Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 11:11 PM
@srtv

Great pictures and great costumes.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:25 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 4:56 PM.
More guests arrived to the Party…

First, we have the always handsome and ambitious: Johnny Cullen with his Dracula costume, he searched for professional help to get the perfect costume and he’s already making an impression.

Then, the always charming Aretha Edgcumbe with her daughter Ariadne, Aretha love the idea of the gossips that will appear because of her costume, she knows about the rumors of her family, and she doesn’t matter. Ariadne is so happy with the party and she’s trying to spend some time playing with Alex.

The O’Learys arrived trying to appear in all the photos with poses a little bit over the top, for Becky and Luke this party means the opportunity of make a name for themselves in this city and they are not going to waste it.

During the weekend I will post the rest of pictures from the Halloween Party!
Link Ninja
#78 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:56 AM
Lovely party guest costume pics! nice to see them applied now from our votings My favorite is the O'Learys - I'm such a sucker for couples costumes <3

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#79 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 7:31 PM
The costume pics are a lot of fun, and I love the way the O'Leary's posed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:48 PM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 4:57 PM.
My weekend was too busy, so only now I can post some updates about my Halloween Party…

The guests continue to arrive, the Sarah’s brother Jack and his boyfriend Cyd arrived early, but they spent a lot of time waiting because of the O’learys, the reason was that Becky and Luke didn’t choose the right photo and tried different poses to achieve the best photo shoot, the result was the previous photo that you guys saw, but also the bad reaction from the other guests at the party.

Well, Cyd and Jack waited and take their photos with love and passion, Sarah is very happy with Cyd like a brother in law, she believes that Jack can achieve a better married life than her own.

After the photos of Jack and Cyd, Sarah called her son Alex and also to Don for the family official photo, Don wasn’t very happy about this, but he tried to look handsome to catch some girls. Sarah look classy and glamorous and Alex goofy as always, the other guests applauded the session and Vincent and Riley thought that Sarah is a good person with class and elegance. Becky and Luke were happy to be in the party and they start to talk to Vincent about the fabulous business es in Riverside, but Vincent didn’t listen, he doesn’t want to know anything about money or work.

After the Baxters, the guests went to the party. In the meanwhile Samantha Hayden arrived with her wonderful costume, Don looked at her and wink his eye, Samantha knows that her affair with Don can cost her friendship with Sarah, so she doesn't plan to spend the night with Don, because she wants to talk with Vicent and settle down the things with him, she doesn’t know that Vincent in that moment is kissing Riley in the dance floor.

Samantha was leaving the photo session when she saw 2 sexy men arriving, they were Dennis and Geoff prepared for the party, Sarah can’t believe her eyes, those men were hot and sexy, but also smell like troubles, she and Samantha were confuse about them, but Dennis and Geoff saw the first opportunity of the night, so they asked Sarah to guide them in the party, but when she and Samantha start to do it, a hand took the arm of Sarah and apart her from the group. Sarah saw Samantha guide the both guys to the party and when she turn around to look the person that grabs her...

...It was Rufus Parker, her new boyfriend, she was shock a moment but then delivered a big smile, Rufus answer it with a great and romantic kiss and they went to the photo shoot place. Although Sarah wanted Rufus take it a photo alone, he insisted in take a photo with her also. Sarah was troubled, because Alex was near that place, and she didn't tell about her new relationship to Alex or Don. Rufus is happy with Sarah and is planning a big surprise in the middle of the party.

Don asked several of the guests if any of them have seen his former wife, but none of them could respond. He doesn’t love Sarah, but he also doesn’t want a stranger in the life of his son Alex. He went to the photo shoot place only to find her favorite guest: Lupita Twynson trying to do some exotic poses, he can’t believe the beauty of that woman, she saw him and start to do some sexy poses to catch his attention, but in that moment Don was already crazy for her.

After that, Thomas Thompson arrived with her girlfriend Denise, she was very careful to look for any trouble or detail in the family of Thomas, because she wants to test that family, if they are good enough, they can meet her son, if not, she can’t continue this relationship with Thomas.

