Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:47 PM
Default A question.
Hi, I'm still kinda new to MTS, because I gave up on TS for a while. I don't really know where this goes.I really, really don't want to be a beggar, but if anyone is willing to give me a Sims 3 expansion pack, that would be awesome. If you don't want to/ or have it, that's perfectly fine. I'll continue on with life. I just really wanted to get some cool cc, but you need almost all of the expansion packs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kekid2465
I just really wanted to get some cool cc, but you need almost all of the expansion packs.

You don't need expansion packs to get CC. That only goes for Worlds.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You don't need expansion packs to get CC. That only goes for Worlds.

Really?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:12 PM
Yes, really. They're separate objects that don't rely on existing game assets. There are exceptions, but they're far and few in between and you'll know them when you see them.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#5 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:19 PM
There is CC which was made using resources from an EP, and you would need that EP to get it to work. But there is a LOT of really cool CC that is for the base game.
Here on MTS, first click "My Links" at the top of the page. Click "My Profile, and set it so that you are showing that you have only the Base Game. Then go to Sims 3 Downloads, and at the top of the page you can set filters so that you only see things that are compatible with your setup.

Happy Downloading.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:49 AM
Plus there are so many expansions if that was true, just having someone giving one to you wouldn't really help.... but lucky, that is not the case. most cc is base game compatible.