Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:07 AM
Default Uploading content with textures from TS2 Exchange
Is this allowed? I made a TS3 outfit using the texture of an outfit from TS2's exchange, and I would like to upload it but I don't know if it's against the rules or not. I did not get permission from the creator since I could find no way to. I know usually you can't do this but I wondered if it's different if you get something from TS2's exchange.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
From what I've seen in other threads, content uploaded to the Exchange that's been modded using tools other than Sims 3 in-game tools is quickly removed. Apparently they don't want reskins. I assume if you used Sims 2 textures on a Sims 3 outfit you must have used Delphy's Unitool, right?

That's completely independent of the permissions issue; dunno what the answer is there. I'd think the place to go for an answer about what's permitted would be EA's forum though, not this one
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:26 AM
Yes, I used Delphy's Unitool. What I did was put the TS2 outfit into body shop, copied the image from the inside of it's bmp, pasted it into over .dds files' images and edited from there.