Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:21 AM Last edited by EternallyStarlitGalaxy : 8th Apr 2017 at 7:12 PM. Reason: Adding my first question back in so people don't get confused :)
Default Safe to Replace and Marry the Headmaster?
Hello all,
I was wondering if it's possible to replace the head master with a sim I made in bodyshop? I was also wondering if it's possible to marry the head master without the game setting itself on fire?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:27 PM
Headmasters are game generated NPCs from a template so interfering with them is safe. However replacing one may not be simple, first when the game looks for an existing NPC it only looks in the service sim family so one in any other family would never be used. For a headmaster to actually function as a headmaster the sim's object data must use the headmaster GUID (0x6CD7D0E3) as the original GUID. All sims run the op-codes from their original templates, not from their own character files.
Headmasters use the standard sim pie menu and will run the standard sim main op-code when 'not on the job' so I see no problem moving one into a regular family.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Headmasters are game generated NPCs from a template so interfering with them is safe. However replacing one may not be simple, first when the game looks for an existing NPC it only looks in the service sim family so one in any other family would never be used. For a headmaster to actually function as a headmaster the sim's object data must use the headmaster GUID (0x6CD7D0E3) as the original GUID. All sims run the op-codes from their original templates, not from their own character files.
Headmasters use the standard sim pie menu and will run the standard sim main op-code when 'not on the job' so I see no problem moving one into a regular family.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help! \(^-^)/