Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
Default need some help
When I played the Sims 3 game earlier today everything worked great. But when I got off line to play the game again I got this. The photo is the best I could get. Could anyone tell me what would cause this to happen.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:20 PM
Moving to Game Help.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:21 PM
Let me guess - you have an ATI card, right? Try rebooting and leaving your PC off for a few mins.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:53 PM
No. I Have the NVIDIA 8500 GT.
I went into where all the mods are and removed them all. The game went back to what is was before I downloaded the mods. I also looked at the launcher. It had the Automatic updates checked. Which I did not realize that it was. Did EA put that patch into my game without me knowing? Cause before I came online. The game worked really well with the mods. Now it doesn't. Anyways I unchecked the Auto update.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:00 AM
From now on , you should launch the game from the .exe file. As far as the card goes, I doubt that the patch would cause the problem.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:15 AM
Thanks. In other words no more Launching the laucher!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:47 AM
All Fixed. Thanks or your help.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:26 AM
I hope it doesn't come back. It really does look like a graphics card/ hardware problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:21 AM
That was the first time. That it has ever happen. You know in the game where you get your sim to upgrade something. Then they pull out that hammer. At times that is what I feel like doing to vista! Once again thank you.