Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 1:43 PM
Default Rugby World Cup - France 2007

Not sure if there are any other rugby fans on here, but thought I would start up a thread about the World Cup which started yesterday in France.

The first game was France vs Argentina, which ended up amazingly France being beaten 12-17. The French newspapers are basically saying "What the heck?" along with the rugby fans.

The first game today is New Zealand vs Italy, in which at the moment New Zealand are trashing the Italians 43-7. The Italian try was pretty damn amazing though! The next two matches today are Australia vs Japan and England vs USA.

The main site is here: Rugby World Cup Site

Oh and if anyone wants to know, I'll be supporting Scotland :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:45 AM
Go New Zealand Haha Hope We Win..! Even though my country is so obsessed with rugby .. i cant stand it!
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 9:52 AM
Yeah! Go Scotland! I love rugby and managed to get to a couple of matches at the last World Cup, both of which Scotland lost (but they were playing South Africa and New Zealand!). I've watched every game so far and I'm loving it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 11:35 AM
Wahey, I'm not the only rugby fan :D

MzSera: Britain is more obsessed with football yet I can't stand the sport (unless Scotland are playing - wooo, we beat the French!)

romyhorse: Scotland are doing very well I wish I could get to see a few games live, but sadly I've just started a new job and so time off is a no-no!
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 11:46 AM
My husband was going to get me tickets to see their warm-up game against South Africa for my birthday but we couldn't get accomodation anywhere near Edinburgh because of the Tatoo

If we do as well in the rugby as we did against France in the football we should get through to the next round :D