Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 8:36 AM
Adding more names in CAS and to NPC Sims
I want to add more Swedish names to CAS and to my townies in game. I have followed severali guides both here and on other forums but whenever I try to load the game and change a name by dice the game crashes :-( Now, all guides are several months old and maybe something significantly have happened to the game and files during that time? Or maybe it is just me being a total noob ? *shrug* Is there anyone still around who knows how to do what I am looking for: Add more names? Who maybe please could tutor me?

My Legacies:
Granite RLC
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 6:16 AM Last edited by Morphar : 30th Sep 2015 at 7:31 AM.
Start by downloading the More french names mod.
Open it in s4pe and extract the two files:

S4_03B33DDF_00000000_784760DD00959DFA%%+ITUN.tuning
S4_545AC67A_006CA304_7036FF3703847744%%+DATA.data

The first one is names for NPC in game and the other is for CAS.
The first you can edit with Notepad++ but the other is more difficult as it is a data file.
There is a tool for it but it is a bit clumsy to use.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531876

In that tool you can open S4_545AC67A_006CA304_7036FF3703847744%%+DATA.data. Scroll down to the bottom in the big window and you will find Swedish male names. Right click on Erik at the top of the list and select Clone Erik. Repeat cloning Erik as many times as you plan new names. At the bottom of the list you will have a number of the name Erik. Double click the first cloned Erik and edit to a new name and contnue the same way for the rest of Erik clones.

It seems the existing name list is in order of use according to this list:
http://svenskanamn.alltforforaldrar.../direction:desc
Hoppas det går bra.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bloudwedd
I want to add more Swedish names to CAS and to my townies in game. I have followed severali guides both here and on other forums but whenever I try to load the game and change a name by dice the game crashes :-( Now, all guides are several months old and maybe something significantly have happened to the game and files during that time? Or maybe it is just me being a total noob ? *shrug* Is there anyone still around who knows how to do what I am looking for: Add more names? Who maybe please could tutor me?

Did you succeed? Do you have this mod available somewhere? I also want more swedish names, so I was hoping I didn't need to do it too...