Big thanks to @Charmful for the poseboxes links!
Field Researcher
#81 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 2:51 AM
I guess we can't be surprised that the O'Learys took a lot of time to get just the right photo. It also just confirmed everyone's opinion of them as being vain!

I had to laugh a little at Don sitting down trying to look too cool.

Rufus does look very happy with Sarah. Sounds like she's not quite as happy with him, though.

Lupita looks exotic and a bit mysterious; I can see why she caught Don's eye.

It sounds like Denise is being a responsible parent and putting her son's welfare before anything else. I hope Thomas is the man she thinks he is.

Great party so far!
Link Ninja
#82 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:34 AM
I love your party pics and all the poses, I'm glad you found some good ones to use for your pics. Any shenanigans happen at the party?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:06 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 4:59 PM.
The last guests that arrived to the party were Mission Montesco with her two step children “Beatrice” and “Benedick”, they arrived arguing about many things, for Mission her relationship with the two childs is very tought, she is patient, but only for the love that feels for Antonio.

Also Solange arrived with her daughter Tina to the party, they quickly took their picture and went to the dance floor…

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
I guess we can't be surprised that the O'Learys took a lot of time to get just the right photo. It also just confirmed everyone's opinion of them as being vain!

I had to laugh a little at Don sitting down trying to look too cool.

I agree @Cher64

Becky and Luke are trying too hard to be accepted... I want Don to meet Lothario, I think they will be best buddies forever xD

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I love your party pics and all the poses, I'm glad you found some good ones to use for your pics. Any shenanigans happen at the party?

Thanks @Charmful Yes, we have a lot of things in the party, even with a proposal and a broken heart...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:23 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:00 PM.
The Halloween Party started with some music and dancing, Jack Thompson helped his sister with the food and serving the guests, the mood was great. Sarah was happy for one hand, but in the other she was very worried about her relationship with Rufus and the reaction from her family.

The Children were playing in the child’s area, except for Tina, she was dancing near her mother. The other kids think that Tina is a bad girl, so they don’t want to be close to her.

Cyd Roseland tried to eat the most of the food available, he has an anxiety problem, in the meanwhile Vincent Moore saw Samantha Hayden and try to escape from the terrible truth.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#86 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:04 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:00 PM.
Don Baxter was in charge of taking photos like this one, where you can see Becky trying to stand out like always. Tina was very happy with the music and the dance, she likes to spend more time with the adults and not with the other kids, but the truth is that Tina knows about the feelings from the other kids, so she tried act like a happy girl.

Solange knows that her daughter doesn’t have friends that was the reason of assisting to this party, she will do anything for her family. Vincent Moore escaped from the sight of Samantha and danced a lot with Riley, some of the guests started to play in the pool and the Jacuzzi, too scandalous for Denise's opinion.

Geoff Rutherford tried to seduce Samantha Hayden, but his tactics weren’t working, Samantha was trying to look for Vincent Moore, but between superheroes, clowns, and other costumes, it was difficult for her to identify his lover.

But, she saw him... and the party really went from good to crazy in just a couple of minutes...
Field Researcher
#87 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:28 PM
Aw, why do the kids think Tina is bad? At least she seems to be having fun, even if the other kids avoid her.

I can't wait to see how things go crazy!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 3:04 PM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:02 PM.
The party continues...

Samantha saw Vincent dancing with Riley, but she didn’t think about it, so she waited when Riley went to the bathroom and asked Vincent about the status of their relationship. Vincent was too nervous, and Samantha was funny with his reaction, but when Becky O’leary appeared and ask where was the girlfriend of Vincent called Riley, because she need to ask some questions, the face of Samantha changed quickly, she realized that the girl who was dancing with Vincent before was not an ordinary woman, the fury on Samantha was strong and the people in the party started to look to Vincent with disapproved thoughts. Vincent tried to explain to Samantha the truth about how the things happened, but she was too angry with him, she gave him a big and good slap and run away in hope to find his lover Don Baxter to ask for comfort.

But when she found him, he was busy trying to seduce Lupita, with a little success. Samantha was sad and humiliated, she went to the dance floor and told Sarah that she wanted to go home, Sarah was upset because her best friend was leaving the party, so she asked some of the guests if someone has seen what happened to Samantha, her brother Jack told her that she was arguing with Don and Lupita and Vincent.

