Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims don't age (even without CC)
My game works normally as far as I can tell except the sims simply don't age. No cheats, or anything else. New sims I can create don't age as well. I've done the Game Help FAQ and followed all the steps, removing CC, the Saved Sims folder, deleting the cache files and the problem persists. Eventually I went to a game-made hood I barely played it, and with the help of the "sethour" cheat, I set the game hour to 17 pm and after the clock reached 18pm the sims in the house aged normally. The FAQ points at this being hood corruption I guess. I never heard of this kind of issue and I want to make sure before giving up on my hoods (there are two that have this issue). I have a backup of both hoods form a date before the issues took place so It's not that big of a deal losing them, but I would like to know what caused the corruption so I can avoid it in the future. Yes, I do have a good amount of CC and mods. No idea if the issue affect pets - haven't tested it. I would really appreciate some help, thanks!

P.S.: One of my recent downloads is a mod that affects the speed of time among other things. I'm not going to post links or names since I don't know If I'm allowed to by the site or the mod's creator. It's not here on MTS.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:35 AM
I'm going to ask the obvious stupid question, since you don't specifically address it: Have you checked that aging is on in these households?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:19 AM
A long shot, but did you move their houses from the university hood to a regular hood? Houses meant for university lots have aging permanently off (as in, IIRC, turning it on doesn't do anything).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I'm going to ask the obvious stupid question, since you don't specifically address it: Have you checked that aging is on in these households?

I don't know if I understand what you're saying. I don't use any cheats or mods to stop the aging process. Even if I have something like that on my downloads folder without my consent, the issue remains without all my CC. Do you mean I should type "aging on" on the cheat code line and see if this fixes it?

Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
A long shot, but did you move their houses from the university hood to a regular hood? Houses meant for university lots have aging permanently off (as in, IIRC, turning it on doesn't do anything).

No. These are normal lots which were working fine two weeks ago, and then suddenly the aging stopped.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:31 AM
It's not a mod. You type into the cheat window "aging off" and they don't age - if you try to give one a birthday cake they will even age down about six days - until you open the cheat window again and type in "aging on." This applies only to that household, but unlike most other cheats, it will still be in effect the next time you open the house, so that it's possible to turn it off once, forget to turn it back on, and have an unaging household indefinitely. I've done this myself, which is why I know about the birthday cake.

So yes, I think you should type "aging on" into the cheat code field, and see if that fixes it. Just to be 100% sure. Because mischievous computer fairies are a thing, especially in this game.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:31 AM
It's not a mod. You type into the cheat window "aging off" and they don't age - if you try to give one a birthday cake they will even age down about six days - until you open the cheat window again and type in "aging on." This applies only to that household, but unlike most other cheats, it will still be in effect the next time you open the house, so that it's possible to turn it off once, forget to turn it back on, and have an unaging household indefinitely. I've done this myself, which is why I know about the birthday cake.

So yes, I think you should type "aging on" into the cheat code field, and see if that fixes it. Just to be 100% sure. Because mischievous computer fairies are a thing, especially in this game.

I tried doing that in a few houses and it didn't work. I never use this code, but rather give sims days with insiminator if I need to. The only code I have on my startup file is the one to rotate objects in 360°. I do have a lifespan mod but I don't suppose it has anything to do with it..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:46 AM
Always best to be sure. The lifespan mod might create problems with aging...but if the problem persists without your Downloads folder, the problem isn't in there. You should be able to stop worrying about mods, having determined that - unless you've got any mods that don't go in the Downloads folder? I had a camera mod screw up so that I couldn't go into cameraman mode last week, and camera mods don't go into the Downloads folder.

This would be an odd way for corruption to manifest, is the thing; it sounds a lot more like the weird stuff mod conflicts do. The kind of corruption that breaks the game is the result of bits of code that belong to one sim getting attached to another (roughly speaking). The signs of that are generally things going wrong with individual sims - toddlers wanting to flirt, sims disappearing, men thinking they're cats, dogs thinking they're women, and so on. It is possible for programs to break in other ways, but it's not nearly so common.

Have you had any recent crashes that happened while saving? That's one way for files to corrupt, and any file that was in the process of saving could have been damaged, randomly.

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:57 AM
Try to use Hoodchecker first to check and fix your neighbourhood a bit.
For the aging problem I'd suggest to use agecorrect.zip http://modthesims.info/t/598117

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:18 PM Last edited by artcalumby : 21st Jul 2018 at 1:56 PM.
Have you had any recent crashes that happened while saving? That's one way for files to corrupt, and any file that was in the process of saving could have been damaged, randomly.

No. And the only thing outside the download folder that I can think of is the allmenus/debugsocial modified file and a camera mod. I can't think of anything else...

I noticed that the aspiration bar and apparently the seasons meter are frozen as well. The Lifetime Aspiration bar I've seen "glowing" green and red a few times in my testings. The mod about the time I mentioned earlier is a hacked object with options to enable the functions. In the hood where the sims aged normally i haven't used the object unlike the other hoods where I have the problem. Is it possible that a hacked object or something along those lines can leave "traces" in the game even if you take it out of the downloads folder?

Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Try to use Hoodchecker first to check and fix your neighbourhood a bit.
For the aging problem I'd suggest to use agecorrect.zip http://modthesims.info/t/598117

Cool mod! Didn't seem to solve the problem though...

EDIT: I got the season meter to run. It seems the hour of the "season days remaining" changes everytime. I thought it was always at midnight.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:31 PM
What hacked item? A few mods can leave issues if it alters some coding or leaves behind tokens.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What hacked item? A few mods can leave issues if it alters some coding or leaves behind tokens.

I'll send you a pm. I don't know if i can post the link here, or if the creator allows it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:34 PM
Did you check the ages in SimPE - I ask because if the sims get flagged with an age older than the regular age days for that stage, they will apparently not age. Bit difficult to explain clearly - if you check an adult, is there age set to 29 days or less?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#13 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:27 PM
another possibility might be that at least some of the characters were/are non-aging creatures (zombie, vampire, servo).
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:14 PM
Did you try Hoodchecker?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Did you try Hoodchecker?

Yes. Apparently is the object I've mentioned earlier. I'm gonna try contacting the creator.