Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:33 PM
Default Edit or create city building (with some fonction like the hospital or bistro)
Hi everyone,

First I'd like to excuse my bad english... I'm a belgian guy ^^

Well this is my question.

I'd like to know if it's possible to add a 'new fonction' for the hospital (for exemple) Like adding a 'plastic surgery item' on the menu of the hospital. Whose redirect you on the create a sim and let you reedit him/her body.

Just like a real surgery for some simoleons (10.000ยง ?)

Or construct a community building and transform it into a plastic surgeon hospital (with a 'fonction-menu' containing that fonction described before), or a bowling, or a new building career.

Maybe it already exist? For the moment my research doesn't make a match

I'm a noob in the modding. But I can try to learn and mod after. I've already find some source on this forum for 'how to mod for the beginner' ^^

I think it's possible to make that, but some help on which way I can take for doing it should be very helpfull :D

If I'm not really clear, ask me a question and I'll try to answer it the best I can.

Thanks for reading me
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:37 PM
Hey, Im sure its possible but as far as I know its not been done yet.

Im trying to add a custom career at the moment but the game files are hard to edit as they are in awkward formats. Give it some time and im sure more modders will figure it out.

I sugest you start off small by just modding the current careers for the time being and get used to the modding tools.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 24th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM.
The career buildings are just big objects with interaction menus, and I read somewhere recently (probably on MATY) a post by Pescado saying that adding new interactions to objects requires a "core mod". Which means a) it's hard to do, and b) your mod wouldn't be compatible with any other core mods. Unfortunately.

Since those buildings are single meshes, not constructed with in-game build tools, btw, adding new ones would involve making new meshes.

If I run across that post again I'll put a link to it.

Edit: ah here it is: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool...php?topic=195.0

Pescado: Can be done, but adding actions to an existing object requires a corehack. And is a royal PITA. There is also an additional wrinkle: If you ever remove the interaction, your neighborhood explodes.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
If you remove the interaction, your neighborhood explodes.

Haha nice one!

Ive been looking at the coding for buildings and it seems to be hard to find anything to do with interactions, such as adding new options to buildings.
You can find the current interactions in Gameplay.package file, and can edit things such as how much it costs for classes, how much it costs to become a partner, how much return you get each week ect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The career buildings are just big objects with interaction menus, and I read somewhere recently (probably on MATY) a post by Pescado saying that adding new interactions to objects requires a "core mod". Which means a) it's hard to do, and b) your mod wouldn't be compatible with any other core mods. Unfortunately.

Since those buildings are single meshes, not constructed with in-game build tools, btw, adding new ones would involve making new meshes.

Yeah I know, that's what I thought a big meshe. Thanks for the link

Quote: Originally posted by Creon
Ive been looking at the coding for buildings and it seems to be hard to find anything to do with interactions, such as adding new options to buildings.
You can find the current interactions in Gameplay.package file, and can edit things such as how much it costs for classes, how much it costs to become a partner, how much return you get each week ect.

Thanks it's a good start ^^