Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:04 PM
Default I'm meeting JK Rowling! *dies*
:fright: :jig: :sprint: :jaw:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

(apologies for the capital letters)

I can't believe it! I'm going to meet JK Rowling on October 19th at Carnegie Hall! Can't believe it? Neither can I.

There was a contest on Scholastic for JK Rowling's Open Book Tour for 1000 lucky readers (8 years old and older allowed) to go to Carnegie Hall to watch a live performance of JK Rowling doing a reading, signing books, and getting asked questions. And I really doubted I would win, but I sent an entry form for my sister and me. I got home an hour ago and I was extremely tired and my dad said we got a phone call from Scholastic saying I won. Then that's when I died. Then I got revived back to life when I heard the valid proof from the phone that I was going.

So ...

On a side note, has anyone ever met anyone famous?

(Oh, and while I was typing this, I was so excited, I messed up my spelling.)
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:08 PM
Congrats, Amb! Make sure you don't pass out when you see her!

Meeting famous people? Hmm... I shook President Bush's hand before, I've seen Drew Carey, talked with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood after one of their live shows... Probably about eight different Cleveland Indians players, past and present... If I met anyone else it must not be important because I don't remember them. :D

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:09 PM
Congrats I'm not a fan of her, but that sounds cool.

I've only met one famous person. Mark "Mendoza" from Twisted Sister. He used to visit us a lot, but not so much anymore...It's funny I don't flip out when I see him like I normally would to a famous person, it's just...I'm not a fan of his. But he's cool, nonetheless.

OH! And I met Randy Orton at the mall like a year or two ago. That was cool, I guess.

There might be more, but my memory sucks.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:10 PM
That's so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! No I have not met anyone famous....yet.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Derange
Hmm... I shook President Bush's hand before

You would actually admit to that? :laugh:
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:16 PM
Aw, I'm soooo jealous, Andrew!! Congrats!! :D

And LOL, Romyhorse. As for me, I shook John Edwards's hand the other day, and... Um... I can't think of anyone else at the moment.

#7 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romyhorse
You would actually admit to that? :laugh:

*Clears throat*

;D

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:33 PM
:wow:
You get to meet her!! Freaking awesome! Congratulations!!

And no, I've never met anyone famous. (Actually, my grandmother once met JFK and shook his hand... the day before he was shot. )

EDIT: Derange, why!?!? Why would you admit to that!?!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 10:35 PM
Hmm... I shook President Bush's hand before

My mom sat near the Queen at the 1980-something Olympics, if you count that political.

EDIT: WHY would you? XD
#10 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:14 PM
That's great, congratulations =D

Umm.. I saw the boyband A1, at a service station on the A1 road.. :p
#11 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:17 PM
I've met her before. My dad used to work for Scholastic and she'd come all the time. I walked right by her once. Congrats, she's a very nice woman.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:41 PM
Congrats
I met the Queen Mother many years ago back in the '70's when she toured my school (I'm an oil brat...was living in Iran at the time BEFORE the revolution and going to British Embassy school there) I actually got to shake her wee gloved hand, I guess that was pretty cool....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:53 PM
Congrats :hat: You're so lucky!

I walked pass Gwyneth Paltrow once in Oslo. Didn't know it was her until I read about in the newspaper the day after. Some lucky ones got her autograph but I and many others didn't recognize her. :sadpanda:
#14 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 11:55 PM
Congratulations!
And now, a riddle of her name:
Why is JK Rowling?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 12:56 AM
I've met a famous actor once, and the President of the Republic, Cavaco Silva, during the State Market. I shook his hand.
Scholar
#16 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:01 AM
Who?

Just kidding. It sounds quite exciting to meet a famed author you enjoy (it'd be like me meeting Michael Crighton before he went all bat-shit crazy).

Quote: Originally posted by mokado
I've met a famous actor once, and the President of the Republic, Cavaco Silva, during the State Market. I shook his hand.

ZING!

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
#17 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:15 AM
Congrats, Amb! Make sure you don't pass out when you see her!

Meeting famous people? Hmm... I shook President Bush's hand before, I've seen Drew Carey, talked with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood after one of their live shows... Probably about eight different Cleveland Indians players, past and present... If I met anyone else it must not be important because I don't remember them. :D

I'm sorry to tell you that we must remove the hand you touched the evil tyrant with!
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:30 AM
Congratulations!!

I walked by Hulk Hogan in the airport once. That's about it. :D
#19 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:33 AM
Uhm, i used to live across the street from Hulk Hogan.
And I saw Kirstie Alley at the mall in Clearwater, Florida ;]
Forum Resident
#20 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:37 AM
I stood next to Bill Engvall in the Palm Springs Airport... that was pretty cool... and I've seen Danny Glover in the mall downtown Portland (Oregon, thats where I'm from)...

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Forum Resident
#21 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:41 AM
Famous people I have met? Well I met all these people just last month.

Hayden Panettiere!

Adrienne Wilkinson!

William Morgan Sheppard!

Mark Sheppard!

Lani Tupu!

Raelee Hill

Nell Wilson!

Chris Watters!

Matthew Atherton!

Erasing One Big Astounding Mistake All-around
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:36 AM
Amish Nick - I'm guessing that you went to ComicCon or E3? :P
Field Researcher
#23 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
Who?

Just kidding. It sounds quite exciting to meet a famed author you enjoy (it'd be like me meeting Michael Crighton before he went all bat-shit crazy).

ZING!

I've meet Ruy de Carvalho (Obviously you don't know him) and Cavaco Silva, the actual President of Portugal, last year, in the State Market of Ovibeja. (Which you, obviously, don't know him too:P)
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:09 PM
I haven't met anyone particularly famous, but I've seen Bodie Miller twice. Once at the Mt. Washington hotel signing posters, and another time in an ice cream shop. He ordered pistachio.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:20 PM
Wow, that is really cool.

I've met a bunch of bands, like Yellowcard, Kisschasy, Hellogoodbye, Story of the Year, Tyson Ritter from the All-American Rejects, etc.
Page 1 of 2