Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 1:31 PM Last edited by Heart Sims : 30th Oct 2017 at 7:51 PM. Reason: Additions
Default The Infection Apocalypse
So, I was looking for an apocalyptic challenge, but none of them interested me so I devised this apocalyptic challenge hope you enjoy!
I have played the computer and the console versions of the Sims 3 so this challenge is designed for both. Enjoy!
Also, there's a lot of reading so... sorry?
*may be tweaked here and there as I see fit, just letting you know.*

Backstory
The apocalypse had come. It only happened in 3 days, but it was enough to end the world as all sims knew it.
"How?" I hear your little minds asking.
No one really knows, but many Sims died.
After only two days in this a new disease rose from the ashes.
We called it the Infection. (Roll Credits!)
An occult rose from the chaos. They believed that Simmish sacrifice will save them.
Meanwhile, a gang took control of everything and made everyone pay tribute.
Some were lucky enough and hidden enough to hide from the gang. Others weren't.
Stores were raided until there was nothing left. We all knew what was going to happen.
Grandpa was lucky enough to find somewhere where it wasn't polluted by the infection, but sickness was everywhere else.

CAS
You can create a family of any gender/age, or use one of the difficulties I have here:
Couple (Easy): Just a plain old couple of a boy and a girl. Make sure they are at least boyfriend/girlfriend. They could be boy-boy and girl-girl if you want. It'll be a easy-medium difficulty.
Parent and a Teen (Medium): Your mom/dad died. Make sure they are related and one of the parents are killed in-game so you get the moodlet (or not if you don't want to)
Teen and a Toddler (Hard): Both of your parents died. Make sure they are related and the parents are killed in-game so you get the moodlet (or not if you don't want to/are too lazy)
One sim (impossible): just one sim.
Or just choose a household (less than 4 people)
They could look however you want, but i don't think they're going to care enough to put makeup on...

The World
You can get a premade world, or if you have console go to every house and use the Quake Maker/Fire and brimstone. It is actually quite fun!(console) Just turn aging off or something until your world is ready to play on! (or just play it as it is if you are lazy)

Your Lot
Just play on a secluded lot or somewhere not a lot of people can go. Use any size lot you want, but I would recommend the biggest one. Using 1,000$ build yourself a shack
Or if you choose a household, that's your home.
Or choose a house that is kinda secluded.

Fridge Rules
NO buying food items with money
NO quick meals

Dumpster Diving
If you are not immune, there is a chance you can come in contact with the virus while dumpster diving. Roll a dice! Odds means you are infected, tails means you are not.

Infection
-You can get infected by the following:
-Infected crops
-Infected fish
-Infected food
-Touching infected sims
The Infection is a disease which stops you from digesting, leading the sims to die from hunger. Yes, you see where I am getting at.
When infected you must lock the sim infected in a room and hope to cure them before they die of hunger.
When child stage sims get infected, lock them in a pool and hope to cure them before they drown! (the Infection spreads quicker in them)
If your toddler or infant gets infected, they automatically die! (you'll have to wait until the infant is a toddler then you can change them to be a ya
If you find someone not infected, you can just add to active family! (easy)

Curing
In order to get cured you have to pay 10,000 dollars to the hospital in order to get the cure because it is hard to make/in high demand.
Sims in the gang get the cure for free, but only for themselves. (no giving other sims free cure)
After they are cured they can't get the infection again. Ever. But, if they don't have the infection and get the cure, they die.

Infected Sims
When coming across a sim, roll to 100 (using random.org)
a 1-79 means that person is infected and to avoid touching them at all costs.
a 80-100 means that person is not infected and your sim should probably move that person into their household.
Just because the last time you met someone they weren't infected, doesn't mean they aren't now.
Just because the last time you met someone they were infected, doesn't mean they still are. If this is the case, write down their name, because they got cured!
If someone is infected and pregnant, the baby is automatically infected. You can't really kill a pregnant sim, so just wait until the baby is born then you can kill them both. You may need to wait until baby is a toddler though.

Paying Tribute to the Gang
The gang does not notice you at first. If someone from the criminal career sees you, you will have to start paying tribute or if you get a roll that says the gang notices you.
Every Sunday the Gang makes you pay tribute. This tribute is 5 vegetables, 3 fish, 2 plates of food, or 500$
If you can't pay tribute, roll a dice. If you get even numbers, then they don't notice. If you get odd, they notice and you have to pay double tribute the rest of your life!
If it happens a third time and they notice, they infect your youngest sim!
(just object delete the food)
If at least 3 sims are in the gang, you do not have to pay tribute.

The Occult
It's pretty simple: If you are in the occult you must find someone every Sunday to sacrifice, either by them getting sacrificed willingly or they got kidnapped. The choice is yours!

