Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Brighton Beach Shacks

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 315 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 36,928 Views
Uploaded: 28th Aug 2009 at 7:56 PM

This lot was inspired by the "Brighton Beach Shacks" which can be found on Brighton Beach in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

If you compare the pictures, you'll see there's two shacks I actually left out. The reason I did this, was because they all couldn't fit onto the lot. There's actually a ton of these shacks in real life and doing them all would be impossible.

You'll also notice with the second shack, it contains a window whereas the original doesn't. Again, reason being, I couldn't put in a "boarded up window" so that was the closest I could get.

In regards to the roof. Ideally, each roof should have been coloured to match the original. This wasn't possible, so I simply went for a light coloured roof as this was best advised.

In the real world, these shacks are privately owned and can sell for $30,000 to $50,000AUS (maybe even more now) and are used for people to change clothes and some have tea/coffee facilities, refrigerators and the like. Because of this, I debated on whether to make this a community or residential lot, but eventually chose residential. It was designed to go on the lot located at 455 Sunnyside Blvd because it backs directly onto the beach. The shacks are also built "backward" so they are facing the beach, as that's how they are meant to be. Each shack holds a "household room", like a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom etc. (See screenshots).

Furnished, the lot costs $50,977
Unfurnished $29,720

I hope you guys like it!

Lot Size: 4x4
Lot Price: 50,977

Additional Credits:
tammy trauma for her wonderful roof recolors

Sookielee, FlipGuardian, Titanslayer, traelia, RiBlan & ZimZ for your invaluable help in the Creators Feedback Forum.