Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Merkaba : 15th Nov 2012 at 9:07 PM.
Default Recategorizing clothing to Seasons outerwear
I though it might be useful for creators (sorry if I'm posting in wrong category!). I had some fun testing and I noticed that in s3pe, in ClothingCategory "Unknown12" stands for outerwear category

Eg. (from May2011 bundle):

gosh, sorry for reposting, I'm a dumbass
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 7:43 PM
Do you know where I can find a tutorial on how to recategorize clothing using s3pe? I've never used it before but I'm dying to add more clothes to the outerwear section. Some help would be greatly appreciated. n_n
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 8:15 PM
  • Open the clothing in S3PE
  • If this is the first time you've used S3PE, tick the Names and Tags boxes at the bottom of the window
  • Select the resource with the tag CASP
  • Click Grid
  • Expand the ClothingCategory line in the Grid window
  • Change categories to True or False as needed
  • Commit
  • Save

Obviously, this assumes that you're editing CC clothing. If you want to recategorise EA clothing, you'll need to clone it first.
  • Open S3OC
  • Go Cloning -> CAS Parts
  • Select the outfit you want to recategorise
  • Click Clone/Fix
  • Click Start and save the file

If you do this, remember to change the existing categories to False in S3PE, otherwise the outfit will show up twice in those categories.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 4:25 AM
Thank you thank you thank you!! You are awesome. :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:17 PM
I did exactly this over hours yesterday and it didn't work. Only about 4 items have gone into my outerwear section. I don't understand what went wrong. I have CC Magic - could that be interfering with it?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 7:24 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 20th Nov 2012 at 7:36 AM.
Can S3OC be used to recategorize clothing to outwear? Except it seems that the program doesn't have outwear category yet, not even the Recent test version?

Edit: Also once S3OC is updated to have outwear category can it make default replacement files out of some store outfits? Since Merkaba seems to have just turned the store outfits into separate custom content, while I kinda want to keep my original store content in game but just edit categories for some of them.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:41 PM
I can't answer about using S3OC to change categories. It can be used to make default replacements, though - just untick the "Rename/renumber internally" box when you're cloning.

cnstnc680, is it CC or EA stuff you're editing? If the former, did you remember to delete the originals from CC Magic first?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#8 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:41 AM
I tried editing some of my packages like your tutorial said whiterider and it worked great! Also, is there a way to edit .sims3pack CC clothing so it will show up as outerwear?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:22 AM
You can alter the casp files from the ebc files in your dccache folder or redownload the sims3pack, turn it into a package, alter and extract the casp as a new package and use that as an override.
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
You can alter the casp files from the ebc files in your dccache folder

/noobhat on

Could you explain this a bit more?

/noobhat off
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 3:00 AM
It's the same exact process posted in post #3.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 6:05 AM
So I followed the process in post 3, and was able to re-categorize a few clothes how I wanted.... but what about store-bought items? Like for example, clothes that came in a world (Dragon Valley in my case.) Is there a way to re-categorize those clothes at all? I've tried looking to see if there's a specific file location that I can find the clothes, but the closest I could get to was the Dragon Valley objects package, and when I tried running it trough S3PE and S3OC it didn't work.
So it is possible to re-categorize things bought at the sims 3 store?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
  • If this is the first time you've used S3PE, tick the Names and Tags boxes at the bottom of the window
  • Click Grid
  • Commit
  • Save

Obviously, this assumes that you're editing CC clothing. If you want to recategorise EA clothing, you'll need to clone it first.
  • Open S3OC
  • Click Clone/Fix

If you do this, remember to change the existing categories to False in S3PE, otherwise the outfit will show up twice in those categories.

What if the cc we want to change is a .sims3pack and not a .package? :/
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
What if the cc we want to change is a .sims3pack and not a .package? :/

Try to convert sims3pack to package with Sims3pack Multi Installer . It's very easy.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:51 PM
can you send me the link to the custom content your sim is wearing?
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
  • Click Grid
  • Commit
  • Save

• Open S3OC
  • Click Clone/Fix

I can't click grid. Sorry for bringing up an old post
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#17 Old 27th May 2016 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmolionHDS
I can't click grid. Sorry for bringing up an old post

Did you click on the CASP and then try to click grid? It's okay if you have no idea where the grid button is located, I had the same thing when I looked at this tutorial. Or is it just that you really can't click it, no matter what you do?