Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:02 PM
Default Mesh imported in blender, texture not showing correctly
So I have finally managed to import one of the default geom hair meshes from the sims 3 into blender. But the texture isnt showing correctly. How do I load up the texture that goes along with the mesh in a proper way?
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 11:32 PM
You will probably have to create a material, then create a image texture in the material, set it to use uv mapping, then change the x and/or y tiling of the texture.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by St. Joo
So I have finally managed to import one of the default geom hair meshes from the sims 3 into blender. But the texture isnt showing correctly. How do I load up the texture that goes along with the mesh in a proper way?

I see from the picture that you are using 2.49b or earlier version,
Unless you more comfortable with it then 2.67, there is really no need for it since there are no Blender import/export for geom format (that actually work)

Your best bet is to work in .obj and use CMarNYC's tool to copy the bone weight ,but hair mesh are very easy to rig anyway.

To assign a material to your object; You just need to go in UVimageEditor mode, and hit Alt+O (or go to Image > Open Image > browse to your .dds) image
make sure your object is selected in Edit Mode by pressing Alt+A

BobbyTH