Careers
You're going to need to be in some careers to help pay for the cures.
Evil trait - They join the gang! (criminal career)
Genius - Roll a dice. If you get odd you are a doctor. If you get even you are a cure maker (scientist).
Good - Help the needy by handing out food (grocer part-time job) Of course there are some risks. Roll a 100 dice. 1-69 means you are not infected. 70-100 means you are. (roll this every time you go to work) The only exception is if you are immune.
Insane - You join the occult (graveyard part-time job)
Brave - You will help control the infected population. Roll a dice. If you get odd you are a police officer. If you get even you are in the military. Of course there are some risks. Roll a 100 dice. 1-69 means you are not infected. 70-100 means you are. (roll this every time you go to work) The only exception is if you are immune.
EASY: If they get the wish they can join that career, but also if they get a wish to quit or retire you have to follow that too
HARD: only randomize traits.
You can get teens to start working using set career, or just have them do the part-time job their whole life. (i think this is only for console)

Birth Complications
Not all your babies will be with out complications because of the decrease in medical personal available.
Roll out of 10. If you get an even number your baby is fine!
1. Your baby has a clubfoot! Pay 3,000$ to fix as an infant, 5,000$ as a toddler, and 10,000$ to fix child and up. Minimal to no walking until you fix it.
3. Your baby dies due to birth complications!
5. Your child is always sick, and very weak. They must never go outside if you can help it and stay in bed reading most of the time.
7. The mother dies due to birth complications, but the baby is fine!
9. The mother and child die due to birth complications

Pay
Your going to need to pay. This is a hard world we live in now.
Hour on TV, Stereo, computer, ect. =$500 (just don't buy one and problem solved haha)
Calling someone (you can get calls)= $50
Taxi= $10 (carpool does not count)
Gym= $20 each visit.

Obliviously we need to add some rolls to shake things up a bit! but this is optional.
Rolls
1-41
Easy: Do a roll every week
Medium: Do a roll every 3 days
Hard: Do a roll every day
Assign each of your sims a number. Roll a dice to see what you get and who it affects. A good site to use for this is random.org. If you keep ignoring the punishment (a week without running or jogging) then after it building up for 3 weeks then the ankle will break. Not sure how much science is behind that, but lets just say that's how it works now.
1. You find an infected child. You can cure them or watch them die. (you don't have to add to active family)
2. Crops infected. Destroy 5 crops.
3. Fish infected. Destroy 10 fish.
4. You come into contact with an infected child. Save one, both, or none.
5. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
6. You are fine this week!
7. Robbed! Destroy all your food.
8. An infected sim says they can lower your tribute by 1 if you can cure them. Do you?
9. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
10. An infected madman infects everyone that is not immune in your household.
11. An uninfected person wants to join your household. (They are not cured)
12. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
13. An infected person wants to give you their uninfected babies (literally infant life stage). There are 2. How many will you take?
14. You are off scot free!
15. Big infection! All your plants, food, and fish are infected and must be destroyed.
16. A swarm of bugs eats all your plants.
17. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
18. Someone will trade you 15 food items for a toy box complete with toys. Will you do it?
19. The gang says they will infect your youngest unless all your teens through to your elders join the gang. Take the risk?
20. Your fine this week!
21. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
22. The occult discovers you! Enroll someone into the occult or they will be sacrificed. They can never leave this job.
23. The gang is running low on supplies. Move before you are ransacked! You can only take 5 food each (toddlers and infants can't carry food) and no furniture or anything (move to an empty lot)
24. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
25. Supplies drop! Roll a dice. Odds mean that you get infected and the food you get is infected too. Evens mean they are both fine. (go to the grocery store and then do family funds to give yourself back the money)
26. The occult is running low on sacrifices. All your elders must get sacrificed!
27. A rich needs another cook. One of your sims is now in the cooking career. They are promised to be kept safe, but the food could be infected. Roll a 100 dice every time they get home from work. 1-10 means they are infected. 11-100 means they are safe.
28. Your fine this week!
29. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
30. A infected elder realizes he doesn't need the cure because he will die anyway. You now have 1 extra cure.
31. The gang needs more infection. They take one of your infected sims! (if you have any)
32. One of your sims breaks an arm! No doing anything using the arm 3 sim weeks or pay 2,000 dollars for a cast then it is only 1 sim week.
33. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
34. One of your sims breaks a leg! Minimal to no walking for 3 sim weeks or pay 3,000 dollars for a cast and then it is only 1 sim week. If they do use it, add on another week.
35. Your fine this week!
36. One of your sims sprains their ankle! Don't run or jog for a whole sim week and if you do add on another week!
37. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
38. One of your sims has a fever/cold. They must stay secluded and in bed for one sim week. If anyone comes near them they have a cold too!
39. One of your sims gets beaten up by the gang! Stay inside or in bed for one sim week.
40. A new strand of the virus comes out. No one is immune anymore!
41. My baby! The gang takes all your burrito-child stage kids through child stage kids
If you have any ideas for rolls, please let me know!