Sarah realized that she can’t kick out Vincent from the party, he is too valuable to her social connections, but Lupita was a newcomer, so it was easy for Sarah and Jack to cast her out of the party. Don was surprised when he returned for the bathroom and found out that several people including Lupita were gone.

When Samantha arrived to her house, she was disappointed and sad about her fate in the party...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:22 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:04 PM.
Sarah was too worry about the party and her guests, her idea was that everyone will talk wonders about the party, so any problem even if it was a little one it was a upset for her. So when she saw Aretha dancing with Geoff Rutheford, she remembered something that she listened hours ago in the party in a conversation between Geoff and his friend Dennis, something about a bet.

Sarah like a good host, went to talk with Geoff, but quickly she started to raise her voice and finish screaming to Geoff, the other people in the party were shock about this behavior, Aretha was shock in the outside, but she knew about the bet and the intentions of Geoff, he told her about that and they were messing around, so when Sarah finished the argue, they escaped to other place in the backyard. Geoff was trying to memorize every moment, because his sister Marissa told him that he needed to cause problems and tell her everything to make some gossips in the city, and Geoff is a good brother and also love the scandals, and in the process he can have so much fun.

Sarah was confuse with the reaction of Aretha, but in the moment she was searching for her, Rufus took her hand and started to talk about their relationship, and from nowhere he asked her to get married. You can know the answer here…

The party followed but the screams and music were too loud, the neighbors called the police and the people started to go home, except some of the party hard people like Geoff.

Link Ninja
#90 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:04 AM
Wow! these are all a great pics of a great time. I hope the cop didn't cause the party to be a disaster and make a bad memory for Sarah That always happens when the cops come in on my sims' late night shindigs.
I can appreciate all the work it took getting all your sims in costume, decorating for Halloween, and together with all the posing. No easy feat with that large of crowd and this is a great collection for your hood memories.

Thanks so much for sharing <333

Top Secret Researcher
#91 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 9:19 AM
@srtv Wow looks like a great Party, up until the Police Showed up, I hope that the Party did not end badly.

Lots of Great Pictures. I love the ones with the Proposal, Engagement wasn’t it?

I loved all of the Costumes and the Pictures with the Party goers wearing them, a really great job. You did great srtv, you did great.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:04 PM Last edited by srtv : 12th Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM.
Thanks @lordtyger9 @Charmful for your comments, the most difficult part for me was the posing in the photo shoots, when I did the party my Sims were cooperative, a lot of the photos were casual, like the one with Becky looking, that made my task more easy. Some of the events were planned like the proposal or some fights, but others came naturally with "free will" activate.

Even with the cop pausing the party, Sarah got a good memory about a wonderful party, maybe some of her guests doesn't think the same, but for some of the personal things that happened to some of them, like Samantha.
And yes, is an engagement between Rufus and Sarah, and that caused some incidents after the party ended.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:53 PM
You spent a lot of time on this party and the story, and it's a lot of fun to read about it. The party was full of drama even without Geoff trying to cause trouble on purpose!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:33 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:06 PM.
After almost every guest went to their houses, Rufus stayed in the backyard waiting for Sarah, but it was Don the one that started to talk with him, at first very gently, but later he start to scream about the engagement between Rufus and Sarah, Rufus couldn’t believe the shameless of Don, he was the one that cheated on Sarah several times, with Sarah’s sister, the neighbor and many more girls, so when he started to talk about that Don turned violent and aggressive, Sarah ear the screams and ran to watch the awful scene.

Don tried to hit several times to Rufus, but he didn’t made it, so Rufus strike back with a powerful fist and a beat down that Don forever will remember. Sarah was furious with Don and they quickly left the scene, meanwhile Geoff still was there trying to drink a little more before the sunrise.

The next morning when Sarah went to her work, Geoff just leave the house and declared the end of the party, asking himself where his buddy Dennis was.

Dennis, an eccentric and attractive guy won the bet, because he seduced one of the most beautiful ladies of the party and spent all the night and the morning with her… someone is going to be very mad about that… and is not Geoff...

Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:04 AM
@srtv ahh Rufus gave Don a beat down, well well. heh he deserved it I think.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:39 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:08 PM.
I’m going to show off the first business that I created from zero, I always liked the Contrary family, so I sent Rick to the University, he was not too comfortable there, so he quit like in the second semester, when he returned to his house, her father was constantly fighting with him, so I moved him to a starter house with almost no furniture, Rick was living in Bluewater Village so I thought he maybe needed a business to work his way to the top. And I often tried to figure it out how to use the “Little n' Local” store, so it was the perfect time to try it. I thought a little bit about what kind of stuff Rick was going to sell, and finally I decided to try Xmas decorations like a joke or something, but with the time “Sweet Christmas” was born.

The store only works in Xmas season, and it was my first business to reach level 10, currently Rick have seven employees working there, and Martha Grunt is the business manager right now, but she is pregnant, so maybe Rick needs to name someone else.

The store is pretty simple, they sell Xmas decorations, Xmas trees, pine trees, paints and some gifts like toys and beauty products.

The crew photo (Left to right).

Noelle Andrews (Barista), Martha Grunt (Manager and Cashier), Chester Gieke (Cashier), Rick Contrary (The Boss), Eyra Liv (Tidy Up), Kent Larson (Sales and Boss’s lover), Greg Chomsky (Restock), Minka Yomoshoto (Barista and Sales).

Some photos of the Store…

That’s my contribution to the month’s theme…

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Link Ninja
#97 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:51 AM
What a fun idea for a business! Do then any sims that bring home the decorations use them in the winter on their own lots or give the gifts to their friends/family when the time comes to play them? I like the decoration and organization and the Mrs. Claus and Santa uniforms. Overall very cute and awesome that it's a level 10!

Field Researcher
#98 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:58 PM
I like this idea for a business. Level 10 and only open for one season a year -- great job Rick!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:07 AM Last edited by srtv : 26th Aug 2018 at 5:09 PM.
Tonight after almost a year and a half of the re-opening of Old Town, the council leaded by Homero Goth started to development the tax’s plan of the city. The members of the council are Cassandra Goth and her husband Francis, the city’s architect Zack Grenville and Elizabeth Aspir the Real Estate Agent of the City.

They decided that the tax system will be paid in copper, silver and gold bars with several details based on the location, size, design of the house and the people living in every single house, obviously none of their families will paid taxes and other people are exempt as well, for example all the people living in departments and the students in the community dorms, also Michael and Bella Bachelor won’t paid taxes by Homero’s decision. Tomorrow the people on Old Town will get the notifications with this tax system.

The Tax System will be working as follow:
The people that live in “Old Town center” will pay x3 in copper this year, in 5 years from now they will paid x3 in silver and in then 10 years from now x3 in gold.
The people that live in Bluewater Village and Riverside will paid x2 and the deadlines are the same, the people living in Nocturna or living in Academie Le Tour in privates houses or frat house will paid x1 and with the same deadlines. So in case some students approved their years in advance, they will not paid any taxes there.

The Taxes rules as follow:
The size of the House is paid to the Goth's family to Francis Worthington, the husband of Cassandra and Vice-President of the Goth’s business. (If your house is size 5x3, you need to pay 15 copper bars in this year, and if you lived in Old Town, you need to multiply that x3, that’s a lot of money right there).
The space in the house is payed to the Architect Zack Grenville, in this form, flats multiply for the bedrooms, for example if your house have 2 floors and 5 bedrooms, you need to pay 10 bars.
Elizabeth Aspir will get the bars that correspond to the people living in each house to make the census and data for the city, if in your house the family is five people, you need to pay 5 bars and also do the math with the multiply system.
Finally Cassandra will get the design payment, she opened a Design Store called “Cassandra’s Dream” and the people will need to ask for advice or approval of each design in their houses, the tax system for this one will go as follow: for each bedroom and bathroom you pay a bar and also you need to applied the multiply system.
Probably the people of Old Town won’t be happy about all of this, but is the price of living in a place so exclusive like this city.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Field Researcher
#100 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 5:14 PM
LOL, I expect you're right about how the residents of Old Town will take this news!

Page 4 of 8