Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:38 PM
Default Can't find pattern in game.
I made a 3-channel DDS in gimp, and then took it into Delphy's Pattern Creator, which seemed happy with it and saved it as a package. I put it in Mods/Packages along with other objects that are showing up in the game. But I am not offered my pattern to colour things with, either in CAS or CAST. Any clues what to check for?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:20 AM
Inge, your new pattern should show up in the category (wood metal etc) you gave it in the Pattern Creator. Sometimes it is on top as the first pattern, sometimes it appears as the last.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:23 AM
Also make sure that you're not clicking the * or looking for any symbol to differentiate it from the game's patterns - .package file patterns are just lumped in with the game's patterns.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 9:34 AM
Tried both those, and also gave it to another experienced player/cc-user to test in game. It didn't appear in their game either. I must have made it wrong, but nothing complained at the time...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 2:58 PM
Default Me too
I did the exact same thing, and still can't seem to find where they went! Anybody have any other ideas? This is KILLING me!! lol
thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:18 PM
Did anyone ever figure it out ?
I have just made my first pattern and am itching to share it but can't find it in the game to test it LOL

Edit: NEver mind it's showing now although my bed vansihed when I clicked ok LOL
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 4:30 PM
Never mind The Sims, I think your first priority is to find where your bed went - you will be needing your sleep tonight!

Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Never mind The Sims, I think your first priority is to find where your bed went - you will be needing your sleep tonight!
LOL
Is there any way to add a custom icon to a pattern to make it easier to find? There so many it's kind of overwhelming.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th May 2010 at 11:22 PM
I'm also having this problem... I downloaded some patterns and a new wall paneling but I can't find any of them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 25th May 2010 at 12:36 AM
teainthepark this is not a general help thread on finding downloaded cc. This is about finding patterns that creators have made - their own patterns. Please post where got the cc from or go to Help.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teainthepark
I'm also having this problem... I downloaded some patterns and a new wall paneling but I can't find any of them.

CAS reads the bottom right hand corner of the pattern but it appears in the top left on the sample...this might help identifiy it.