I am currently play-testing this myself.
Please post your families in the comments below (if you can)
Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 5:16 PM
but wait, if you get another week everytime you run with sprain, won't that mean you could just cheat...?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheGameLord53
but wait, if you get another week everytime you run with sprain, won't that mean you could just cheat...?

I trust you that every time you run or jog with a sprained ankle that you add another week. I'm so glad someone is playing my challenge! Thank you! Tell me if it is too hard and I have to add more "nothing" days.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 12:25 AM
Start
I started and I am playing on medium for rolls.
Story:
Eloy and Tiely have lived a full life so far on the outskirts of (insert supernatural new world name here). The reason they live here is because they were drove out of their homes when they got turned. Turned into werewolves. They built themselves a shack and a life and got engaged when the infection apocalypse started. They knew they were safe, but you can't be too safe. They hurried and got a LOT of food that will hopefully last them a while.
First roll:
24! The gang needs more infection yada yada yada they take all your infected sim. Oh yay for me!
I have pics of the lovely couple but I don't know how to post them. If someone can tell me then I will post it!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 2:17 PM
You need to upload your pictures to a free picture upload site. Then, it'll probably have a way to copy and paste the URL. Don't copy the part that says [URL], just the part that says [picture] or whatever.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letitgo1776
You need to upload your pictures to a free picture upload site. Then, it'll probably have a way to copy and paste the URL. Don't copy the part that says [URL], just the part that says [picture] or whatever.

Thank you! what site do you use?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heart Sims
Thank you! what site do you use?

Postimage.org
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 11:34 PM
Ok i'm going to try a couple and see what works

YAS Tiely!

their humble abode
*click to see it bigger*
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:37 PM
I recently started this challenge and I have a couple questions.
1. If you are in the gang does that mean you can stop paying tribute?
2. Are you aloud to join other careers, and if you dont have those traits can you not join the careers?
3. Does the carpool count as a taxi?

Great Challenge so far. I started on a sunday and I rolled for the week I got 28. So I am having my founder female not workout or run or jog.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:00 PM
i'm gonna try this

Faith is made stronger by facing doubt, untested it is nothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twixxx1
I recently started this challenge and I have a couple questions.
1. If you are in the gang does that mean you can stop paying tribute?
2. Are you aloud to join other careers, and if you dont have those traits can you not join the careers?
3. Does the carpool count as a taxi?

Great Challenge so far. I started on a sunday and I rolled for the week I got 28. So I am having my founder female not workout or run or jog.

If you are in the gang you do not have to pay tribute
it's up to you, but please be realistic to the setting of this challenge, like: you wouldn't go to a club to get a drink because the server may secretly be hiding it that he is infected so he can get the last few simoleons so he could buy the cure. Or someone in your career location is infected and not telling, or would you really be making + directing movies (film career)
No, the carpool does not count as a taxi because theoretically they work at your same job.
Thank you for trying, and i love answering questions
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 1:34 AM
Eloy and Tiely went around to different houses searching for uninfected people. They found that Flint MacDuff was the only person in his household that was not infected, so they took him with them (add to active fam cheat)
8. An infected madman infects everyone that is not immune in your household.
No. Don't do this to me!
They only managed to get enough money for 2 cures... Flint died while the others were locked behind the fence for their safety.
[/url]
poor flint
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 8:56 PM
I have a couple questions.
1. If a pregnant sims becomes infected, does the baby automatically die?
2. If I got, 'sims breaks their leg' in a weekly event, which of my sims would break their leg? Do I choose or should I roll to see which sim?
Thank you for making such an interesting challenge and also for answering my questions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Heart Sims : 15th Feb 2017 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Silverstorm13
I have a couple questions.
1. If a pregnant sims becomes infected, does the baby automatically die?
2. If I got, 'sims breaks their leg' in a weekly event, which of my sims would break their leg? Do I choose or should I roll to see which sim?
Thank you for making such an interesting challenge and also for answering my questions.

1. yes because they are connected through the umbilical cord.
2. You could choose the least athletic skill, the person who goes out scavenging the most, or you could just roll like you said.
I'm glad you think it's interesting!
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:19 PM
I'm gonna try this, it looks cool!

"If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host."
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:52 PM
What I mean is,
Quote: Originally posted by Heart Sims
I trust you that every time you run or jog with a sprained ankle that you add another week. I'm so glad someone is playing my challenge! Thank you! Tell me if it is too hard and I have to add more "nothing" days.
What I mean is, if the punishment is another week with no running, doesn't that mean that you can keep ignoring it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 1:39 AM Last edited by Heart Sims : 25th Feb 2017 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheGameLord53
What I mean is, if the punishment is another week with no running, doesn't that mean that you can keep ignoring it?

Technically yes, but maybe if you keep it sprained for 3 weeks then the next time you run it breaks?