Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:31 AM
Default Weird gaps in clothing options - CAS
Hello! I didn't know where else to go with this problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've had this problem since reinstalling the Sims 4 about, oh, a week to a week and a half ago and I don't know if it's something that just happens or if something is wrong.

While in Create-a-Sim, sometimes the clothing options leave weird gaps in the middle (sometimes on the side) and while I don't THINK this causes any of my content to go missing, it DOES weirdly displace it. The picture I attached shows what I mean. Not pictured, but still prevalent, is that sometimes the content is half cut off by the side of the column, though this problem significantly decreased with the mod to add more columns to CAS.

I'm mostly just wonder if anyone else has had this problem and if there's a way to fix it. If not, then that's fine! But I wanted to ask more experienced Sims 4 players and I'm not quite sure how to begin to look for this problem.

As a secondary question, is there a way to make the color swatch selection drop-down wider instead of longer? Content at the bottom of the clothing/accessory/etc list with lots of color options get cut off by the bottom of the screen and I don't know of a way to select the colors any other way.

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 11:18 AM
The gaps in CAS items happens to me. I've always thought it was because I have custom content in my game, but I'm not sure, as the displaced items are both Maxis and custom. Sometimes using the different filtering options (ie. T-Shirts, Blouses, Jackets etc) will help you see items that are displaced when viewing all the items at once.

And I wish there was a way to change the width of the selections, but I think that's just the way it's built. Again the filtering options might help - sometimes if the item with a lot of swatches is in a category where there aren't a lot of items, then when you filter to that category it might not be right down the bottom of the screen and you might be able to see more of the swatches.
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:14 PM
It can usually be an item with too many swatches, I wouldn't recommended anything above 30 Swatches, you can delete unwanted swatches in SIms4Studio