ISOSZVPYI
Page 1 of 3